Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
godjacob
Futurian

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by godjacob »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:12 pm
godjacob wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:08 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:02 pm

They weren't Spiral Rays. They were stronger than his blue breath but they weren't Spiral level.

Destroyah got one knock down and used his Lazer katana twice. Every other fight it was backing up or getting destroyed by Godzilla.

Added in 50 seconds:

You're first mistake was thinking I would be at an airport.
I'm assuming you are just choosing to ignore the scene Destoroyah drags Godzilla around by his tail, blasts him with his Micro Oxygen blasts from the sky or the bit where his multiple aggregate forms ganged up on Godzilla forcing him to use a pulse to blast them off. Yeah I didn't get the sense it was a one-sided ass kicking, Destoroyah hung with a much stronger Godzilla than the one SpaceGodzilla fought and tanked increasingly powerful atomic blasts till he got to critical levels.

Just saying if Destoroyah fought the same weaker Godzilla SpaceGodzilla did, Destoroyah would've destroyed him.
The tail drag is the same scene where Destroyah knocks Godzilla down. Destroyah wins Round 1 easily.

Godzilla then advances and gets cut twice, Godzilla fires his ray and busts Destroyah's chest open and advances on him and Destroyah falls over and breaks down. Round 2 Godzilla.

Round 3 Destroyah has to change tactics and try and group assault, Godzilla flings several Destroyah and eventually gets the up. Round 3 Godzilla.

Destroyah reforms and attacks Godzilla from the back and throws Godzilla again. Godzilla gets up and rains Spiral Rays to the point Destroyah chooses to run away.

It's not one sided but Destroyah is doing worse and worse as the fight goes on.

Destroyah against Normal Heisei Godzilla is debatable.
Because Godzilla was getting closer and closer to meltdown temperature and thus getting stronger? I feel you are overlooking the whole Burning Godzilla aspect to this fight in your analysis. The fact Destoroyah was winning any rounds and even still gave Godzilla some trouble even into "round 3" is impressive as hell and if you want to be technical the only reason Destoroyah even dies was not by Godzilla but by the military stepping in with anti-Destoroyah weapons.

Just saying it wouldn't really be much of a debate. Destroyah would murk regular Heisei Godzilla.
Last edited by godjacob on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

godjacob wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:26 pm
godjacob wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:08 pm

I'm assuming you are just choosing to ignore the scene Destoroyah drags Godzilla around by his tail, blasts him with his Micro Oxygen blasts from the sky or the bit where his multiple aggregate forms ganged up on Godzilla forcing him to use a pulse to blast them off. Yeah I didn't get the sense it was a one-sided ass kicking, Destoroyah hung with a much stronger Godzilla than the one SpaceGodzilla fought and tanked increasingly powerful atomic blasts till he got to critical levels.

Just saying if Destoroyah fought the same weaker Godzilla SpaceGodzilla did, Destoroyah would've destroyed him.
The tail drag is the same scene where Destroyah knocks Godzilla down. Destroyah wins Round 1 easily.

Godzilla then advances and gets cut twice, Godzilla fires his ray and busts Destroyah's chest open and advances on him and Destroyah falls over and breaks down. Round 2 Godzilla.

Round 3 Destroyah has to change tactics and try and group assault, Godzilla flings several Destroyah and eventually gets the up. Round 3 Godzilla.

Destroyah reforms and attacks Godzilla from the back and throws Godzilla again. Godzilla gets up and rains Spiral Rays to the point Destroyah chooses to run away.

Because Godzilla was getting closer and closer to meltdown temperature and thus getting stronger? I feel you are overlooking the whole Burning Godzilla aspect to this fight in your analysis. The fact Destoroyah was winning any rounds and even still gave Godzilla some trouble even into "round 3" is impressive as hell and if you want to be technical the only reason Destoroyah even dies was not by Godzilla but by the military stepping in with anti-Destoroyah weapons.

Just saying it wouldn't really be much of a debate. Destroyah would murk regular Heisei Godzilla.
Honestly I think people overhyped Burning Godzilla a bit. Burning Godzilla is like a battery that is always at full but his power up isn't substantial until he hits 1180.

I never saw him as magnitudes above his regular self to the point that Destroyah is magnitudes above SpaceGodzilla.

Destroyah might be stronger in raw power but the way he fights I'd give SpaceGodzilla and Godzilla a good chance againts Destroyah.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:58 pm Way I always saw it

Biollante is the new Godzilla. She is the Godzilla of the modern era made from the new most dangerous tech (genetic engineering vs nukes) and she differs in minor ways (comes from humans instead of being forever I conflict with them, direct opposition to the world like Godzilla vs more passive growing and defense when needed until Godzilla forces her to evolve into the Final Form, etc). She and Godzilla are the same and nearly meet peacefully but seem to like...instinctively realize there can only be one and clash.

Spacegodzilla is the twisted Godzilla. An evil twin. More directly wants to conquer the Earth and rule it, has brain vs his brawn, and literally sets off the plot by attempting to take Godzilla's son for himself. He is the worst of what Godzilla could be and that is why they fight.

Orga is the imposter Godzilla. A being that is envious of what Godzilla has and throws away nearly everything in a desperate attempt to gain it. It ends up being a dangerous foe but ends up being pathetic and tragic as it destroys it's whole civilization's achievements just to be close to Godzilla.
1. This is officially how i see all three of them now and i love it.
2. Where does Megaguirus fit into all of this?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:52 am
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:58 pm Way I always saw it

Biollante is the new Godzilla. She is the Godzilla of the modern era made from the new most dangerous tech (genetic engineering vs nukes) and she differs in minor ways (comes from humans instead of being forever I conflict with them, direct opposition to the world like Godzilla vs more passive growing and defense when needed until Godzilla forces her to evolve into the Final Form, etc). She and Godzilla are the same and nearly meet peacefully but seem to like...instinctively realize there can only be one and clash.

Spacegodzilla is the twisted Godzilla. An evil twin. More directly wants to conquer the Earth and rule it, has brain vs his brawn, and literally sets off the plot by attempting to take Godzilla's son for himself. He is the worst of what Godzilla could be and that is why they fight.

Orga is the imposter Godzilla. A being that is envious of what Godzilla has and throws away nearly everything in a desperate attempt to gain it. It ends up being a dangerous foe but ends up being pathetic and tragic as it destroys it's whole civilization's achievements just to be close to Godzilla.
1. This is officially how i see all three of them now and i love it.
2. Where does Megaguirus fit into all of this?
1. Thank you!
2. To me, Megaguirus isn't really a clone of Godzilla like them directly. She's more a rival to him, a fellow kaiju Monarch challenging his authority. Her stealing his powers is just a literal example of her usurper character.

RIP Evan.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:52 pm

Honestly I think people overhyped Burning Godzilla a bit. Burning Godzilla is like a battery that is always at full but his power up isn't substantial until he hits 1180.

I never saw him as magnitudes above his regular self to the point that Destroyah is magnitudes above SpaceGodzilla.

Destroyah might be stronger in raw power but the way he fights I'd give SpaceGodzilla and Godzilla a good chance againts Destroyah.
There is a difference between thinking something is overrated and giving like no actual factor at all which you seem to be doing. Burning Godzilla is more powerful than the regular Heisei Godzilla, it is literally its body overflowing with excess nuclear power so you can't just disregard it entirely and say regular Heisei would do as well as Burning G against Destoroyah.

Honestly fighting styles is why I personally put Destoroyah>SpaceGodzilla. SpaceGodzilla has zero melee options and is essentially a walking (Or at times "floating") statue where as Destoroyah is not only far more maneuverable but has options to attack on land, sea or air at will with reliable capacity. It would be a neat fight that KWC still hasn't done for some reason in a one on one but on top of being overall stronger Destoroyah has more combat options and greater durability as well as variety of abilities which I don't think SpaceGodzilla's superior defensive fortress could overcome.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

godjacob wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:18 am

There is a difference between thinking something is overrated and giving like no actual factor at all which you seem to be doing. Burning Godzilla is more powerful than the regular Heisei Godzilla, it is literally its body overflowing with excess nuclear power so you can't just disregard it entirely and say regular Heisei would do as well as Burning G against Destoroyah.

Honestly fighting styles is why I personally put Destoroyah>SpaceGodzilla. SpaceGodzilla has zero melee options and is essentially a walking (Or at times "floating") statue where as Destoroyah is not only far more maneuverable but has options to attack on land, sea or air at will with reliable capacity. It would be a neat fight that KWC still hasn't done for some reason in a one on one but on top of being overall stronger Destoroyah has more combat options and greater durability as well as variety of abilities which I don't think SpaceGodzilla's superior defensive fortress could overcome.
I'm not saying Burning G isn't more powerful, I'm saying I don't think Burning Godzilla is so powerful to the point that Heisei Godzilla couldn't defeat Destroyah.

Goku needed to Super saiyan to defeat Frieza in Dragonball, I don't think Heisei Godzilla would be screwed if he wasn't Burning Godzilla is all.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Burning Godzilla on a BioGoji body would look far better than what we got.
Last edited by Voyager on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Voyager wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:32 pm Burning Godzilla on a BioHoji body would look far better than what we got.
Biohoji?

Is that that the bollywood Godzilla version?

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:40 am

I'm not saying Burning G isn't more powerful, I'm saying I don't think Burning Godzilla is so powerful to the point that Heisei Godzilla couldn't defeat Destroyah.

Goku needed to Super saiyan to defeat Frieza in Dragonball, I don't think Heisei Godzilla would be screwed if he wasn't Burning Godzilla is all.
And your only evidence ot this is Godzilla winning gradually against Destoryah while he was getting hotter and stronger as the fight moved along. When you confessed Destoroyah won a round against Burning G and I pointed out he was still giving Godzilla problems all the way till meltdown mode.

I don't see much evidence regular Heisei Godzilla could beat Destoroyah. Honestly you could make a stronger argument of Regular Heisei beating Mechagodzilla or SpaceGodzilla given he was able to fight each and give each trouble in his regular mode over Destoroyah.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Voyager wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:32 pm Burning Godzilla on a BioHoji body would look far better than what we got.
True statement. I remember when I saw my first post-'91 Heisei movie (GvMG2) and the crushing experience of finding out that the Bio/Ghidogoji suit wasn't used for the whole series...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

goji89 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:35 pm
Biohoji?

I’m glad to say yes it is! In that movie, Hozilla fights Biolandra.
For Emperor and Empire!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Voyager wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:45 pm
goji89 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:35 pm
Biohoji?

I’m glad to say yes it is! In that movie, Hozilla fights Biolandra.
*Bollywood MUSIC INTENSEFIES!!!!*

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Damn now I want Bollywood Godzilla to be a real thing lol

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

godjacob wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:37 pm Damn now I want Bollywood Godzilla to be a real thing lol
Well we don't have Bollywood Godzilla but we do have this:

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

We also don't have Gogola, :cry:
He Jock it Made of Steel

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:40 pm We also don't have Gogola, :cry:
Hozilla vs Gogola when?

Added in 4 minutes 8 seconds:
When it comes, it better have twice the amount of risque dance sequences or I'm getting my money back!
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:05 pm
Jetty_Jags wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:40 pm We also don't have Gogola, :cry:
Hozilla vs Gogola when?

Added in 4 minutes 8 seconds:
When it comes, it better have twice the amount of risque dance sequences or I'm getting my money back!
If the whole film is censored by the CBFC, we riot
He Jock it Made of Steel

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

godjacob wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:39 pm

And your only evidence ot this is Godzilla winning gradually against Destoryah while he was getting hotter and stronger as the fight moved along. When you confessed Destoroyah won a round against Burning G and I pointed out he was still giving Godzilla problems all the way till meltdown mode.

I don't see much evidence regular Heisei Godzilla could beat Destoroyah. Honestly you could make a stronger argument of Regular Heisei beating Mechagodzilla or SpaceGodzilla given he was able to fight each and give each trouble in his regular mode over Destoroyah.
Godzilla isn't getting stronger, he has internal reactor is putting out more energy then he can use and is going to cause a explosion and then a meltdown.

He's basically a battery that stays at 100 and leaks energy put. When he hits 1180 is leaks enough energy to escape his body and turn his strongest Spiral ray on.

Destoroyah won a round through superior weight and flying, Godzilla was winning everything else. Destroyah is 20k ton bigger and 20 meters taller he should be able to knock Godzilla over.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:57 pm

Godzilla isn't getting stronger, he has internal reactor is putting out more energy then he can use and is going to cause a explosion and then a meltdown.

He's basically a battery that stays at 100 and leaks energy put. When he hits 1180 is leaks enough energy to escape his body and turn his strongest Spiral ray on.

Destoroyah won a round through superior weight and flying, Godzilla was winning everything else. Destroyah is 20k ton bigger and 20 meters taller he should be able to knock Godzilla over.
He did knock Godzilla over, more than once. He even dragged him around as if he was a ragdoll. And Godzilla was getting stronger, his atomic energy was overflowing and his Ray red upgraded to an Infinite Red Spiral Ray which is by far the strongest attack he ever uses in the Heisei films. To say he wasn't becoming stronger as he got closer to meltdown is very much a reach.

Not sure what else Destoroyah was supposed to do to impress you given the circumstances.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

godjacob wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:15 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:57 pm

He did knock Godzilla over, more than once. He even dragged him around as if he was a ragdoll. And Godzilla was getting stronger, his atomic energy was overflowing and his Ray red upgraded to an Infinite Red Spiral Ray which is by far the strongest attack he ever uses in the Heisei films. To say he wasn't becoming stronger as he got closer to meltdown is very much a reach.

Not sure what else Destoroyah was supposed to do to impress you given the circumstances.
Did you ignore where I said Godzilla doesn't get stronger until 1180 where is body can't contain the excess energy. His breath is stronger but not Spiral level untill he hates 1180. This isn't the thread but considering how strong Heisei Godzilla was anyway Burning Godzilla could just be Heisei Godzilla with a stronger breath and always at full power.

Heisei Godzilla would eventually grow weaker, Burning Godzilla always has fuel to power up. When he hits 1180 his power is too much for him to to hold and regenerate from and his Infinte Spiral Ray is unleashed.

Also Destroyah dragging Godzilla the way he did wasn't hard, Mothra and Battra did the same thing. Destroyah is bigger, heavier and can fly.

Destroyah did impress me it's just not this big unstoppable monster that gave Godzilla the fight of his life. Godzilla was in control of fight and only lacked a way to kill Destroyah.

Destroyah retreated from Godzilla and the humans even say Godzilla is stronger than they thought.

It is implied in film Destroyah would beat Heisei Godzilla I just don't think it would be easy for Destroyah.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image