The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by gottatalktothefake »

KK42 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:40 am

If they were looking for "kaiju experts" to react, they should have sent applications here. :lol:
This guy apparently yells at children on social media for their toku knowledge lmao. If a kid “knows too much” and he feels threatened by it, he will shame them for knowing as much at they do.

He’s a huge twat in every single way.

Added in 6 minutes 33 seconds:
Jermobooka wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:40 am Guaranteed whoever this guy is browses TK. It’s impossible for him not to with these shitty takes :lol:
This, I guarantee half of us would have been even worse than his reaction
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:46 pm
Added in 6 minutes 33 seconds:
Jermobooka wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:40 am Guaranteed whoever this guy is browses TK. It’s impossible for him not to with these shitty takes :lol:
This, I guarantee half of us would have been even worse than his reaction
Oh that's a damn given my guy. I'd bet money I don't have and watch the millions come on in into my banking account

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Anybody know where I can go to get my certified Godzilla expert diploma?
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Smuggers wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:20 am Anybody know where I can go to get my certified Godzilla expert diploma?
Your mother's basement is a good place to start.

I'm sorry, that was mean.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I figured if one of the old guard were to latch onto this sort of clickbait, reactionary mindset I guess it would be August Ragone.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:00 pm I figured if one of the old guard were to latch onto this sort of clickbait, reactionary mindset I guess it would be August Ragone.
Haven't heard that name in a hot minute.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

I haven't heard that name ever

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:15 pm I haven't heard that name ever
Why do keep leaving us for days on end? Do you not like us anymore? Is there another forum in your life? Are they better, we can be better.... :cry: .

But you've never heard of Ragone? Bruh... he's and old guard type.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:15 pm I haven't heard that name ever
He wrote a book on Eiji Tsuburaya. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/316 ... _Tsuburaya

Did some commentary for some kaiju movies too.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

A few minutes in and I already hate this guy. How can one be so wrong in their views about the legendary Godzilla design? Like, its not my favorite either, but a super reptilian Godzilla makes sense as a counter to Kong. It works well within the context of what the monsterverse is going for. AND IMAGINE BEING BOTHERED THAT GODZILLA COULD DESTROY THINGS EASILY? IMAGINE BEING BOTHERED THAT ITS UNREALISTIC. How can a Godzilla fan think like that?

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

The cringe IGN video headlining August Ragone Vs. Godziszewski The Cool

Last edited by ROMG4 on Tue May 04, 2021 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:54 am A few minutes in and I already hate this guy. How can one be so wrong in their views about the legendary Godzilla design? Like, its not my favorite either, but a super reptilian Godzilla makes sense as a counter to Kong. It works well within the context of what the monsterverse is going for. AND IMAGINE BEING BOTHERED THAT GODZILLA COULD DESTROY THINGS EASILY? IMAGINE BEING BOTHERED THAT ITS UNREALISTIC. How can a Godzilla fan think like that?
Wait, what no this cannot be serious, I love 19-21 design Without a doubt but had this guys seen the other Godzilla film?
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Tue May 04, 2021 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

goji89 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:19 pm
Why do keep leaving us for days on end? Do you not like us anymore? Is there another forum in your life? Are they better, we can be better.... :cry: .

Outside of a few select threads I don't really browse the forum looking for new conversations to jump into and I'm not really in much of a talkative mood lately. I've been dealing with a lot of things. You'll probably see me more in the SP threads once that gets all released up in the west.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:06 am
goji89 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:19 pm

Outside of a few select threads I don't really browse the forum looking for new conversations to jump into and I'm not really in much of a talkative mood lately. I've been dealing with a lot of things. You'll probably see me more in the SP threads once that gets all released up in the west.
You didn't have to explain anything to me dude. I was just being a sarcastic dick lol, but thank you. I'm sorry you're going through some things and I hope you can get through it all right. I know I'm some guy on a forum but if you ever need to vent things out who better than some complete stranger on a Godzilla forum. Hope everything is fine.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Executive Hamster wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:54 am A few minutes in and I already hate this guy. How can one be so wrong in their views about the legendary Godzilla design? Like, its not my favorite either, but a super reptilian Godzilla makes sense as a counter to Kong. It works well within the context of what the monsterverse is going for. AND IMAGINE BEING BOTHERED THAT GODZILLA COULD DESTROY THINGS EASILY? IMAGINE BEING BOTHERED THAT ITS UNREALISTIC. How can a Godzilla fan think like that?
August Ragone wrote a good book, and used to be a good resource, and other than recent charades is a good dude. However, a lot of his current opinions read as hating on newer stuff, as a fanboy, versus having anything constructive to really say, because the franchise is opening up and becoming easier to “enter”. I get some of the saltiness and agree with it, but a lot of it is not accepting we don’t live in the time period where anyone can easily access Godzilla.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:26 pm
August Ragone wrote a good book, and used to be a good resource, and other than recent charades is a good dude. However, a lot of his current opinions read as hating on newer stuff, as a fanboy, versus having anything constructive to really say, because the franchise is opening up and becoming easier to “enter”. I get some of the saltiness and agree with it, but a lot of it is not accepting we don’t live in the time period where anyone can easily access Godzilla.
Do you think he's frustrated that information on the franchise is easier to come by these days? That he feels all the work he put into research over the decades was wasted?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Sometimes people forget that this stuff is supposed to be fun.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

tbeasley wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:04 pm Sometimes people forget that this stuff is supposed to be fun.
Oh crap!

You're right. Guys, we're supposed to have fun.

See..... Nobody cares.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

goji89 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:31 pm
tbeasley wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:04 pm Sometimes people forget that this stuff is supposed to be fun.
Oh crap!

You're right. Guys, we're supposed to have fun.

See..... Nobody cares.
I certainly don't care. And I don't wanna have fun either. Grrrr! :mad:
For Emperor and Empire!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

KK42 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:31 pmDo you think he's frustrated that information on the franchise is easier to come by these days? That he feels all the work he put into research over the decades was wasted?
Time is never “wasted”. People can talk poorly about him, but he wrote a published book, and that’s a major accomplishment that not many can take away from him.

But I think the process is not exclusive to the Godzilla franchise, and pretty much happens to all the Japanese fan bases. Imagine all the OG anime fans (like Dragonball) who originally imported and researched stuff themselves before it became widely available. It happens, and I’m sure there’s some divide between those generations.

It’s also the movement away from the centralized individual to the fan base as a whole. The Godzilla fan base, like other fanbases now, can very easily share information and ask for help. Compare this to a bygone era when everyone was reliant on one or two people for info.

I think it’s all interesting conceptually. Speaking of which, I’ve been a bit busy in my personal life, but I’ll get off my ass and try translating and scanning some more Godzilla manga soon 8-)
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.