Favorite beam/charge-up effects?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Favorite beam/charge-up effects?

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Burning Godzilla’s, especially once he starts melting down. The way his entire body flashes makes it feel so much more potent. Pretty much all of the Millenium Atomic Rays, especially G2000. Godzilla Earth’s charge-up is one I rather appreciate, same with his beam. SP Godzilla for sure, easily high up there.

If we’re not solely talking Godzilla, I love MV Ghidorah’s gravity beams. The glow of his necks looks so damn cool, and the beams themselves just feel intense. Kiryu’s maser cannon looks pretty sick. Battra’s Prism Bolts are badass as hell, in both his forms.

Also, Legion. Yeah she’s not a Godzilla kaiju, but holy crap her beam is amazing.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Speaking of Legion, I prefer the whips. You have multiple red whips all lashing at once and spearing Gamera like a pin cushion. That's a deadly weapon.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

GMK’s Atomic Breath is my personal fave, along with the MonsterVerse and Godzilla Earth. Early Showa-Era breath had a cool melting effect, which I found badass.

Mothra’s God Rays in the MonsterVerse was amazing as well.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I mean it's hard to top Shin Godzilla's initial beam for pure spectacle.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Don't necessarily have a favorite or least favorite (they're all cool) but I do find it interesting how the slower charge of G2K has become a staple of the character since its introduction. I also wouldn't mind more thin beams like Shin and AniGoji.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I’m gonna include MV Godzilla, I love the sound effects and how he charge up his atomic breath, The first time he use it in Godzilla (2014) everyone went nuts, the built up was done so good

I’m also gonna including MV King Ghidorah, The ways the sound effects was done and his necks and eyes glow make him more intimidating in the film, we haven’t seen Ghidorah charge up his gravity beam and I think it’s was done perfectly in KotM

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Godzilla 2000's charge up effect has always been one of my favorites if not my number 1 favorite

It has a brilliant sense of energy, heat, and power

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

ROMG4 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:14 am Godzilla 2000's charge up effect has always been one of my favorites if not my number 1 favorite

It has a brilliant sense of energy, heat, and power
This. Very much this. While not being my absolute favorite (MV Goji takes the cake easily), i love everything about MireGoji. From the design to the atomic breath, and how he has a more reptilian appearance. Oh, and changing the color from blue to orange for the atomic breath was a badass update.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I love how he whips his head before blasting.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I'm going to have to agree recent posters about Godzilla 2000. I still remember seeing that new atomic breath as a kid for the first time, after only having exposure to the Showa movies. What a memorable experience.

He was my favorite Godzilla as a while, and that atomic breath/charge effect played a huge part in that.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The charge up was especially spectacular at the end of the fight, when Orga's eyes grew wide as it realized it had bitten off more than it could swallow.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

OrnithopodaistheBest
GPN Volunteer

Post by OrnithopodaistheBest »

Mine would be a toss-up between MVerse, '99/2000, GMK, Shin, and Singular Point GZillas.

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

Mine is a toss up as well, between Kiryu Godzilla, Final Wars Godzilla, MonsterVerse Godzilla, and Singular Point Godzilla.