Kaiju Headcanon Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Kaiju Headcanon Thread

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

UltimateDitto wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:24 pm
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:48 pm Destoroyah could have continued taking on larger and more terrifying forms
Minilla: Oh yeah that's the stuff.
Bad, no. We don’t darken the light of day by mentioning that aberration of fanfic.

Added in 3 minutes 15 seconds:
I also realize I’ve contradicted myself by going “Anime Ghidorah is the progenitor of all the Ghidorahs” and “Showa Ghidorah was a Garoga”, but uh… maybe the Garoga communed with Void Ghidorah? They have fucking alternate dimensions where they just store weapons, and their planet is literally made of evil, them communing with a void god of oblivion wouldn’t be too outlandish.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:36 pmI also realize I’ve contradicted myself by going “Anime Ghidorah is the progenitor of all the Ghidorahs” and “Showa Ghidorah was a Garoga”, but uh… maybe the Garoga communed with Void Ghidorah? They have skreeonking alternate dimensions where they just store weapons, and their planet is literally made of evil, them communing with a void god of oblivion wouldn’t be too outlandish.
The Garoga who became Showa Ghidorah is a demigod conceived by Anime Ghidorah and Lord Blundergosh. :KingGhidorah64:
+
=
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Godzilla is, in multiple continuities and even the Heisei continuity, is genuinely supernatural; just one that can be partially quantified with science. Godzilla is, essentially a kami of destruction. In ancient times, 'destructive' force would be things like fire or lightning; but in modern times atomic bombs and nuclear power took that image. If something is going to represent devastation in the 1950s-1990s, why wouldn't it be heralded by an atomic bomb or nuclear weapons? This is why the Godzillasaurus miraculously survived the radiation for no explicable reason, just like many kami or yokai were once mundane animals or people until acted upon by the supernatural.

Essentially think of it like this. If Zeus had the power of lightning, and upon throwing a thunderbolt a scientific instrument registered it as an actual thunderbolt; does that make Zeus any less supernatural? Same with Godzilla and the radiation. The radioactivity is just what can be quantified about something beyond normal life now. Now I wouldn't use the term 'god' here as kami aren't exactly what a Westerner would apply that term too, but the idea that Godzilla is some sort of physical incarnation of destruction as a sort of sapient archetype of that concept actually lines up pretty well with certain incarnations.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Showa Ghidorah is to Void Ghidorah what Filius is to Earth.
For Emperor and Empire!

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

Iris is actually the alpha member of the Gyaos species.

Showa King Ghidorah was once an alpha ruler of his species, however he was defeated by an even more powerful King Ghidorah, which is why he’s destroying planets, driven by rage and also enjoyment of letting out his anger.

2nd Gen King Ghidorah was made with DNA from 1st Gen King Ghidorah.

Shin Godzilla is the last surviving member of it's species.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

The Destoroyah swarm is entirely female most of the time, in order to maximize rapid asexual reproduction. Males may not even exist in the species due to their canonical ability to assimilate the DNA of prey.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:36 pm
UltimateDitto wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:24 pm
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:48 pm Destoroyah could have continued taking on larger and more terrifying forms
Minilla: Oh yeah that's the stuff.
Bad, no. We don’t darken the light of day by mentioning that aberration of fanfic.
explain

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

I have a headcanon that Kiryu Saga Godzilla’s species and King Kong’s species were coexisted and have bloody battles. However, slowly due to competition the Kong’s grew smaller in order to prevent being preyed upon.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

King Cobra from Godzilla: The Series is an irradiated Ringhals Spitting Cobra.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Faro Island was discovered at some point in the Heisei series, hence photos of Kong 62 appearing in Godzilla vs Destroyah.

(Dub only possibly? Never found confirmation) the original Rodan film happened in the Heisei timeline, this is why photos of the 1956 Rodan are again in GVD and in the dub, the Adona Island scientist identify Rodan as Rodan. Heisei Rodan is a subspecies.

RIP Evan.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:20 pm Faro Island was discovered at some point in the Heisei series, hence photos of Kong 62 appearing in Godzilla vs Destroyah.

(Dub only possibly? Never found confirmation) the original Rodan film happened in the Heisei timeline, this is why photos of the 1956 Rodan are again in GVD and in the dub, the Adona Island scientist identify Rodan as Rodan. Heisei Rodan is a subspecies.
Get out.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:20 pm Faro Island was discovered at some point in the Heisei series, hence photos of Kong 62 appearing in Godzilla vs Destroyah.

These are some interesting theories.

Alternatively, Heisei Rodan could simply be a different species of Pteranodon; the '56 Rodan pair could've been mutated Pteranodon Longiceps, while Heisei Rodan was a mutated Pteranodon Sternbergi (or is Sternbergi considered its own genus nowadays? I hear its a matter of debate).

Added in 3 minutes 28 seconds:
Or maybe they're both Pteranodon Longiceps but they look different because they were mutated via different means.

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

1. Giant Oodako is an evolved species of Giant Octopus (Or maybe an irradiated one).

2. Manda is a type of sea snake, sea dragons are just a species of sea snake.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

Given Anguirus's anatomy having so many poison sacs in their body in some diagrams, I headcanon that young members of his species rely on them for defense against predators that could just flip them over, and are mostly vestigial upon adulthood given they are never mentioned.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

Another one: I don't think Showa Godzilla ever realized Mothra Imago and Mothra Larva were the same type of creature. It explains a LOT about his hostility in Godzilla vs the Sea Monster.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

All Godzillas can self adapt and “evolve” to an extent, just not at the levels of the three Reiwa Godzillas.

For example, Showa. In KKvG, he is badly harmed by Kong’s electricity, which is just lightning. Then, in Ebirah, he is specifically woken up by lightning striking him and no worse for wear because of it. Vs Hedorah, he stands between the electricity spewing generators without harm as Hedorah fries. Then, finally, in vs Mechagodzilla, he literally absorbs lightning to fuel his magnetism.

“But he was harmed by Gabara’s electricity” in a child’s dream, a child who probably heard the tale of King Kong beating Godzilla with electricity.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

The Mutos are actually from a different planet that was captured by the Ghidorahs empire, how they got on earth is actually because of King Ghidorah (from KotM) had the eggs on his scales. They been known to be a parasite and rapidly evolve from their surroundings and adapt to their enemies, It’s not far-fetched that they could’ve not just look differently but also how they behaved and breed from when they first contacted earth compared to what they are now.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Everything that I said. In le other thread.
For Emperor and Empire!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Voyager wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:40 am Everything that I said. In le other thread.
lmao literally not once did I say you had to discuss that here. ALL I said was what you said was more of a head canon than a theory.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:00 am All Godzillas can self adapt and “evolve” to an extent, just not at the levels of the three Reiwa Godzillas.
Co-sign

1. This is a blanket explanation for any and all design/ability changes from film to film. Godzilla is always in a state of flux.

This applies to G98 as well. We are only seeing his initial form before evolving and developing his regenerative abilities. The eggs are not traditional offspring, they are more like genetic hivemind replicants to help ensure its survival. They are ALL Godzilla. The hatchling at the end DOES evolve and becomes the Godzilla we see in Godzilla 2000.

2. The explanation for inconsistent and changing Kaiju names across all English dubs is a result of in-universe debate and dispute regarding the official, agreed upon names of the creatures. It was referred to as Gigantis AT THAT TIME. Eventually, academic and social review along with public opinion rendered the Gigantis name obsolete.
Last edited by Chrispy_G on Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."