Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by eabaker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:02 am Those MMD Godzilla Earth animations aren't nearly as good as people act.

The Mechagodzilla one is fine, it's a nice scenario of what could have been. The one with Earth fighting the army is boring as hell, it feels just like any other Godzilla film but it's tolerable. But the Ghidorah one is AWFUL. It's a dizzying and painful to watch mess of beams that would make even Kawikata cry and that's not even talking about when it's just verbatim ripping off King of the Monsters. I hate the lazy biting and struggling in Planet Eater but a better alternative, it is not.

I might just shrug and ignore them if it weren't for the fact a vocal majority of the fandom acts like they are better then the animes and I really hate the idea that confusing monster fights are better then actual stories because the monsters fight. Again, I don't think the animes are perfect but it's a sentiment that frustrates the hell out of me.
So unpopular that I have no idea what you're even talking about.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

^Nor did I. A quick Googling gave me this https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/GodzillaMMD.
Sound kinda neat. Or at least it would without the context here. I'll definitely check them out, but I just don't have the time at the moment.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

That's.. odd. Did they get deleted?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

GU>StE

Just because I grew up with the former, and never played the latter.
For Emperor and Empire!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Voyager wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:05 pm …and never played the latter.
So what’s the point of your post then

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

UltramanGoji wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:43 pm
Ummm… Maybe I just, I don’t know, like Unleashed better?

Never played Save the Earth but I’ve watched hundreds of videos of the game on YouTube enough to have a full graspe. I wouldn’t have shared my opinion if i had no clue what StE was about or what it was like.
For Emperor and Empire!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Voyager wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:49 pm

Never played Save the Earth but I’ve watched hundreds of videos of the game on YouTube enough to have a full graspe. I wouldn’t have shared my opinion if i had no clue what StE was about or what it was like.
As someone who religiously followed the marketing campaign and watched every let's play of Unleashed when I was 10 and then only played it at 16, there is a MASSIVE gap between what was shown and what the game is actually like.

So, I'm with UG, bit hard to swallow here.

RIP Evan.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:05 pm

As someone who religiously followed the marketing campaign and watched every let's play of Unleashed when I was 10 and then only played it at 16, there is a MASSIVE gap between what was shown and what the game is actually like.

No… you’ve missed what I said.

I have played GU on the Wii and own it. I’ve never played Save The Earth, and that’s much easier to understand as a more straightforwardly controlled game, no?

Sure, I hate the controls of GU but I still love it to bits.
Last edited by Voyager on Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

SoggyNoodles2016

Voyager wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:08 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:05 pm

No… you’ve missed what I said.

I have played GU on the Wii and own it. I’ve never played Save The Earth, and that’s much easier to understand as a more straightforwardly controlled game, no?

Sure, I hate the controls of GU but I still love it to bits.
And you missed the point of what I said.

Videos don't say SHIT about how a game actually works or how you'll feel playing it.

I'm saying that it's hard to buy you saying STE is worse if you haven't played it. I was explaining that though my similar experiences with Unleashed where I thought I knew everything, played it, and rapidly turned around on it.

Not denying your love, just don't like the logistics

RIP Evan.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:28 pm
I'm saying that it's hard to buy you saying STE is worse if you haven't played it.
Image Image

Hold on a minute… I don’t remember saying that…
Voyager wrote:Maybe I just, I don’t know, like Unleashed better?
Huh… Did I ever once say StE is objectively worse? If I did, I’ll stand down right here. I just expressed an opinion. Isn’t that what the thread is about? Am I not allowed to have an unpopular opinion (the namesake of the thread)?

Just a little part added later:

Now, Soggy , I do understand where you’re coming from and what you mean, but it is just a harmless opinion, and I don’t appreciate my words being misconstrued to better fit a narrative.
Last edited by Voyager on Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

You said GU>STE, implying that STE is a lesser game, though you couldn't possibly know that since you haven't actually played it. It's just an odd take.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:10 pm You said GU>STE, implying that STE is a lesser game, though you couldn't possibly know that since you haven't actually played it. It's just an odd take.
You could take it that way, but it sure as hell wasn’t my intent. GU>StE, for me, is purely a preferential thing. If I wanted to say I thought it was the better game, I would have. I’m upfront about these things.

For example, I do not like Return of Godzilla.
For Emperor and Empire!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I think you can't really have a solid preference on something if you haven't tried both.

It's like if I never tried a turkey sandwich, but I religiously eat ham sandwiches and say "I prefer Ham sandwiches, and think they're better than turkey because I saw enough turkey sandwich reviews"
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Well TK has spoken. I must bend over to the STE overlords and destroy my copy of GU :shrug:

I hope you all know this is a joke
Last edited by Voyager on Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

SoggyNoodles2016

As Rando said, the very act of ranking something above another, even if it is just preference, is you saying you find the thing above better then the latter.

And literally no one is saying that, we're saying it's weird to hear with the knowledge you haven't played STE. I'd be reacting the same if someone came in here and said the same thing for something I agreed on (like "Vs King Ghidorah is better then half of the Heisei films. I haven't watched them though"). Hell, I haven't played STE either, but I haven't decided it's better because I played Unleashed.

Idk it's just weird

RIP Evan.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

wElL I GuEss thAt MeAnS tO hAvE aN oPiNiOn On ThE nEwS I HaD tO hAvE bEeN tHerE tO eXpErIeNcE iT!111!!111!!!1

Is what I would say if I actually wanted to win this argument, which I don’t anymore, since I’m tired and clearly never going to win with all of TK at this point dogpiling me like seagulls on a fry.

Well, I just reckon we forgive and forget.
For Emperor and Empire!

SoggyNoodles2016

Who the fuxk is even-

Whatever

Added in 1 minute 14 seconds:
Unpopular Opinions again.

Godzilla: Legends was the best idea IDW had and it's a tragedy it failed miserably

RIP Evan.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:11 pm
Godzilla: Legends was the best idea IDW had and it's a tragedy it failed miserably
I guess? It was an interesting concept for sure, though.
For Emperor and Empire!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Voyager, I could give less of a fuck if you like which ever game you like, even more on how or why you like it more because you just prefer it. And yeah, everyone dogpiling you for your opinion is rather stupid.

But what I won't forgive is why in the flying horse honches you don't like Return of Godzilla?

Is the movie too Kino for your taste buds bud. I better never catch you out in the streets.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Voyager wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:36 am
goji89 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:58 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:43 pm I feel like we've seen maybe one or two tops of the devil stereotype. Battra and Destoroyah.

Ghidorah by nature is evil incarnate.
I don't see it that way.

Ghidorah is not evil in that it is a balance.
Where there is life there is death. A God of destruction if you will. If anything those that manipulate it are the real evil ones.
I guess, but I like to see the Cosmic Ghidorah’s (Showa, RoM3, MV, Void) as just pure evil, doing what they please. They’re outside the order. They are not like fires in the forests clearing way for new growth, but rather a violent storm, just causing unnecessary destruction.
Only Void Ghidorah might be a netural balance in nature. Showa, MV and ROM 3 are Evil and are choosing to do what they do.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image