How would you make a Post apocalyptic Godzilla

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

How would you make a Post apocalyptic Godzilla

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Over the years there’s been a lot of fans out there that wanted a post apocalyptic Godzilla movie and I can’t say I blame them it’s an interesting concept that the Kaiju won the battle against earth defensive and now rule the planet. But there has been many different interpretations of this concept, so that’s why I made this thread to see many interpretations of this concept.
So if you were given a chance to make a post apocalyptic Godzilla movie what would it be?
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Re: How would you make a Post apocalyptic Godzilla

Post by Voyager »

A teen struggles to live in the desolate world ruled over by kaiju, until he makes a great discovery. Using an abandoned Kiryu unit, he makes his way across the world trying to find his lost family. Along the way, he encounters new friends to join his party, and fights many foes, all culminating in a final showdown with Godzilla, the “King” of Earth.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I already have a whole-ass storyline brewing through my head.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:39 pm I already have a whole-ass storyline brewing through my head.
Cool, what is it about?

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:08 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:39 pm I already have a whole-ass storyline brewing through my head.
Cool, what is it about?
An anthology series of different characters in different locations of the continent of North America, all dealing with surviving in a world where a second Godzilla, bigger and badder than his predecessor from 1954, has wiped out most of humanity—and in his wake, other monsters have been awoken through various means. And all our different human protagonists survive in a world where monsters rule the earth.

Added in 1 minute 20 seconds:
Some segments would be mostly about the humans with little or average monster/Godzilla screen time.

Other segments would be like Primal, with absolutely no dialogue and Godzilla, despite being the main villain, is also the main character.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I would have a world not destroyed by monsters, but by man. In their attempts to defend humanity against kaiju, they developed a super weapon that ended up causing severe environmental damage and wiped out human life in many areas. The kaiju were largely unaffected. 50 years after, one of the fortified communities is trying to reunite the fortified cities to better survive the kaiju which roam and world. The story mainly focuses on Ben and Tom, brothers who run a supply route between various cities. You also have Tina, a strong young woman who is engaged to Finn, leader of the largest city, as part of an alliance, but desires her own destiny. Finn provides the human villain, planning to use a recovered super weapon to kill the greatest kaiju, Godzilla, and make a name for himself.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

edgaguirus wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:51 pm I would have a world not destroyed by monsters, but by man. In their attempts to defend humanity against kaiju, they developed a super weapon that ended up causing severe environmental damage and wiped out human life in many areas. The kaiju were largely unaffected. 50 years after, one of the fortified communities is trying to reunite the fortified cities to better survive the kaiju which roam and world. The story mainly focuses on Ben and Tom, brothers who run a supply route between various cities. You also have Tina, a strong young woman who is engaged to Finn, leader of the largest city, as part of an alliance, but desires her own destiny. Finn provides the human villain, planning to use a recovered super weapon to kill the greatest kaiju, Godzilla, and make a name for himself.
Sounds kick-ass!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Many years ago, I wrote a fanfic on this.