Wikizilla vs. Gojipedia

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Re: Wikizilla vs. Gojipedia

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I prefer Wikizilla because it has so much more things other than Godzilla. Also, I believe that Wikizilla is more credible than Gojipedia.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Had talks with Wikizilla admins about trying to expand Wikizilla to cover more material with a small number of folks. All of us were game to personally handle new additions from obscure kaiju from around the world, in television, film and anime.

They are so backwards and poorly run that it isn't even funny. The chat between us and them went nowhere. From trying to get them to allow more 1950's B&W monsters to them trying to get one of us to cover Godzilla: Singular Point after repeatedly telling them that wasn't what the endgame was. Never joined and after that brief interaction, never will.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

From my experience, I think both sites are quite useful and easy to navigate, the main difference is Gojipedia tends to have more info and more topics covered but Wikizilla tends to be more detailed in what they cover. Still think both are quite handy.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Wikizilla has those sweet png files. Very useful for making graphics.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

I prefer Wikizilla, been using it for easily more than a decade now (before the split). I find the layout/aesthetic more pleasing, and the information to be more well-researched and cited (especially for monster statistics).
Formerly known as kurtzilla

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Wikizilla by far. Better presentation, better knowledge, just an overall more organized wiki. It's almost as good as TFwiki.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I think I got them confused for the longest time, but Wikizilla has really proven itself to be the one stop shop of Godzilla sites. It's on top of Godzilla/monster news faster and better than most other sites (sorry TK). It doesn't even bother me they cover stuff beyond Godzilla/Toho anymore (I don't know why it did in the first place, again I think I kept getting it confused with Gojipedia).

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Best part of Wikizilla is that its not a garbage Fandom site.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Wikizilla is genuinely great. Hopefully one day I can narrate one of their videos :P
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GoldenGoat2000
Yojimbo

Post by GoldenGoat2000 »

Hey there
I'm actually pretty active on Gojipedia, and it did used to kinda suck. But we got a lot more admins and Moderators now who are actually active. It's been getting better. Forums aren't nearly as active as others, but it's a nice enough community over there.
And info wise, Wikizilla and Gojipedia are the same. Since Gojipedia is just the old Wikizilla, the articles are pretty much the same.

granted, there are still has kids spewing nonsense. But there are a lot less of them
Last edited by GoldenGoat2000 on Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

The articles aren't pretty much the same though. The Wikizilla articles are much better sourced.

GoldenGoat2000
Yojimbo

Post by GoldenGoat2000 »

Compare the two, really really similar. Wikizilla just gets more consistent updates to their sources.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Well, that would make them the better sourced wiki wouldn't it? They remove a lot of fluff and stick to what's sourced, and stay away from speculation.

GoldenGoat2000
Yojimbo

Post by GoldenGoat2000 »

StardustGenius wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:51 am Well, that would make them the better sourced wiki wouldn't it? They remove a lot of fluff and stick to what's sourced, and stay away from speculation.
I'm not gonna argue against them having better sources. Cause Wikizilla does. But they still have basically the same information, which is what I've been trying to say.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Wikizilla is definitely more update and has more triva from what I have observed. Gojipedia is.much better than it used to be.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image