The Unused Concept Art Thread!

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Unused Concept Art Thread!

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:22 am
ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:18 am Image

What about this early King Kong vs Godzilla concept image depicting Kong looking a little more ‘33-esque?
I actually prefer what we got in the final movie, yeah Showa King Kong does look like he got left in the dryer for too long, but he’s got a certain charm to him that that design just… doesn’t.
Concept design: Giant Bigfoot.

Final design: FUNKY MONKE

Added in 1 minute 3 seconds:
In all seriousness, one wonders if Showa Kong shares a common ancestry with Japanese Macaques.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

What about this early King Kong vs Godzilla concept image depicting Kong looking a little more ‘33-esque?
badonkey kong

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:50 am
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:22 am

In all seriousness, one wonders if Showa Kong shares a common ancestry with Japanese Macaques.
They might have been going for that.
Last edited by edgaguirus on Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

This isn't from a movie, but i found some neat concept art for Krystalak that came from Godzilla Unleashed.. TBH he looks a bit better than the monster we got that honestly looks like he was better off in the next Rampage installment.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Funky Monke 62 Kong is beyond charming for no reason.

That Krystalak looks better than the final design to me, but it’d need tweaking to really fit the Unleashed game/Godzilla Universe aesthetic.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:47 pm This isn't from a movie, but i found some neat concept art for Krystalak that came from Godzilla Unleashed.. TBH he looks a bit better than the monster we got that honestly looks like he was better off in the next Rampage installment.
Honestly, I'd say the opposite. This looks like a generic enemy you'd find in Runescape. Krystalak is way more distinct and feels like a kaiju.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:50 pm
Gigantis wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:47 pm This isn't from a movie, but i found some neat concept art for Krystalak that came from Godzilla Unleashed.. TBH he looks a bit better than the monster we got that honestly looks like he was better off in the next Rampage installment.
Honestly, I'd say the opposite. This looks like a generic enemy you'd find in Runescape. Krystalak is way more distinct and feels like a kaiju.
Same. I think the issue with Krystalak was: no effort was done in creating a roar, and not keeping the bearded-lizard look of one of the ne concept arts and instead giving a more humanoid face.
[pic]https://www.tohokingdom.com/images/vg/p ... talak2.jpg[/pic]
Its a subtle change, but a big one.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Godzilla Singular Point Godzilla concept art
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
And my personal favorite
THANOSZILLA
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

And I thought the shovel jaw they went with was bad.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:51 am Godzilla Singular Point Godzilla concept art Image

And my personal favorite
THANOSZILLA
I swear some of those jaws make his face look like a boulder.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Some of the weird, Final Wars concept art.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:02 am Some of the weird, Final Wars concept art.

I feel like this would be impossible in a suit.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

It's too humanoid for Godzilla.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Orga concept art is fucking wild.
Spoiler:
Added in 1 minute 27 seconds:
Also the first one is absolutely the inspiration for Bogal from Ultraman Mebius.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'm still wondering wtf that Legion looking one is all about. The other one's here look like they could still be botched clones of Godzilla, but that one just looks like concept art for a Gamera 2 spoof.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:04 pm Orga concept art is skreeonking wild.
Spoiler:
Also the first one is absolutely the inspiration for Bogal from Ultraman Mebius.
One in particular bears a strong resemblance to one of the original concept art designs for the titular creature in Alien.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:04 pm Orga concept art is skreeonking wild.

Orga has some seriously crazy designs, all are so creative and could easily be made into their own monsters.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I could easily see a few of those being used for an Ultraman foe.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Spoiler:

Here's some new concepts for GvK MechaGodzilla I've never seen before. They REALLY leaned heavily into the T-800 inspiration here because that first one SCREAMS "Skynet".
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Has anybody posted this unused War of the Gargantuas concept art?

I like how in some shots, Gaira actually looks Frankenstein-like! The second piece at the top gives off Gillman vibes.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.