What unused kaiju would you like to see?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
LegendZilla
Sazer

What unused kaiju would you like to see?

Post by LegendZilla »

Hello once again my dear users, LegendZilla here. Today I would like to discuss if you believe certain kaiju who Toho scrapped over the years from unused scripts deserve a chance at actually showing up in a film one day? If so, what ones would you like to see? Other than the obvious Bagan, I would like to see Redmoon, Mogu and Majin Tuol (because I have an interest in Pre-Columbian New World civilizations) just to name a few.

In addition, I think they should try to lift the Berserk concept off the cutting room floor and turn him into a full-blown version of Mechagodzilla. How do you think Toho should handle the unused monsters? I think for Majin Tuol, they should replace his sword with a traditional Incan weapon since swords were not present in the New World (unless you count the Aztec Macuahuitl). I would chose a Macana, or Incan mace. As for a film I would put him in, it would involve Godzilla trying to fight off an alien invasion lead by the evil space brain, Miko (from the unused script, Godzilla Vs The Space Monsters, which would eventually become Godzilla Vs Gigan) who takes control of both Redmoon and Mogu, who prove too much for Godzilla to handle alone, leading the human characters to summon Tuol to help him out.

Do you think I have made an interesting pitch for a Godzilla film? If so, leave a comment below. If not, tell me what you'd do.

LegendZilla out. ;)

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Re: What unused kaiju would you like to see?

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Redmoon, Erabus, Hafun, Gigamoth and that unnamed mutated starfish.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Queen Bitch needs to join the Monsterverse.
Titanus Queenus Bitchus
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Deathla and Ghost Godzilla.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Chamelegon, Asuka Fortress, and Barubaroi.

Bonus for Gryphon being in the Monsterverse.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Bagan, Bagan and maybe the Giant Whale.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Ghost Godzilla and Bagan

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I'd go with Deep Sea Life and the Anguirus Hound.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Ghost Godzilla for me. I always thought the basic concept of the second Godzilla fighting the ghost of the first Godzilla was interesting. It'd be the only way Godzilla could really, literally fight himself.
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu May 13, 2021 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I wouldn’t mind seeing White Rodan become a thing.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Deutalios for me. Mammal and fish-based kaiju are both rare, and this guy checks off both boxes. I like the idea of giant rats as kaiju vermin, and it would be cool to see Deutalios fill that role. Or he could just be a one-off mutant, either way.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Surprised no one has said anything about Miba from the cancelled, American made official sequel to Godzilla 2000: Millenium

A bat-like creature made of lava sounds badass
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Mecha Mothra, Hitodah, Dogolas.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Oops! I already put White Rodan in this thread! My mistake. :lol:

I would not be opposed to seeing Bagan make an official on-screen appearance.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

A movie centered around the Asuka Fortress would be absolutely fascinating.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Bagan should be treated as the Thanos/Darkseid of Godzilla’s rogues gallery. Ghidorah is like the Joker/Lex Luthor, while Destoroyah fills in the niche of Doomsday.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:36 pm Bagan should be treated as the Thanos/Darkseid of Godzilla’s rogues gallery. Ghidorah is like the Joker/Lex Luthor, while Destoroyah fills in the niche of Doomsday.
Perhaps, but I believe Bagan should just be in the annals of Godzilla history. Just a neat little lost character, so to speak. Something you’d see posed on top a pillar while walking down a hallway of history.

I think SpaceGodzilla fits the Thanos/Darkseid role better, but I can definitely see why Bagan is so popularly thought to be there.
For Emperor and Empire!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Voyager wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:33 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:36 pm Bagan should be treated as the Thanos/Darkseid of Godzilla’s rogues gallery. Ghidorah is like the Joker/Lex Luthor, while Destoroyah fills in the niche of Doomsday.
Perhaps, but I believe Bagan should just be in the annals of Godzilla history. Just a neat little lost character, so to speak. Something you’d see posed on top a pillar while walking down a hallway of history.

I think SpaceGodzilla fits the Thanos/Darkseid role better, but I can definitely see why Bagan is so popularly thought to be there.
Agreed fully on Bagan being better left in the past.

I could def see Spacegodzilla as Darkseid and Ghidorah as a Joker, but personally, Hedorah is more of Doomsday if you ask me. Just an absolutely impossible to beat foe. Destroyah I'd argue is more like.....Carnage, I'll say. Just a absolute threat outside of our heroes normal wheelhouse who is dangerous because he DOESN'T act like the other guys, will attack the places you don't expect and necessitate desperate alliances with the worst enemies to win

RIP Evan.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Can you guys care to explain as to why Bagan should be left in the dustbin of history? What do you have to say to people who object to such a notion like myself? I'm in the crowd who believes he deserves to make his grand debut on the silver screen one day and would love to see it.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:49 pm ^Can you guys care to explain as to why Bagan should be left in the dustbin of history? What do you have to say to people who object to such a notion like myself? I'm in the crowd who believes he deserves to make his grand debut on the silver screen one day and would love to see it.
In all honesty, compared to his other fellow scrapped monsters like Gryphon, Ghost Godzilla and even some like Chaos, Berserk and Deutalios.. he's just so freaking boring in comparison. Every other character here i listed has something really unique about them, whether it be a monstrous alien who becomes a hybrid of terrestrial life, the spirit of the original Godzilla come to life, a monster hailing from another dimension entirely, a mechanical virus trying to mimic everything it sees, or being a weird rat-fish hybrid gone sicko mode.

Bagan, on the other hand is.. a ancient god of darkness who's super strong and wants to kill stuff. Gee, sure haven't seen that one before/s

When you have a bunch of other more interesting concepts for monsters, someone who acts as a generic doomsday villain just ain't gonna cut it. I guess maybe you could use his origin story to make him a big bad or something like he's usually viewed as; but when i can name four other monsters who have ACTUALLY appeared in this franchise who can fit that niche perfectly, (Destoroyah, SpaceGodzilla, Monster X, Hedorah) then literally what's the point? And his original concept of Bakan isn't giving him any points either, that design is atrocious.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!