Best Destruction Sequences

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Best Destruction Sequences

Post by Terasawa »

We're not told in either Japanese or English versions where Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus launch their final attack, but it's a pretty safe bet that it's Tokyo, considering Mugal and Tsuda discuss their plans for Tokyo several times in the movie.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I'm surprised I'm not seeing more love for Godzilla's rampage in Biollante. I think that's one of the most distinctive sequences in the series.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Watching all of the Toho monster films in 2019 for the KoTM allowed me to rewatch and appreciate the destruction scenes in Rodan and Mothra. In both of those movies, a lot of careful work is performed on the miniatures and the destruction of said miniatures is quite impressive. From that perspective, those two films and some of the other early Showa films have some great destruction sequences. Aside from that, here are some of my other favorites:

1) Gigan and Ghidorah Destruction (Godzilla vs. Gigan)
2) Titanosaurs and Mechagodzilla (Terror of MG)
3) Godzilla in Tokyo (Return of Godzilla)
4) Shin Godzilla atomic ray scene

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It's short, but Baragon's attack on the oil rig in FCTW deserves a mention. Very convincing and impressive, for what it was.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Shin’s atomic breath scene and nothing else even remotely comes close.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

Godzilla Earth obliterating Mechagodzilla City was an incredible display of power.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

At the time I did my list, I hadn't yet seen Singular Point, which is why I come back to put up this scene.

This scene is every bit as chilling as his entrance. He isn't even in his final form and Godzilla just essentially nuked an entire portion of the city.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I've always been found of Gigan's rampage in vs Gigan. The Mechagodzilla & Titanosaurus terror walk through Tokyo will forever be etched in my brain though.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Doesn't Gigan seem to enjoy smashing everything around him? It does to me, and adds something special to that destructive scene.

Rodan's first appearance in KoTM is also a good scene. As he flies over the town, dust, people, and vehicles are thrust into the air.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.