Popular Suits/Designs that you don't like

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
UltramanGoji

Re: Popular Suits/Designs that you don't like

Post by UltramanGoji »

Interesting! I definitely think that was a pretty poor decision. The ferocity of the earlier Kitagawa Godzilla performances really gave those early Millennium films a unique touch.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

mire goji. Its not that I don't like it, I just like the kiryu design better for the same general aesthetic. I think the purple spines is a little too ninties, like how all the superhero comic book characters are covered in spikes in the 90s.
He Jock it Made of Steel

villainzilla
Yojimbo

Post by villainzilla »

honestly my least favorite godzilla design is the only of the showa era that people love(with the exception of 64 design) and that is the 62 design,holy hell,that design is fine on the sides but when the 62 godzilla is facing towards the camera it is horrendous

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Some of my favorite shots of '62 Godzilla have him facing toward the camera. :shrug: The scene where he's wading through the ocean toward the military base, for example, and when he's going through the countryside before the train attack.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

For a long time, the popular Godzilla suit I really did not like was the MosuGoji, but my appreciation for the suit has been growing over the past year or two after I realized that the suit from GTTHM (one of my top 5 favorite Godzilla movies) was more or less an altered version of this suit. Getting the NECA figure of this design has also helped me to warm up to MosuGoji as well as it is my favorite NECA Godzilla figure.

Besides Mosugoji, a popular Godzilla suit that I do not like is the MegaroGoji from the last three Showa films. I liked it more as a kid but no I find that it makes Godzilla seem too cartoony. The face in particular gets me, which reminds me of a bulldog.
Last edited by GodzillaXGomoraFight on Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

merio
GPN Volunteer

Post by merio »

Honestly I hate the KingGoji suit as it's way too reptilian for me.

I also dislike the Heisei Goji design, I don't know why. I mean it definitely looks good but something about it kinda puts me off from saying it's one that I like, I think it may be the head. I dunno.

Oh yeah and I hate the 2nd Generation Rodan suit.
he/him 17

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I’m not a big fan of the late Showa Godzilla suits from 1967 to 1975. I have a weird soft spot for the 65/66 suit though that I can’t really explain.

Mechagodzilla 74 is fine, and I do like it, so it may not fit here well; but I prefer the 75 version.

Never liked Spacegodzilla’s design. The fact that they just ripped off Super Godzilla is ridiculously lazy.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Mothra 1992 looks oddly plastic-y both in fur and flying. It really doesn't work, which stinks because when she looks right, she's a wonderful design.

Honestly, the "detailed but doesn't move right" works for like all of the Heisei designs

RIP Evan.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Gonna bump this for new users.

Most MV designs. Godzilla and Ghidorah the most. Ghidorah really needed some Eastern features and comes off to me as another generic dragon. DougheGoji just looks a bit too muscular. I’ve always like the Mothra and Kong, and I’m just starting to warm up to Rodan. Also not a fan of Behemoth.

FinalGoji. Those who know me know I despise Ratzilla.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

• KingGoji
  • SoshingekiGoji (it's not bad but definitely not my type)
  • Post-84 Heisei Godzilla
  • Heisei King Ghidorah
  • Heisei Mothra
  • Heisei Rodan and Mechagodzilla (they must burn in hell)
  • Destoroyah
  • 2004 Anguirus
  • Millennium King Caesar
  • Final Wars Gigan
  • Monsterverse Ghidorah

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I don’t really care for the most of Showa designs expect for 54

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Don’t really like ShodaiGoji all that much. Sure, he’s the outline for all future Godzilla designs...but it’s so basic and middle-of-the-road. Everything about Shodai’s design is done exactly the same or better in later ones
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

MV Mechagodzilla. Too Bayformers-y and severely lacking a crest.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

SpaceGodzilla. I kind of wish it wasn’t so bulky. A slimmer version could work well.
For Emperor and Empire!