Favorite Kaiju Entrances

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
shadowgigan
Futurian

Re: Favorite Kaiju Entrances

Post by shadowgigan »

Mecha-King Ghidorah has got to be up there for me. Phenomenal lighting. Also Destoroyah's final form. Will second Godzilla in TOMG. Heck, I'll even throw GMK Ghiddy in there, post-Mothra revival.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Rodan's arrival in GKOM is simply incredible.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

godjacob wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:32 pm Rodan's arrival in GKOM is simply incredible.
Agree on that dude

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

When Godzilla proper shows up in Vs. King Ghidorah I get goosebumps every time.
I also have to mention Destroy All Monsters. There's something great about the chill journey through all the kaiju on the island just going about their business.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:21 pm When Godzilla proper shows up in Vs. King Ghidorah I get goosebumps every time.
I also have to mention Destroy All Monsters. There's something great about the chill journey through all the kaiju on the island just going about their business.
Godzilla coming ashore in GvKG is one of the greatest scenes in the genre. I absolutely love the theme that plays then (it also works fantastically in G2K), and that shot of Godzilla passing by the farm. As much crap as I give Heisei, when it got things right, it got things right.

And yes, those monster roster scenes in the Showa series are so cool. That's something every series since has been lacking, is a good lineup of monsters active all at once. KOTM '19 set that up for the Monsterverse; hopefully future entries capitalize on it and give us a scene where Monarch is rattling off a list of active Titans or something.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Literally every entrence in ToMG. Holy shit there are some phenomenal entrances. There's Titano lurking in the dark water and pouncing on the sub, then coming out of the water in spectacular fashion, MG2 rising from the ground, and doing his awesome salute, and of course Godzilla coming from the shadows to save the day.

All 3 of those entrances also have fantastic themes playing to them.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Godzilla Aquatilis' first entrance is amazing. The sudden abrupt STOP of all the action that had been taking place beforehand, as if the world itself is standing still; the reinvention of the classic Godzilla theme, the incredible sense of scale and fluidness of Godzilla's movements, the closeup of his eyes were all superbly done. Gave me the deepest chills seeing it for the first time. Man, what a moment.

And his evolution into Godzilla Amphibia only sweetens the deal.

The same rings true for Godzilla Terrestris.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Monster X descending behind Godzilla after the massive explosion of the asteroid, the way it’s shot and with the music, is still as amazing as the first time I saw it. Same with Destoroyah’s Perfect Form bursting from the refinery. Biollante’s final form emerging from the ground is also glorious to behold.

King Ghidorah’s entrances in just about everything. Showa in GTTHM, Grand, GMK after getting charged by Mothra, KOTM, Planet Eater, they’re all absolutely amazing.

Also, Godzilla Earth in PoTM, after Filius’ death. The movie as a whole isn’t the best, but that fucking scene is chilling and awe-inspiring.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Godzilla in ToMG.
For Emperor and Empire!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:14 pm Monster X descending behind Godzilla after the massive explosion of the asteroid, the way it’s shot and with the music, is still as amazing as the first time I saw it. Same with Destoroyah’s Perfect Form bursting from the refinery. Biollante’s final form emerging from the ground is also glorious to behold.

King Ghidorah’s entrances in just about everything. Showa in GTTHM, Grand, GMK after getting charged by Mothra, KOTM, Planet Eater, they’re all absolutely amazing.

Also, Godzilla Earth in PoTM, after Filius’ death. The movie as a whole isn’t the best, but that skreeonking scene is chilling and awe-inspiring.
I am an open critic of the anime trilogy and dislike it as a whole, but even I'll admit Godzilla Earth's first appearance is a highlight. No other time had the utter hopeless dread of a Godzilla-related media dare I say hit harder than just the scope of what they were really up against. Godzilla felt like well, god.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Till this day, I think mine is still Godzilla’s in 1975.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Possibly my favorite Godzilla entrance ever: the reveal of Godzilla's second form in Shin Godzilla. The buildup from the first boat accident, to the sprouting of the tail, all the way to the darkly hilarious scene of the Prime Minister promising he can't come ashore--only for him to come a-skreeonking-shore and start trampling hundreds of people to death and destroying the city, is both well-written satire-wise and very eerie and suspenseful, all culminating in a moment of pure jaw-dropping "WHAT THE FU**!" as the movie reveals something that can be looked at equal parts goofy and comical-looking, or (and this is the one I feel personally) hideous and disturbing.

Just one of the near-countless pluses of this masterpiece of a movie.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

*Lizzie's big reveal as the mutant crocodile emerges from the Chicago River in RAMPAGE. With George and Ralph's rampage in Chicago unable to be stopped by the armed forces. A military technician saying an unidentified submerged object picked up on sonar. The commanding officer "We got no ships in that area." The one agent rolls his eyes realizing thing are about to get worse just before Lizzie emerges from the river.
*The Driller's first appearance in TRANSFORMERS:Dark of the Moon at Chernobyl.
*Mothra's first appearance in GODZILLA:TOKYO S*O*S. Trees, and high grass being caught in the tailwind of her passing on a Pacific Island. An American tracking station picking her up on radar, and scrambling a squad of jets to pursue the at the moment unidentified flying object. The squad coming up upon the still concealed Mothra in the clouds, and not responding to their hails. They start firing upon her. Then hear music, singing over their comms. Then the massive moth emerges from the clouds, still semi-concealed in the moonlit night.
*Cyber-Godzilla's reveal after being revived by the Leviathan Aliens in Part Two of GODZILLA:The Series big trilogy event, THE MONSTER WAR.
*The roster of mutations of mutations, monsters revealed at the end of Part One to GODZILLA:The Series', THE MONSTER WAR.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

The One and Only wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:04 pm -snip-
Honest question: why do you type the way you do?

I mean, all the colors makes the text more interesting to look at than others, but isn’t a bit too much effort for a Godzilla forum? :lol:
Last edited by Jermobooka on Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Jermobooka wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:11 pm

I mean, all the colors makes the text more interesting to look at than others, but isn’t a bit too much effort for a Godzilla forum? :lol:
I just like playing with all the tools the forum offers me.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

The One and Only wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:22 pm

me too man

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:29 pm
The One and Only wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:22 pm

me too man
They are pretty fun sometimes.

Also one of my favorite entrances is Destroyah's final form. The way it's framed and the music is so good.