The Unused Concept Art Thread!

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Unused Concept Art Thread!

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

In Final Wars, Kumonga could've had blue stripes.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:29 pm In Final Wars, Kumonga could've had blue stripes.
Yeeeaaaah...not feelin’ it. Not in the damn slightest

Mining’s with anything but yellow stripes feels...fundamentally wrong
Last edited by Jermobooka on Wed May 26, 2021 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Apologies if this was already posted, I didn't see it before. Gamera The Brave concept art! Definitely more Heisei in his DNA, probably why they juiced up the "cute" factor.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Breakdown wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:28 pm Anyone know who that Moguera-esq robot on the second picture is? Also there's a Battra-Megalon hybrid guy there too lol
If I'm looking at the right one, Megarion? They're from The Justirisers.

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:29 pm In Final Wars, Kumonga could've had blue stripes.
I prefer this over what we got in the movie.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

GigaBowserG wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:12 pm
Breakdown wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:28 pm Anyone know who that Moguera-esq robot on the second picture is? Also there's a Battra-Megalon hybrid guy there too lol

That would be the most METAL Moguera design I've ever seen

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

GigaBowserG wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:12 pm

In my opinion, Moguera would have greatly benefited with a redesign like this in Godzilla vs Space Godzilla.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

I think that's Bahadorg in the 2nd pic 2 row 4 down..but what's the one in the 1st pic, 4th row, 3rd down? Cyborg Golza-looking thing?

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

imposterzilla wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:34 am I think that's Bahadorg in the 2nd pic 2 row 4 down..but what's the one in the 1st pic, 4th row, 3rd down? Cyborg Golza-looking thing?
2nd column 4th row is indeed Bahadorg. If you're referring to 4th column 3rd row, that red-metal looking monster, apparently that's Troidon. Poor dude's in desperate need of better images, I could barely tell he was red here!

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Since TK images can now be copy-pasted, here is the best Mothra design (n)ever made!
From Mothra vs. Bagan
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri May 28, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:39 pm Since TK images can now be copy-pasted, here is the best Mothra design (n)ever made!
From Mothra vs. Bagan
The body looks so good, but the wings look so.. ugly.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Gigantis wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:50 pm The body looks so good, but the wings look so.. ugly.
I love the third one's wings, personally, I can just picture how colorful they'd look. They look like giant scales from that angle, so maybe they'd have a certain sheen to them.
/crawls back under rock

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:04 pm Image
Apologies if this was already posted, I didn't see it before. Gamera The Brave concept art! Definitely more Heisei in his DNA, probably why they juiced up the "cute" factor.
The bright greens and yellows of the shell are quite striking.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I think the Megalon-looking guy might be Scarabeus from Justirizers.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The blue, winged kaiju on the page resembles a bird like kaiju I saw on a Sazer X video.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

What about this early King Kong vs Godzilla concept image depicting Kong looking a little more ‘33-esque?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:18 am Image

What about this early King Kong vs Godzilla concept image depicting Kong looking a little more ‘33-esque?
I actually prefer what we got in the final movie, yeah Showa King Kong does look like he got left in the dryer for too long, but he’s got a certain charm to him that that design just… doesn’t.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.