Best And Worst Official Kaiju Redesigns

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
goji89
Sazer

Re: Best And Worst Official Kaiju Redesigns

Post by goji89 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:11 pm SP Kumonga. Don't like it. It shares basically nothing in common with Kumonga except for the stripes. Thing doesn't even look that much like a spider. I would've much preferred if they made it a new monster like how its nestmates are.
God, I hate the SP designs so much and this is a good example of that. It's an amalgamated to high Hell, if you can even call it that. I see nothing that resembles Kumonga in that design whatsoever.
Last edited by goji89 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

goji89 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:57 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:11 pm SP Kumonga. Don't like it. It shares basically nothing in common with Kumonga except for the stripes. Thing doesn't even look that much like a spider. I would've much preferred if they made it a new monster like how its nestmates are.
God, I hate the SP designs so much and this is a good example of that. It's an amalgamated to high Hell, if you can even call it that. I see nothing that resembles Kumonga in that design whatsoever.
Hey the Jet Jaguar and totally not Gabara designs are good!
Resized Image
You want S.T.A.R.S? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S!
7 minutes. 7 minutes is all I can spare to play with you

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

MogeGoji1994 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:46 pm
goji89 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:57 pm
Hey the Jet Jaguar and totally not Gabara designs are good!
JJ is just a Mechanized mothafucking Danny Devito and Gabara is just a Gremlin with a horn and confused as to what the fuck it actually is and looks like it's questioning his existence.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

I do enjoy SP's Manda. I like the mix of draconic and marine life features blended together.

Some more good ones I can think of...

- MV Godzilla
- MV Rodan
- SP Anguirus
- MV King Ghidorah
- Shin Ultraman Neronga
- Shin Ultraman Gabora

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

initially, I disliked almost all of the new designs in Godzilla: Singular Point. But now, having seen the show, I like them all, and SP is one of my top 10 favourite pieces of Godzilla media!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Kiryu. While not topping Showa it’s the best design since.
For Emperor and Empire!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Damn we haven’t talk in this thread in a while, So it’s my time to revive it

Hesisi Gyaos
https://wikizilla.org/w/images/thumb/f/ ... _Gyaos.png
What can I say it looks amazing and Menacing at the same time without sacrificing what made Gyaos… well Gyaos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Why does this series feel the need to merge pre-existing kaiju with others, while making them only come across as one of each?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

GMK Mothra looks off. SOS Mothra on the other hand…
For Emperor and Empire!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:15 pm
https://wikizilla.org/w/images/thumb/7/ ... nga_01.png
Why does this series feel the need to merge pre-existing kaiju with others, while making them only come across as one of each?
Good question

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:17 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:15 pm
https://wikizilla.org/w/images/thumb/7/ ... nga_01.png
Good question
I would buy it if it was the result of some interdimensional fusion.

MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

Voyager wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:13 pm GMK Mothra looks off. SOS Mothra on the other hand…
I stand by my belief that SOS Mothra is the best she has ever looked.

And since you mentioned GMK, I feel that every monster design in that movie aside from Baragon isn't really that good. The GMK Godzilla design just doesn't do it for me. Ghidorah is too wimpy for me (I understand that was what they were going for, but its still not something I care for), and Mothra just feels way too toy-like
Resized Image
You want S.T.A.R.S? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S!
7 minutes. 7 minutes is all I can spare to play with you

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Yongary
https://wikizilla.org/w/images/4/4e/Yon ... _tanks.jpg
I do like the original design from this picture alone, the Kaiju manage to look unique without being ridiculous.
http://41.media.tumblr.com/04435a2e7520 ... 7_1280.png
this redesign actually look decent at least from the model, really wish that it was reflected with the movie CGI

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Showa Anguirus is a real downgrade from GRA’s Angy.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Voyager wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:27 pm Showa Anguirus is a real downgrade from GRA’s Angy.
Gonna have to agree here. As iconic as the 1968 suit is, he's way too puppydog-ish for me. Being an adorable scrungly is and always has been Baragon's job.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Singular point had its first anniversary yesterday so I figure I should drop a controversial Best from it here...

Rodan's second form looks great and it works perfectly for this new role they take in the story.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:54 pm Singular point had its first anniversary yesterday so I figure I should drop a controversial Best from it here...

Rodan's second form looks great and it works perfectly for this new role they take in the story.
“Rodan”
What a lovely picture of a Pterosaur :lol:

Added in 14 minutes 26 seconds:
All right let’s be real here as much I don’t need like some SP redesign, they have done a much better job than what the anime trilogy provided. Like seriously who looked at this and said Yep that’s MechaGodzilla. The only things that resemble themselves is the creatures from the flashbacks and Godzilla himself which is basically legendary Godzilla that is painted bluish green and grass texture.
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Mechagodzilla from RPO is so bland and meh, it gives me no feeling. It just feels so "modern movie".
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Voyager wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:26 pm Mechagodzilla from RPO is so bland and meh, it gives me no feeling. It just feels so "modern movie".
Those are fighting words, buddy.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:28 pm
Voyager wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:26 pm Mechagodzilla from RPO is so bland and meh, it gives me no feeling. It just feels so "modern movie".
Those are fighting words, buddy.
KiryuGoji is just watered down MireGoji.
For Emperor and Empire!