The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:53 am Anyone’s thoughts on Omni Viewer?
I personally used to watch him, until just forgot about him, I think he is sort of good but sometimes he does miss the point, like at one point while he’s talking about Shin Godzilla he said “ if they we’re trying to make a disaster movie then go make a disaster movie without Godzilla” or something like that. I don’t agree with this logic because by that standard wouldn’t that apply to Gojira 1954 as well?
He seems to have a superior complex but it's definitely not as bad as (or at least, more subtle than) Deadzilla or UltramanCronos.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Never heard of him, but if he's one of the many people making 20+ minute long videos sharing their thoughts on minuscule things like a new trailer or leaked photograph, he gets a hard pass.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

UltramanGoji wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:44 pmUltramanCronos, who actually used to be a member here funny enough, was always kind of an asshole. Even if I enjoyed his Ultraman videos, I could not get over his massive ego and abrasiveness towards younger viewers. Like Deadzilla, he made more than a few videos talking about how people weren't collecting right or whatever. I remember one was about the "proper" amount of figures you needed to have a "collection update video", it was so fucking stupid.
Yeah Ultraman Cronos was Godzilla 2000 on the forums, I think. He came off as being one of those guys who's a massive turbovirgin in real life, and used the internet as a means to try and act superior to other people by being excessively hostile.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Lets not kid ourselves here. We’re all turbovirgins. :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

An oldie but a goodie but do y'all remember when Alex Jones said King of The Monsters was actually secretly exposing the Illumnati's plans to wipe out the populace?

RIP Evan.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:10 pm An oldie but a goodie but do y'all remember when Alex Jones said King of The Monsters was actually secretly exposing the Illumnati's plans to wipe out the populace?
He what?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:10 pm An oldie but a goodie but do y'all remember when Alex Jones said King of The Monsters was actually secretly exposing the Illumnati's plans to wipe out the populace?
Please don’t bring Alex Jones anywhere near a Godzilla product… just don’t

SoggyNoodles2016

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:12 pm
He what?
Thankfully, I'm not finding evidence but I can tell you from the bottom of my heart, it did happen.

Conspiracies, man. When they intersect with pop culture for legitimacy, its even funnier then usual.

RIP Evan.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:17 pm
He what?
Thankfully, I'm not finding evidence but I can tell you from the bottom of my heart, it did happen.

Conspiracies, man. When they intersect with pop culture for legitimacy, its even funnier then usual.
Was there a video? What did he say exactly? This is too hilariously cringe...
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I’d pay actual money for an Alex Jones type character in the next MV movie. Not like Bernie who’s still a reasonable guy underneath the conspiracy theory, but just a complete fucking lunatic who thinks the Titans are created by the government.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:21 pm I’d pay actual money for an Alex Jones type character in the next MV movie. Not like Bernie who’s still a reasonable guy underneath the conspiracy theory, but just a complete fucking lunatic who thinks the Titans are created by the government.
"I've got sources, reputable sources, on the inside at Monarch. What they're telling me is, that they're actually putting chemicals in the radiation that's causing Godzilla to target good, God fearing Christian Americans. It's a liberal psyop. I have the documents!"
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

SoggyNoodles2016

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:18 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:17 pm

He what?

Was there a video? What did he say exactly? This is too hilariously cringe...
I didn't see much for the obvious reasons (don't want that shit in my feed) but basically, the whole plan to awaken Titans to wipe out excess humanity was the elite's plan to restart the world and how the film was bravely revealing it and showing how it wouldn't work because of good honest people. Also, I think some stuff about how the kaiju were supposed to be The Beast/Devil and that it was failing at the box office for being right, I think?

Dude was clearly stretching so he could connect something popular with his bullshit to get more listeners.

Added in 2 minutes 6 seconds:
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:24 pm
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:21 pm I’d pay actual money for an Alex Jones type character in the next MV movie. Not like Bernie who’s still a reasonable guy underneath the conspiracy theory, but just a complete skreeonking lunatic who thinks the Titans are created by the government.
"I've got sources, reputable sources, on the inside at Monarch. What they're telling me is, that they're actually putting chemicals in the radiation that's causing Godzilla to target good, God fearing Christian Americans. It's a liberal psyop. I have the documents!"

I would pay so much money for this.

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:24 pm
God I wish this site had a like button :lol: :lol:
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I’ve been getting a lot of hate mail and pings insulting me on Reddit for not liking certain Godzilla entires and refusing to just never state my opinion.

I don’t get it, why hate someone over what they think of the franchise lol
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:21 pm I’d pay actual money for an Alex Jones type character in the next MV movie. Not like Bernie who’s still a reasonable guy underneath the conspiracy theory, but just a complete skreeonking lunatic who thinks the Titans are created by the government.
So a guy who proposes that the government is secretly conspiring with Monarch to dump chemicals in the water to make the world’s Kaiju gay?

I would pay $100 to see that movie.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:36 pm I’ve been getting a lot of hate mail and pings insulting me on Reddit for not liking certain Godzilla entires and refusing to just never state my opinion.

Your first mistake was going on Reddit to begin with. ;)

Godzilla fans are generally very welcoming but at the same time I'd say it's one of the larger groups that could benefit from a "Social Life 101" course. Some people take their interests a little too seriously. The image you linked is funny to me because I've seen fans from both sides overreact in that way. It's the pot calling the kettle black.

Better not to get caught up in the heat and just enjoy the aspects that you like.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I'm of the opinion that when it comes to Godzilla, it's easy for fans to get defensive because, regardless of what some insist, there's a certain special magic to the character and movies that people who consider themselves fans see, but most "normies" don't. For years we've heard "cheesy cardboard buildings, wooden acting, stupid man in costume" etc etc etc. by people who don't even try and look at any objective good qualities the films have. (For instance, how can you judge the acting properly if you've never seen the films in their original language?) Simply put, most non-fans think Godzilla is so-bad-its-good ironic viewing at best, which I do find very irritating. Godzilla got me into the world of cinema, and means a lot to me. I've met some fantastic people through shared interest in Godzilla. So I have a lot of emotional baggage tied into this fuckin lizard! Does that give me carte blanche to be a bully? Not in the slightest.
It's possible to express opinions, "valid" or not, without being a cock helmet.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:36 pm I’ve been getting a lot of hate mail and pings insulting me on Reddit for not liking certain Godzilla entires and refusing to just never state my opinion.

Oh man, old TK was just as bad. If you said anything bad about the Showa series, you'd have a legion of boomers and neckbeards berating you. The Toys and Collectibles section was legendary for it's flame wars. I've never seen a larger group of man-children get bent out of shape because of another person's collecting preferences.

Old TK was so incredibly toxic that even Hedorah would probably want nothing to do with it.
Last edited by Breakdown on Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

In YouTube videos about the GvK’s Hong Kong fight I always see Kong Uber-fans picking fights with users talking about Godzilla’s strength and victory. It usually devolves into stuff like “fatzilla”, “wingard sux”, and “plot armor” (I’m now convinced half of YouTube doesn’t know what the hell “plot armor” is.)

They’re definitely a minority in and of themselves, seeing as the Godzilla fandom outnumbers the Kong “fandom” by an order of about ~17,000 magnitudes, but it’s still pretty jarring to see.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

You'd be surprised at how many people care more about the lore of the movies than the movies themselves. Most arguments I see tend to fall under one of these two categories:

1. Toys
2. "Power Levels" (or whatever dumb thing you want to call it)