"Little things" in Godzilla films you wonder about

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: "Little things" in Godzilla films you wonder about

Post by edgaguirus »

I'm curious if the people living in these movies have to buy kaiju insurance. Do those living near the coast have it just in case Godzilla or some other beast wrecks their home or business?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Why… is it always Japan!?

Yes, I get it, these movies are made in Japan by a Japanese studio, but in universe, most of the time it doesn’t make sense why it’s always Japan, does it?
For Emperor and Empire!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Voyager wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:07 pm Why… is it always Japan!?

Yes, I get it, these movies are made in Japan by a Japanese studio, but in universe, most of the time it doesn’t make sense why it’s always Japan, does it?
Pretty sure someone asks this question in one of the Millennium films, so they are least aware of this factor.

Funny enough I expected the MV movies to be all America all the time, but it was far more global than I expected it to be.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Voyager wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:07 pm Why… is it always Japan!?

If I had to give it any thought, I'd assume it was just a territory thing. Attraction to the lights and sounds of the local county which would be Japan.

But ultimately, you really answered your own question. It's just the production.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Voyager wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:07 pmin universe, most of the time it doesn’t make sense why it’s always Japan, does it?
Sure it does: For the most part, we're only seeing the in-universe stories set in and around Japan. And for all we know, other nations are similarly ravaged by other monsters. This is borne out by films as disparate as Monster Zero (we're told Ghidorah appeared in the U.S.), King Kong Escapes (where all monster action in the first two acts occurs outside Japan), Godzilla vs Mothra (Infant Island is near Indonesia), Gamera 3 (Gyaos attack aircraft somewhere over central Eurasia), and others.

Although that may not be the most satisfying answer, it doesn't really have to be any more complicated than that.

godjacob wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:32 am Why they made up two different islands for King Kong to live on in the Showa Series.
I don't know this for fact, but I suspect Kong's island origin in KKE was dictated by Rankin/Bass. They produced The King Kong Show, which set Kong's home as Mondo Island. They also rejected the Kong, Ebirah, Mothra scenario from the year before, purportedly because it was too-far removed from their series. Although KKE as-released is a fairly loose adaptation of the cartoon series, it does carry over a number of the show's most notable inventions, including Mondo Island.
Last edited by Terasawa on Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

After reminding myself of those old, weird M.U.T.O Gigan and Rodan pictures Dopepope made all the way back, i started to wonder: did any of those eggs the Female M.U.T.O survive? I mean, yeah, most of them are totally incinerated; but Aftershock said there was enough to them that they could've overrun the entire world if they grew up. Could the explosion have really gotten all of them?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:47 pm After reminding myself of those old, weird M.U.T.O Gigan and Rodan pictures Dopepope made all the way back, i started to wonder: did any of those eggs the Female M.U.T.O survive? I mean, yeah, most of them are totally incinerated; but Aftershock said there was enough to them that they could've overrun the entire world if they grew up. Could the explosion have really gotten all of them?
It does seem likely they all died, even if the explosion didn't get them all the Nuke was taken away so they could have easily starved. Even if they somehow survived after all that I have a feeling Monarch and the military would have secured the nest site after FeMuto was killed, negating any danger. I doubt they were in any capacity to be hatched after only a day of being layed

Unless they did a 98, but as they were all linked to nuke it does seem unlikely
Last edited by ROMG4 on Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

If Godzilla and Rodan continued to fight uninterrupted in Ghidorah, who would have won in the end?
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

TyrantGojira wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:53 am If Godzilla and Rodan continued to fight uninterrupted in Ghidorah, who would have won in the end?
Rodan. I'm totally giving it to Rodan.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

TyrantGojira wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:53 am If Godzilla and Rodan continued to fight uninterrupted in Ghidorah, who would have won in the end?
Rodan is a tough sucker but I had Godzilla eventually edging him out. Just more ways to damage Rodan vs. Rodan's ways to damage him.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

godjacob wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:18 pm
Rodan is a tough sucker but I had Godzilla eventually edging him out. Just more ways to damage Rodan vs. Rodan's ways to damage him.
Come again? Godzilla barely did anything to Rodan. Rodan even took the atomic breath to the face and practically laughed it off. Meanwhile, Rodan also slammed Godzilla to the ground, lifted him into the air and dropped him hundreds of feet and pecked the bejesus out of his head.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m0nster01
Samurai

Post by m0nster01 »

What happened to Hesiei King Ghidorah's Middle head?

Big G hurls him to the ground then severs the middle head and neck. There's a spray of blood and dust(?), the mothership returns, Godzilla destroys it, then KG tries to escape before crashing into the Bering Sea.

So, where did the severed head go?

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:33 pm
godjacob wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:18 pm
Come again? Godzilla barely did anything to Rodan. Rodan even took the atomic breath to the face and practically laughed it off. Meanwhile, Rodan also slammed Godzilla to the ground, lifted him into the air and dropped him hundreds of feet and pecked the bejesus out of his head.
Which was overall just as ineffectual to Godzilla as Godzilla's strikes were to Rodan. Godzilla also was picking Rodan up and slamming him around the rocks as if he were a ragdoll. Eventually I just see Godzilla and Rodan wearing each other down but Godzilla having more options to deal a decisive blow.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

m0nster01 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:07 pm What happened to Hesiei King Ghidorah's Middle head?

Big G hurls him to the ground then severs the middle head and neck. There's a spray of blood and dust(?), the mothership returns, Godzilla destroys it, then KG tries to escape before crashing into the Bering Sea.

We never do see where the head landed after being blasted off. I suppose the Japanese could have recovered it for study, but we only see them examining MKG's body later.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Why Cyber-Godzilla is an entirely different skin color than his son, and himself prior to his enhancements.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

godjacob wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:53 pm Why Cyber-Godzilla is an entirely different skin color than his son, and himself prior to his enhancements.
I always thought it as just to show that his skin was decaying ever since the 98 movie and the roboti parts were the only thing making him not look like a full on zombie.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Yeah G98 would have been dead for around a year by that point, he’d definitely be rotting away even with the government preserving his body. Cyber-Godzilla probably smelled awful
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

edgaguirus wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:22 pm
m0nster01 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:07 pm What happened to Hesiei King Ghidorah's Middle head?

We never do see where the head landed after being blasted off. I suppose the Japanese could have recovered it for study, but we only see them examining MKG's body later.
Actually, the only part of Mecha-King Ghidorah that was saved was his mechanical middle head; we never see the rest of his carcass.

It was this head that was studied and inspired the creation of both Mechagodzilla and the Garuda.
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

m0nster01
Samurai

Post by m0nster01 »

Huh, well Japan capturing the decapitated head and harvesting the biological parts of Mecha King Ghidorah could have been a great lead in for BioGodzilla or that initial draft of Rebirth of Mothra.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

mikelcho wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:22 am
edgaguirus wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:22 pm

Actually, the only part of Mecha-King Ghidorah that was saved was his mechanical middle head; we never see the rest of his carcass.

It was this head that was studied and inspired the creation of both Mechagodzilla and the Garuda.
Garuda came before they salvaged MKG.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns