Favourite King Ghidorah?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

What version if your favourite?

Showa
33%
Heisei (MKG included)
4%
RoMIII
22%
GMK
2%
MonsterVerse
33%
Shin (Evangelion)
4%
Reiwa
2%

Total votes: 46

Voyager
Keizer

Favourite King Ghidorah?

Post by Voyager »

I’ve said it so many times, it’s Showa :)

It seems as though we’re redoing all the old polls, so may as well make a new one for the newbies
For Emperor and Empire!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Favourite King Ghidorah?

Post by GigaBowserG »

Went with ROM3. Carries a powerful presence with its design, and certainly acts the part! However, I'm not a big fan of the weird back fins, they feel unnecessarily tacked on and rather sloppy. The loss of flexible necks compared to its Heisei and Showa counterparts is also sorely missed.

Runner up's the "Shin" Ghidorah. The design's so sleek and simple while still being very alien, it has weird arm-legs and has an oddly graceful method of flight, and love the anti-gravity aspects of its beams. Had it actually been featured in a feature length movie and the personality/abilities were fleshed out a bit more, it'd be a very strong contender for my favorite Ghidorah.
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Fri May 07, 2021 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Without any hesitation, the MV Ghidorah is the King Ghidorah I've always dreamed about. A true terror of the stars, with a delightful menace to him and an imposing presence that never dips down. He isn't some mindless pawn of some generic antagonist group, he is the King of the Cosmos and among all Ghidorah actually seems to have a believable method to lay waste to an entire world.

He is everything the first Ghidorah film back in the Showa era hyped him up to be, and he doesn't get the rug pulled from him. Grand would be my second choice, but I never liked his kidnap children subplot; felt like a Gamera Showa villain more so than King Ghidorah. So an easy vote for me.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

ROM3 because it's just a complete package. It's size and bulk just makes him intimidating asf.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Showa. I know it's an easy pick but I just love the design of the heads and those manes. Those cackles are iconic. Shin Ghidorah and Grand King are also some good runners up, the former only having a brief appearance and I've never seen ROM3. Monsterverse Ghidorah was also much more faithful than I was expecting it to be, but seeing the movie after already having seen the SHMA, I was disappointed in how drab his colour scheme is and how he spends a lot of time wing-walking low to the ground instead of standing tall and fanning his wings out.
Last edited by Smuggers on Fri May 07, 2021 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

MV for me, the design look fantastic and they add in different personality for each head, While also being intimidating.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GMK is my personal favorite, with Heisei following after. Completely subjective choices, and I wouldn't propose that either are the "definitive" Ghidorah; simply the ones that appeal to me the most.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

For all of the ROM's trilogies flaws, it easily gave me my favorite version of Ghidorah to date. His design is gorgeous yet actually pretty scary, he has a super unique moveset when it comes to kaiju, and he is in no way a pushover like other incarnations of Ghidorah have been.. looking at you Showa and Heisei.

Second in line would be Shin Ghidorah. Again, design and powersets are great.. just wish he didn't die so fast and we got to see more of him.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

In terms of plot, Monsterverse Ghidorah for the same reasons godjacob has already said. But, I will admit that he is too wimpy in a fight.

Now, in terms of literally everything else, Shin Ghidorah is perfect.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:48 am In terms of plot, Monsterverse Ghidorah for the same reasons godjacob has already said. But, I will admit that he is too wimpy in a fight.

-Nearly kills Godzilla, with a nuclear super boost, twice in the same fight.

-Too "wimpy"

Huh?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

godjacob wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:12 am
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:48 am In terms of plot, Monsterverse Ghidorah for the same reasons godjacob has already said. But, I will admit that he is too wimpy in a fight.

-Too "wimpy"

Huh?
Ten bucks it's because of the underwater fight.

This... is another hard one. Showa has the best cackle and sheer iconicness, but is held down by ultimately being a pushover and usually being under mind control. Heisei has my favorite design and the best melee fight of the Heisei series (for what that's worth), and receives bonus points for MKG being visually amazing, but his origin sucks. Monsterverse delivers all the goods in terms of power, personality, and origin, but abuses the slithering thing a bit too much and lacks major destruction scenes.

*shrug* When in doubt, always default to Showa.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

JAGzilla wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:02 am

-Too "wimpy"

Huh?

This... is another hard one. Showa has the best cackle and sheer iconicness, but is held down by ultimately being a pushover and usually being under mind control. Heisei has my favorite design and the best melee fight of the Heisei series (for what that's worth), and receives bonus points for MKG being visually amazing, but his origin sucks. Monsterverse delivers all the goods in terms of power, personality, and origin, but abuses the slithering thing a bit too much and lacks major destruction scenes.

*shrug* When in doubt, always default to Showa.
Ah yes, because being ambushed and dragged underwater by an Alpha aquodic predator as a land/sky creature and having a struggle naturally means one is a total chump.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

-Too "wimpy"

Huh?
He gets whooped in Antartica, too.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:22 am

-Too "wimpy"

Huh?
Admins, when are we going to get that eye twitching emoji? Or the projectile vomiting one; either way works.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

GHIDORAH DESIGN BRACKET CHALLENGE LEGOOO

Voted for GKG.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Sat May 08, 2021 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Damn it's Showa v MV in here too.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

shadowgigan wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:33 am GHIDORAH DESIGN BRACKET CHALLENGE LEGOOO

Voted for GKG.
Is Shin in the bracket?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

It was between GKG and MV. Honestly my vote could have went either way. Both are fantastic designs. Id probably vote MV if it had GKGs head designs.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:22 am

-Too "wimpy"

Huh?
Did you actually watch that fight? Ghidorah, fresh from being frozen mind you, hands Godzilla his ass dropping him in a pit and downing him multiple times. It isn't until the Super jet and its support blast at Ghidorah decides to go and gather up his storm.

Added in 1 hour 53 minutes 2 seconds:
shadowgigan wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:33 am GHIDORAH DESIGN BRACKET CHALLENGE LEGOOO

Voted for GKG.
Is this a design bracket? I thought it was an overall character bracket? :eh:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Every Ghidorah in this bracket minus the MV, GMK and the ROM ones were under mind control, so that means their wills weren't strong enough and therefore that's an automatic L.

To be an intergalactic villain you have to eat planets and shit black thunder clouds, guess who does that? Not GMK and not ROM gang (although its been ten years since I watched ROM3)

And I didn't even know there WAS a Reiwa Ghidorah
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Sat May 08, 2021 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira