The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by edgaguirus »

That was weirder than Hedorah.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:11 am
Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:42 am
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:11 am
Something not right about this
Everything's not right about this
I-I... have no words. It’s not bad enough for me to hate it but it sure is a tad cringe.
For Emperor and Empire!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

https://twitter.com/Dayg0n/status/13881 ... 93635?s=20
No, just no you’re so wrong about a young woman Directing a kaiju is in fact and quote “woke”...I hate the human race

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:49 am Image
No, just no you’re so wrong about a young woman Directing a kaiju is in fact and quote “woke”...I hate the human race
I never will understand these kinds of people.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sat May 01, 2021 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:08 am
I never will understand these kinds of people.
Me too dude... me too

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Woman belong in the kitchen

And knowing a woman she'd make some stupid woke sensitive movie. Probably even go far as to say how men suck and all that shiiyt.
Last edited by goji89 on Sat May 01, 2021 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

What's funny is that in Kong's solo film they had a black actor play the main villain, so it doesn't even work in context to this version of Kong.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

godjacob wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:09 am
What's funny is that in Kong's solo film they had a black actor play the main villain, so it doesn't even work in context to this version of Kong.
To be fair, I'd say Packard was an antagonist, but not a villain.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

goji89 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:28 am Woman belong in the kitchen

And knowing a woman she'd make some stupid woke sensitive movie. Probably even go far as to say how men suck and all that shiiyt.
:mad: ... :| ... :eh: ...

This is a joke, yes?
Last edited by Voyager on Sat May 01, 2021 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Voyager wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:05 pm
goji89 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:28 am Woman belong in the kitchen

:mad: ... :| ... :eh: ...

This is a joke, yes?
Maybe ;)

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

My two cents about the whole debate over a woman directing a monsterverse film. A director should be chosen for the project based on their skill or talent, vision for the production, and passion for the characters. If the director that has all that happens to be a woman I think that would be fantastic and I'm down for it. I've seen people on FB Godzilla groups arguing that the next director must be a woman and only a woman simply based on the fact that she is a woman. I don't see how choosing a director for a film solely based on their reproduction organs makes any kind of sense whatsoever. I couldn't care less about their gender I just want to know if they have talent and care about Godzilla. I am not an Adam Wingard fan at ALL but when I saw he was directing GvK not once did I ever think to myself "Well I'm sure he'll do fine I mean he is a MAN after all." My feelings towards him being given the gig was based solely on my thoughts of his previous works.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

cloverfan98 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:47 pm My two cents about the whole debate over a woman directing a monsterverse film. A director should be chosen for the project based on their skill or talent, vision for the production, and passion for the characters. If the director that has all that happens to be a woman I think that would be fantastic and I'm down for it. I've seen people on FB Godzilla groups arguing that the next director must be a woman and only a woman simply based on the fact that she is a woman. I don't see how choosing a director for a film solely based on their reproduction organs makes any kind of sense whatsoever. I couldn't care less about their gender I just want to know if they have talent and care about Godzilla. I am not an Adam Wingard fan at ALL but when I saw he was directing GvK not once did I ever think to myself "Well I'm sure he'll do fine I mean he is a MAN after all." My feelings towards him being given the gig was based solely on my thoughts of his previous works.
Totally agree with you

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Me and my girlfriend had a whole Twitter beef with some dude and his wife because they tried implying that the Monsterverse was purposefully hiring "straight white men", and that the kaiju genre as a whole needed to have more diversity, @'ing everyone under the thread... and it's like, do you even know the genre? Where it stems from? I get it, your wife has a Ghidorah tattoo on her leg, that doesn't mean you two are suddenly the end-all be-all. (Plus Vogt Roberts is Jewish so like what??)

I thank the powers that be, that Japan doesn't have tons of these kinds of people reeee'ing over there. Forced art isn't art. Artists are respected and admired over there, not forced to change things because 3 people made a change.org page.

Directors should be based on merit, understanding, and passion for the project. Not whether they're swinging down low or not.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat May 01, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:38 pm Me and my girlfriend had a whole Twitter beef with some dude and his wife because they tried implying that the Monsterverse was purposefully hiring "straight white men", and that the kaiju genre as a whole needed to have more diversity, @'ing everyone under the thread... and it's like, do you even know the genre? Where it stems from? I get it, your wife has a Ghidorah tattoo on her leg, that doesn't mean you two are suddenly the end-all be-all. (Plus Vogt Roberts is Jewish so like what??)

I thank the powers that be, that Japan doesn't have tons of these kinds of people reeee'ing over there. Forced art isn't art. Artists are respected and admired over there, not forced to change things because 3 people made a change.org page.

Directors should be based on merit, understanding, and passion for the project. Not whether they're swinging down low or not.
Agreed the mass mob screeching that their demands be heard and that people are hired purely for their race or gender are so insufferable. There have been individuals who have been acting like that for some time now and I've been worried that there would be a movement to redefine the Godzilla series and the kaiju genre as they see fit based on their own personal ideology for some time now. I think there may be a movement but its a small amount of people and like you said Japan does not put up with that nonsense and the monsterverse has been a success without trying to cater to the Twitter mob.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

cloverfan98 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:34 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:38 pm Me and my girlfriend had a whole Twitter beef with some dude and his wife because they tried implying that the Monsterverse was purposefully hiring "straight white men", and that the kaiju genre as a whole needed to have more diversity, @'ing everyone under the thread... and it's like, do you even know the genre? Where it stems from? I get it, your wife has a Ghidorah tattoo on her leg, that doesn't mean you two are suddenly the end-all be-all. (Plus Vogt Roberts is Jewish so like what??)

Agreed the mass mob screeching that their demands be heard and that people are hired purely for their race or gender are so insufferable. There have been individuals who have been acting like that for some time now and I've been worried that there would be a movement to redefine the Godzilla series and the kaiju genre as they see fit based on their own personal ideology for some time now. I think there may be a movement but its a small amount of people and like you said Japan does not put up with that nonsense and the monsterverse has been a success without trying to cater to the Twitter mob.
I agree with both of you and pretty much nailed how I feel about it. Nothing more to say. Good job fellas.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

If they were looking for "kaiju experts" to react, they should have sent applications here. :lol:
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

KK42 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:40 am

If they were looking for "kaiju experts" to react, they should have sent applications here. :lol:
Oh my god I was just gonna post that video. Even copied the link and everything.

He's the type of purist that has a stick shoved so far up his ass he might as well be a popsicle.

He complains about the lack of realism (boat fight) but then complains about Godzilla's realistic design?

Just relax and stop nitpicking every minor thing.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Wow he IS a kaiju expert. I mean he could be anyone from here doing that vid.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

KK42 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:40 am

these people are just the worst, they always say the kaiju movie needs to be deep and metaphorical, and ignore every movie that came out after Gojira

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Guaranteed whoever this guy is browses TK. It’s impossible for him not to with these shitty takes :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: