Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Legion1979
Justiriser

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by Legion1979 »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:58 pm
Legion1979 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:51 pm and he barely gives Godzilla a tough fight. You never feel like SG put Godzilla's life in danger.
Everything else you said is personal opinion, and that's fine.. but did you not see him toss Godzilla around like a ragdoll and knock him down with literally one Corona Beam?
Unlike MG, which pretty much would have killed Godzilla completely if it wasn't for Rodan, I never felt like SG could have done anything to kill Godzilla. So Godzilla got knocked down and thrown around. I never once thought, "Holy crap, Godzilla is in real trouble here!"

I'm fact, that entire final battle sucked.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:00 pm
goji89 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:46 pm There's one thing that puzzled me......how the funk was he going to swallow Goji with them sharp huge ass scutes?
He wasn't. The boy was just plain stupid.
Well crocodiles and large constrictors will swallow gazelle, impala and wildebeest horns and all. If Orga simply wasn't capable of doing it, I doubt he would've attempted it.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Point is, he didn't consider Godzilla's heat ray. One of the dumbest decisions a kaiju has ever made.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:23 pm Point is, he didn't consider Godzilla's heat ray. One of the dumbest decisions a kaiju has ever made.
Yeah, he saw him use it multiple times, one would think not to put a fully loaded gun into your mouth, or in this case a heat ray.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

I don't disagree that Orga shouldn't have attempted it while Godzilla was still alert. My point was that I don't think him swallowing Godzilla whole was impossible.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Biollante very much feels like her own unique thing mutated by Godzilla's cells. So while I like Biollante better, I'd have to agree that Orga fills the concept of a "Godzilla clone monster" better than she does. And certainly better than Spacegodzilla.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Orga is just my personal fav take on a Godzilla clone. I loved its design and how it seemed to gradually evolve into a more Godzilla-like entity and found its story and origin interesting. Biollante I more put with Megaguirus in that it is a creature that happens to use Godzilla's DNA but more its own creature, rather than a clone given how distinct it is with any Godzilla traits being more passive to the overall design/character.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Biollante

They are both made from the same cells. They're identical, the same thing. Not brother and sister; they're both the same creature.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Way I always saw it

Biollante is the new Godzilla. She is the Godzilla of the modern era made from the new most dangerous tech (genetic engineering vs nukes) and she differs in minor ways (comes from humans instead of being forever I conflict with them, direct opposition to the world like Godzilla vs more passive growing and defense when needed until Godzilla forces her to evolve into the Final Form, etc). She and Godzilla are the same and nearly meet peacefully but seem to like...instinctively realize there can only be one and clash.

Spacegodzilla is the twisted Godzilla. An evil twin. More directly wants to conquer the Earth and rule it, has brain vs his brawn, and literally sets off the plot by attempting to take Godzilla's son for himself. He is the worst of what Godzilla could be and that is why they fight.

Orga is the imposter Godzilla. A being that is envious of what Godzilla has and throws away nearly everything in a desperate attempt to gain it. It ends up being a dangerous foe but ends up being pathetic and tragic as it destroys it's whole civilization's achievements just to be close to Godzilla.

It's a really fascinating dichotomy and I really wish someday we get an official project with all 3 so the differences can be shown off.

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

SpaceGodzilla kicked Godzilla's ass more than Destroyah did.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:01 pm SpaceGodzilla kicked Godzilla's ass more than Destroyah did.
Dessy was slicing Gojis ass up. SG was just pushing and shoving Goji like 4th graders thinking they actually fought.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

As for Orga I always felt Godzilla had agreed to let Orga absorb him so he could fire the pluse and finish off Orga. Orga was stupid and Greedy and walked into Godzilla's trap.

I also like Godzilla and Biollante's connection. A lot of discussion can be had there.

Added in 54 seconds:
goji89 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:04 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:01 pm SpaceGodzilla kicked Godzilla's ass more than Destroyah did.
Dessy was slicing Gojis ass up. SG was just pushing and shoving Goji like 4th graders thinking they actually fought.
Destroyah got two slices off, the rest of the fight Godzilla was pushing him back and kicking his ass.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:09 pm As for Orga I always felt Godzilla had agreed to let Orga absorb him so he could fire the pluse and finish off Orga. Orga was stupid and Greedy and walked into Godzilla's trap.

I also like Godzilla and Biollante's connection. A lot of discussion can be had there.

Added in 54 seconds:
Destroyah got two slices off, the rest of the fight Godzilla was pushing him back and kicking his ass.
Two slices of what? Cheese.

He made Godzilla bleed and carterized his wound at the same time. Spacegoofball just threw crystals with sparklers on its end. Needed to stay near a skyscraper for more power while dessy dragged his ass through the airport like it was a game.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Godzilla was also far more powerful in GvD than SG. You get the impression that Dessy was always going to be destroyed in the end. The characters allude to Godzilla being far more powerful than they ever thought in GvD.

Added in 2 minutes 9 seconds:
Spuro wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:12 pm Biollante very much feels like her own unique thing mutated by Godzilla's cells. So while I like Biollante better, I'd have to agree that Orga fills the concept of a "Godzilla clone monster" better than she does. And certainly better than Spacegodzilla.
Orga was never a clone of Godzilla. It’s a completely separate organism who takes in parts of Godzilla’s DNA. Biolllantw, by contrast, is a slightly different organism from Godzilla. Almost a clone but off. I don’t see them as being the exact same organism as the film portrays, but still much closer than Orga. Orga is not a Godzilla clone.

Added in 55 seconds:
goji89 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:41 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:09 pm As for Orga I always felt Godzilla had agreed to let Orga absorb him so he could fire the pluse and finish off Orga. Orga was stupid and Greedy and walked into Godzilla's trap.

Added in 54 seconds:

Two slices of what? Cheese.

He made Godzilla bleed and carterized his wound at the same time. Spacegoofball just threw crystals with sparklers on its end. Needed to stay near a skyscraper for more power while dessy dragged his ass through the airport like it was a game.
Dessy also took way more spiral rays.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Next fight at the airport is gonna be me and Miguel.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

shadowgigan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:50 pm

Orga was never a clone of Godzilla. It’s a completely separate organism who takes in parts of Godzilla’s DNA. Biolllantw, by contrast, is a slightly different organism from Godzilla. Almost a clone but off. I don’t see them as being the exact same organism as the film portrays, but still much closer than Orga. Orga is not a Godzilla clone.

I saw Orga absorbing his DNA as more of a way of adapting to Earth's environment than becoming another Godzilla. It just makes sense that if you want to create a new form you'd use the strongest or best lifeform you could find.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

This seems like a moot point given the Godzilla Destoroyah was fighting was casually spitting out Red Spiral Rays yet he still was able to give Godzilla a fight before he entered meltdown mode.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

godjacob wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:49 pm
This seems like a moot point given the Godzilla Destoroyah was fighting was casually spitting out Red Spiral Rays yet he still was able to give Godzilla a fight before he entered meltdown mode.
They weren't Spiral Rays. They were stronger than his blue breath but they weren't Spiral level.

Destroyah got one knock down and used his Lazer katana twice. Every other fight it was backing up or getting destroyed by Godzilla.

Added in 50 seconds:
goji89 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:56 pm Next fight at the airport is gonna be me and Miguel.
You're first mistake was thinking I would be at an airport.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:02 pm
They weren't Spiral Rays. They were stronger than his blue breath but they weren't Spiral level.

Destroyah got one knock down and used his Lazer katana twice. Every other fight it was backing up or getting destroyed by Godzilla.

Added in 50 seconds:
goji89 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:56 pm Next fight at the airport is gonna be me and Miguel.
I'm assuming you are just choosing to ignore the scene Destoroyah drags Godzilla around by his tail, blasts him with his Micro Oxygen blasts from the sky or the bit where his multiple aggregate forms ganged up on Godzilla forcing him to use a pulse to blast them off. Yeah I didn't get the sense it was a one-sided ass kicking, Destoroyah hung with a much stronger Godzilla than the one SpaceGodzilla fought and tanked increasingly powerful atomic blasts till he got to critical levels.

Just saying if Destoroyah fought the same weaker Godzilla SpaceGodzilla did, Destoroyah would've destroyed him.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

godjacob wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:08 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:02 pm

Added in 50 seconds:
I'm assuming you are just choosing to ignore the scene Destoroyah drags Godzilla around by his tail, blasts him with his Micro Oxygen blasts from the sky or the bit where his multiple aggregate forms ganged up on Godzilla forcing him to use a pulse to blast them off. Yeah I didn't get the sense it was a one-sided ass kicking, Destoroyah hung with a much stronger Godzilla than the one SpaceGodzilla fought and tanked increasingly powerful atomic blasts till he got to critical levels.

Just saying if Destoroyah fought the same weaker Godzilla SpaceGodzilla did, Destoroyah would've destroyed him.
The tail drag is the same scene where Destroyah knocks Godzilla down. Destroyah wins Round 1 easily.

Godzilla then advances and gets cut twice, Godzilla fires his ray and busts Destroyah's chest open and advances on him and Destroyah falls over and breaks down. Round 2 Godzilla.

Round 3 Destroyah has to change tactics and try and group assault, Godzilla flings several Destroyah and eventually gets the up. Round 3 Godzilla.

Destroyah reforms and attacks Godzilla from the back and throws Godzilla again. Godzilla gets up and rains Spiral Rays to the point Destroyah chooses to run away.

It's not one sided but Destroyah is doing worse and worse as the fight goes on.

Destroyah against Normal Heisei Godzilla is debatable.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image