Godzilla Design Bracket Challenge [Winner: Godzilla 1954]

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
goji89
Sazer

Re: Godzilla Design Bracket Challenge [Final Match][1954 vs 1989] [Poll Ends Tomorrow 1 PM EST]

Post by goji89 »

7 votes down

All I want is one more to make it fifteen.

Lol

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla Design Bracket Challenge [Final Match][1954 vs 1989] [Poll Ends Tomorrow 1 PM EST]

Post by tbeasley »

"I just want to find 11,780 votes." - Trump goji89
Last edited by tbeasley on Sat May 08, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Showa bias and shodai bootlicking have gone to such an extreme that shodai is gonna win against Bio

Never change, TK
Last edited by Jermobooka on Sat May 08, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

tbeasley wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:04 pm "I just want to find 11,780 votes votes." - Trump goji89
I wish I was Trump :lol:

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Hard to tell who's memeing and who's being serious, but...

How many times must it be said that bias ≠ preference?

If anything, the results of this tournament should show that the perceived "Showa bias" isn't as pervasive as some of you guys claim. The final four consisted of the original Godzilla, two immensely popular Heisei designs, and the recent Hollywood design that a lot of fans love. Except for the final, ShodaiGoji's margin of victory in all matches was within four votes. Perhaps partly because of the seeding, there were only two Showa designs in the round of eight; three of the four (!) Millennium suits participated in the same round.

If you want to keep leveling accusations of Showa bias then please back them up with evidence of it.
Last edited by Terasawa on Sat May 08, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Ah, in this poll I am conflicted. On one hand the design that beat Godzilla 2000 will lose, on the other hand the design that beat Godzilla 2000 will lose

Though I voted for 89, regardless of where this poll goes I win this day

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Damn Showa shills

Wouldn't know a great design if it wore a thong and gave them a lap dance on the face.

Lol.
Last edited by goji89 on Sat May 08, 2021 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Sad part is the suit that beat 2019/21 Godzilla is gonna win, on the other hand 2019/21 Goji lost (Currently) by less votes than Bio Goji so if this holds we can claim a moral second place.
Last edited by godjacob on Sat May 08, 2021 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Terasawa wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:34 pm Hard to tell who's memeing and who's being serious, but...

If anything, the results of this tournament should show that the perceived "Showa bias" isn't as pervasive as some of you guys claim. The final four consisted of the original Godzilla, two immensely popular Heisei designs, and the recent Hollywood design that a lot of fans love. Except for the final, ShodaiGoji's margin of victory in all matches was within four votes. Perhaps partly because of the seeding, there were only two Showa designs in the round of eight; three of the four (!) Millennium suits participated in the same round.

If you want to keep leveling accusations of Showa bias then please back them up with evidence of it.
^ This is true

Also, hi Terasawa, thought you were dead!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

14 votes aint bad.

I honestly thought we'd loose 20 to 5 or something lol.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Terasawa wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:34 pm Hard to tell who's memeing and who's being serious, but...

I completely agree with this post. Perhaps I underseeded MosuGoji, which is why we didn't see two Showa suits in the Final Four. I'd also point out that Godzilla 1968 only beat the 2004 by one vote. 1968 is one of the more popular Showa designs, while 2004 is clearly the least popular Millenium suit. I thought Millenium did great. Beating Shin and getting 3/8 is a big feat. But apparently millenium fans don't see it as a victory. They were also two votes away from beating Desu if I recall.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Showa/Shodai being voted for at all in the first place is proof of inherent bias already

i’m, of course, memeing. Not so sure about certain other users though :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Jermobooka wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:56 pm

Showa/Shodai being voted for at all in the first place is proof of inherent bias already

i’m, of course, memeing. Not so sure about certain other users though :lol:
Lol this is one of those things you could debate endlessly, I think. And I'm sure it's going to put a target on Shodai's back for the next one.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I don't think "having a target on its back" is gonna mean much. Shodai will probably win a second poll here, I don't predict much will change unless someone just gathers some off site friends to mass vote their fav in prep for that one lol

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

godjacob wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:05 pm I don't think "having a target on its back" is gonna mean much. Shodai will probably win a second poll here, I don't predict much will change unless someone just gathers some off site friends to mass vote their fav in prep for that one lol
You're probably right about the "target" thing, but I still don't think Shodai's win would be assured next year. For example, even a handful of new members would be enough to change the results, especially if a good number of them are hardcore MonterVerse fans or something.

Added in 2 minutes 26 seconds:
But then again, I though this would be much closer.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Gigantis wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:49 pm Also, hi Terasawa, thought you were dead!
Not quite as dead as BioGoji in the tourney, at least.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Jermobooka wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:16 pm Showa bias and shodai bootlicking have gone to such an extreme that shodai is gonna win against Bio

Never change, TK

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

5 point not bad not bad. 17 to 22 aint bad at all. We gained 3 votes.

What I find weird is that whenever biogoji gains shodai gains never letting it to catch up.

I just find it very weird but oh well thats the voting system.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

goji89 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:39 pm 5 point not bad not bad. 17 to 22 aint bad at all. We gained 3 votes.

What I find weird is that whenever biogoji gains shodai gains never letting it to catch up.

Felt the same with G14 and G21
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

goji89 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:39 pm 5 point not bad not bad. 17 to 22 aint bad at all. We gained 3 votes.

We just have to hope 5-8 Heisei fans check the board before 1:00 tomorrow.

It's weird because Bio has basically slaughtered every opponent until now while Shodai has had to fight and come from behind. Except this round and the last one its held some pretty comfortable leads.

YEASSSS 19-22 LETS GO. BETTER REMOVE THAT TROPHY FROM YOUR SIG KK42.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Sat May 08, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.