Your personal Godzilla "Wish list"

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Your personal Godzilla "Wish list"

Post by Chrispy_G »

Just lay out any sort of 'wish list' you have for the franchise/character in any capacity.

I would like to see Toho treat the 70th anniversary of Godzilla like the most insane, reverent, monumental event possible...embracing and celebrating Godzilla of the past and setting the stage for the future.

The biggest thing I would want is for every film to have had their own 4K restoration completed. I'd love to see Toho establish connections with their various North American and International distribution rights holders of Godzilla films, and coordinate the 70th anniversary to be a year of significance.

Give every film in the series a 4K disc release(or at LEAST a new Blu Ray release struck from the 4K restorations) in North America, include as many 'English Versions' as possible, but also take a step further....and provide every theatrical cut with a brand new, professionally handled English Dub.

Include the Zone Fighter episodes that feature Godzilla or his co-stars SOMEWHERE in one of the releases as a bonus disc.

And of course...if we don't get a new Godzilla film in 2024, from either Legendary or Toho, that would be an absolute crime.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Voyager
Keizer

Re: Your personal Godzilla "Wish list"

Post by Voyager »

A Godzilla anthology anime retelling the events of some of the films across the decades.

I’m thinking G54, MvG, GTTHM, IoAM, DAM, Hedorah, Megalon, ToMG, G84, Biollante, Destoroyah, G2K, GMK, GxMG, GFW, and Shin would be the best, but any and all can be done.
For Emperor and Empire!

John Pannozzi
Monsterland Worker

Post by John Pannozzi »

Official North American releases of Godzilla and Toho-related manga (and some novels, ESPECIALLY the original Luminous Fairies & Mothra novel, and a few guidebooks like the one that Tomoyuki Tanaka helped write) translated into English.

Let Neca or Mezco do great articulated figures of many different Toho kaiju, hopefully including Mechani-Kong (provided the rights can be worked out).

A collection of many of the classic Godzilla video games that were originally produced by Toho, Bandai, Sega and Atari.
Friends don't lie.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

For one a stateside translation of The Art of Shin Godzilla. Viz has already done the same with stuff like the Zelda guides and the Mario encyclopedia. A stateside Bluray release of Singular Point is another must.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Kinda like the idea Voyager had (a Kaiju Anthology Anime) but with the following creatures/events in this order: Gojira,
Snowman, Rodan, Mothra, Dogora, Matango, Frankenstein Vs Oodako, WOTG, Ultraman, Gamera 65, War of the Monsters, King Kong Escapes, SOG, Latitude Zero, Space Amoeba, Gigan, Daigoro, Axor, KSI, Zone Fighter, Titanosaurus, TROG85, Biollante, Asuka Fortress, Bagan Vs Mothra & Battra, Rodan, The Gryphon, Gamera 1&3, Zilla98, DAM, Gamera Truth & 2000, Godzilla 2000, The Mysterians, Godzilla Vs Varan, Anguirus & Baragon, Godzilla Vs M, Gorath & Atragon(instead of FW), Godzilla attacks in 07, 09 & 2k11, Deathla, MUTOs, Gamera Vs Gyaos, Ebirah/Red Bamboo, Deathla's Return, Dagarah ruining Australia. Alot of what I just mentioned would just be lore, maybe subjected to novels like with the Anime Trilogy we have.

The parts I would be most interested in seeing in this actual show would be anything involving Zone Fighter(him & his family being the MCs) & the post DAM time stuff. Idk this is kinda just crazy fan fic stuff come to think of it.

As for more tangible things, blu-ray Spanish dub releases of every Godzilla film & The Rebirth of Mothra trilogy.
Last edited by Gojira1604 on Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

One wish will like to see a western-produced Godzilla animated series helmed by Genndy Tartakovsky. I also won't mind if Toho brought back more older monsters from the Showa era back, or even the Heisei era, ableit done justice with modern effects technology.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

A spiritual successor to Invasion of Astro Monster where the human technology is standard modern sci-fi aesthetics but the alien technology is still 60s retro-futurism.
He Jock it Made of Steel

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Self-contained, live-action Japanese trilogy with a consistent creative team film to film (director, writer, effects director), not unlike the Gamera trilogy. Godzilla is long overdue for that kind of treatment. (Not that I have a intense dislike for the anime trilogy but I don't think it counts.)

Would also be nice to see some monsters beyond resorting to the Big 5 yet again (give me Anguirus, Baragon, Varan, Hedorah, Gigan).