"Little things" in Godzilla films you wonder about

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Re: "Little things" in Godzilla films you wonder about

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

godjacob wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:00 pm Why the hell Mechagodzilla in the anime canon didn't activate when Godzilla originally attacked the construction site? I presume it had something to do with the advanced AI making the decision but it bugged me we never found out why it refused to activate.
According to Wikizilla, the novelization of Godzilla: The Planet Eater points out that the Exif may have secretly sabotaged Mechagodzilla. If that was the case, then it would make sense since the Exif wanted mankind to be so desperate into getting rid of Godzilla that they would summon Ghidorah.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I wonder if the royal family of Okinawa has any Venusian blood. Nami's vision was probably just a way to get things rolling, but if one royal family has alien ancestors, why not another?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

Legendary Minya wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:48 pm
godjacob wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:32 am GODZILLA: FINAL WARS
Did Gordon actually believe he was capable of trapping Godzilla a second time once the Xiliens had been defeated, or was he trying merely to raise morale of the crew on this desperation plan? Gordon more than anyone should know the only reason they "beat" Godzilla the first time was a fluke earthquake that sent Godzilla to a pit leaving him vulnerable to be buried in the first place.
Honestly, I don't think anyone involved with Final Wars X MOVIE even put that much thought into the film.
Heh, you really just answered all your questions. :lol:

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

GODZILLA VS. SPACEGODZILLA
The blood coagulator bullet Yuki had talked up on Birth Island, could it actually have worked if he used it on Godzilla?

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

godjacob wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:00 am GODZILLA VS. SPACEGODZILLA
The blood coagulator bullet Yuki had talked up on Birth Island, could it actually have worked if he used it on Godzilla?
One fan theory presented in an issue of G-Fan suggested that while it didn't kill him, the physiological effect of the coagulant might have contributed to Godzilla's accumulation of nuclear material leading to his Burning Phase in the next film.

GODZILLA'S REVENGE

I probably mentioned this one before, but is Gabara an actual Japanese given name?

Ichiro: Give me my vacuum tube back, Gabara!
Bully: What the hell are you talking about, Ichiro? My name is Fumio! We've been through this before!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

H-Man wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:31 pm I probably mentioned this one before, but is Gabara an actual Japanese given name?

Ichiro: Give me my vacuum tube back, Gabara!
Bully: What the hell are you talking about, Ichiro? My name is Fumio! We've been through this before!
From Janus' subtitles:

Minami: Gabara? Never heard of that monster.
Ichiro: I mean Sanko, the bully.
Minami: That brat is called Gabara?

At least from that translation, it's unclear if Gabara is a given name or nickname. "Gabara" is definitely not a real Japanese name, but that doesn't have to be true for the world of Godzilla's Revenge. :P But that said, I think it's probably safe to say that's just his nickname.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

m0nster01
Samurai

Post by m0nster01 »

I'm watching Godzilla 2000 right now. And during the scene where the Shinodas go to rescue Yuki, the screen on her laptop seems to be showing some nsfw images.

Where the aliens examining nude humans or is my mind tricking me?

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

m0nster01 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:28 pm I'm watching Godzilla 2000 right now. And during the scene where the Shinodas go to rescue Yuki, the screen on her laptop seems to be showing some nsfw images.

Where the aliens examining nude humans or is my mind tricking me?
Well the aliens may have just wanted to get all the info they could. I doubt they'd know the context behind it upon scanning Earth's data.

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

H-Man wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:31 pm
One fan theory presented in an issue of G-Fan suggested that while it didn't kill him, the physiological effect of the coagulant might have contributed to Godzilla's accumulation of nuclear material leading to his Burning Phase in the next film.
I don't remember him actually being shot, though. Also, if this were a better written movie they would have used the coagulant on Spacegodzilla. If you introduce a bullet in the first act of a movie...

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Malchik wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:47 pm
H-Man wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:31 pm
I don't remember him actually being shot, though. Also, if this were a better written movie they would have used the coagulant on Spacegodzilla. If you introduce a bullet in the first act of a movie...
Problems with the narrative structure of Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla?! Who'd've thunk it???
Last edited by eabaker on Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Malchik wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:47 pm I don't remember him actually being shot, though.
IIRC, Yuki fires at Godzilla but misses.

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

I had to go read the plot of the film to remind myself if Godzilla or Spacegodzilla was actually shot by the bullet. I may have watched this move three times in my life as it is so boring to sit through.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

UltramanGoji wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:01 pm
Malchik wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:47 pm I don't remember him actually being shot, though.
The idea was to hit him in the heart. I think Yuki hits him in the claw.

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

H-Man wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:27 am
UltramanGoji wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:01 pm
The idea was to hit him in the heart. I think Yuki hits him in the claw.
It was actually to hit in in the armpit.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

According to Yuki, it was his most vulnerable spot.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Never got a payoff to that, but damnded if we didn't need to see Yuki's bare ass in the shower!

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

Legendary Minya wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:14 pm Never got a payoff to that, but damnded if we didn't need to see Yuki's bare ass in the shower!
His penis was probably also very exceptional.
Last edited by Malchik on Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

INVASION OF THE ASTRO MONSTER
-Why wasn't Mothra a target of the Planet X people? The reason they desired Rodan & Godzilla was cause they saw their power was enough to repel Ghidorah but Mothra was also part of that battle. Not as if Showa Mothra is immune to mind control as Destroy All Monsters showed.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

What's the perception of dinosaurs in the Godzillaverse? With the most famous dinosaurs and pterosaurs all being the tail-dragging, scaly creatures the films' public knows, are feathered dinosaurs as well known?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

godjacob wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:53 pm INVASION OF THE ASTRO MONSTER
-Why wasn't Mothra a target of the Planet X people? The reason they desired Rodan & Godzilla was cause they saw their power was enough to repel Ghidorah but Mothra was also part of that battle. Not as if Showa Mothra is immune to mind control as Destroy All Monsters showed.
Mothra was a caterpillar when it fought KG, and it's possible that Mothra hadn't turned into its imago stage yet. The aliens felt that Mothra was not a threat to KG, and that Godzilla and Rodan were more powerful as weapons. That's my theory.