What is the most creepy/scary Godzilla Media in your Opinion?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

What is the most creepy/scary Godzilla Media in your Opinion?

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I sort of wonder about this, Godzilla Isn’t associated with the horror aspects, but if there’s some sort of Godzilla media out there that generally creep/scare you?

SoggyNoodles2016

Re: What is the most creepy/scary Godzilla Media in your Opinion?

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:54 pm
Godzilla Isn’t associated with the horror aspects
Wat.

Godzilla literally started as a horror movie.

And the entire genre of monster movie is a subgenre of horror.

Anyway, the scene in GMK where Godzilla stops dead and zooms in on the woman who screams before beelining for her has always haunted me. What a terrifying concept, something so massive, powerful, so unstoppable and and you've caught it's attention and it's coming for you specifically . Shivers every time. It's been done before in the MV and Daimajin but this is still the most effective use imo.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Godzilla vs Hedorah. Just about everything to do with Hedorah himself, from his introduction to the Flying Form’s rampage to how the final form brutalizes Godzilla, downright frightening.

Runner ups are GvB when Biollante attacked the agents in the lab and GvD, the SWAT teams vs Destoroyah Juveniles.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

After the original, Hedorah has always stood out to me as one of the most horror-focused entries in the series. It's definitely an indulgence in both the abject and the uncanny.

I mean, the on-screen body count is the highest since the original, the effects of Hedorah’s pollution on victims – skeletonized, survivors suffering scarring and disfigurement – are presented graphically, and the threat is not limited to extras or minor characters.

The style of the flick, with weird psychedelic lapses and an almost unstable reality, is also unsettling in a way unique within the series. It’s as if Hedorah’s presence – and/or the pollution that brought Hedorah to Earth – constitutes an attack on the nature of our world, shifting forces out of alignment, altering our very perception.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Godzilla 1984 scared me as a kid.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Godzilla 84 is the only monster in the entire genre that gives me the willies. It's the film's foreboding atmosphere combined with the music, the horrifying roar, and an intimidating suit.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The Shockirus from 84 is one. The attack combined with the ship's unsettling atmosphere create a genuine horror moment.

Hedorah has moments in it that mimic The Blob. The nightclub scene has the living sludge descending the stairs and terrifying all. But then you have the car scene; Sludge begins pouring down the wind shield, and our characters barely have time to get out before the car is engulfed by Hedorah.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.