Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly, SpaceGodzilla is a great monster. He just needs to be redesigned so that it doesn't look like his only diet is a McDonald's hamburger.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Spacegodzilla is a rad kaiju buoyed by an average design and name.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:40 am
Terasawa wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:36 am
miguelnuva wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:57 pm 72 water suit is the best Angurius lol.
That's the same costume they used from 1968 thru '74.
I've always had my doubts considering how dumpy, ugly and badly painted it looks. There are certain cuts back and forth to Angilas during the maser sequence where the two costumes looks nothing alike.

But I've never seen anything about a second Angilas suit being made, so it must be the same one.
Considering the condition the Angurius suit is in by 74 it might have been the same suit. I only said water suit as a joke because of who he looks in the water scenes.

Added in 1 minute 30 seconds:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:07 am Spacegodzilla is a rad kaiju buoyed by an average design and name.
I didn't know how much SpaceG looks like Heisei Godzilla untill I caught a clip of the movie again Yesterday. I knew they were close but the suits are almost twins.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Space Godzilla sucks. It sucks so bad his origin is all over the place.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

SG has an awesome design, don't know what everyone is talking about. Especially when in his crystal chasis.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

shadowgigan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:37 pm SG has an awesome design, don't know what everyone is talking about. Especially when in his crystal chasis.
Agreed. If he returns, I honestly would prefer if he looked basically the same but thinner.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

goji89 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:32 pm Space Godzilla sucks. It sucks so bad his origin is all over the place.
I’ll drink to that.

I just think that SpaceGodzilla is so dumb as a concept, and the product just proves it.
For Emperor and Empire!

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

I wouldn't be opposed to SpaceGodzilla returning in some form. If Toho can give the likes of Jet Jaguar a nice comeback, SG could be given one as well.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:07 am Spacegodzilla is a rad kaiju buoyed by an average design and name.
Yeah. Being blatantly ripped off of Supergodzilla really hurts the monster’s concept. You’d think a crystalline lifeform would look a bit more alien.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I don't get the appeal of Space Godzilla. The design is both lazy and ridiculous at the same time, and it stomps all over the design aesthetic the Heisei series was trying to hold on to at the time. It's an inane looking character, with a moronic non-origin, a rip off Gigan roar, and he barely gives Godzilla a tough fight. You never feel like SG put Godzilla's life in danger. It's popularity baffles me.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:51 pm and he barely gives Godzilla a tough fight. You never feel like SG put Godzilla's life in danger.
Everything else you said is personal opinion, and that's fine.. but did you not see him toss Godzilla around like a ragdoll and knock him down with literally one Corona Beam?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Spuro wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:42 pm
Yeah. Being blatantly ripped off of Supergodzilla really hurts the monster’s concept. You’d think a crystalline lifeform would look a bit more alien.
Given the short span of time the staff had to make the movie, can't say I blame them. Apparently the Super Godzilla design was very well received, and it could easily be tweaked into an enemy monster, which is how it ended up being used as the base.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Down with Spacegodzilla
Burn it down
Burn it to the ground
Let his ashes go the way of the Biollante spores into space never to be heard from again.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

#SpaceGodzillaBad
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

goji89 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:03 pm Let his ashes go the way of the Biollante spores into space never to be heard from again.
Must suck for you then because that means Biollante ain't coming back either! :P

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:08 pm
goji89 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:03 pm Let his ashes go the way of the Biollante spores into space never to be heard from again.
Must suck for you then because that means Biollante ain't coming back either! :P
Biollante is NOT Space-dodo-godzilla.

Biollante knew what humanity would turn into and scooted her fat ass off this planet, only stupid thing she did was leave my ass here.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Yeah whatever you say Goji lol

Since we're on the topic of Godzilla clones anyway, i just gotta say: Orga is BY FAR the best of all of them.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:28 pm Yeah whatever you say Goji lol

Since we're on the topic of Godzilla clones anyway, i just gotta say: Orga is BY FAR the best of all of them.
Orga was pretty good and very different just a unique kaiju.

There's one thing that puzzled me......how the funk was he going to swallow Goji with them sharp huge ass scutes?

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

goji89 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:46 pm There's one thing that puzzled me......how the funk was he going to swallow Goji with them sharp huge ass scutes?
He wasn't. The boy was just plain stupid.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I think he intended to absorb him rather than "swallow" as we understand it.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.