The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

goji89 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:11 pm The best thing to ever happen to this fandom is ME.

Change my mind.
Well.....I don't think any of us can deny that.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:08 pm
goji89 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:11 pm The best thing to ever happen to this fandom is ME.

Change my mind.
Oh Thegarbagemonster, I think you're trying to seduce me... :oops:

*God I hope you guy's know that quote or else I'm gonna look Like a creeper, ah yeah d'oh*

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

goji89 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:46 pm

*God I hope you guy's know that quote or else I'm gonna look Like a creeper, ah yeah d'oh*
The Graduate, right...? :|

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:14 am

The Graduate, right...? :|
Oh Thank God ......*phew*

:lol:

Well, this was cringe in of itself, my work is done.

Goodnight folks. See you in the funny pages.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:08 pm

Change my mind.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I will say that Goji89 has a cool avatar.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

edgaguirus wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:45 pm I will say that Goji89 has a cool avatar.
Is it cringe? Or you just spitting out facts?

Because my avatar is the best in all of TK. Never changed it since I've been here.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

goji89 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:05 pm
edgaguirus wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:45 pm I will say that Goji89 has a cool avatar.

Because my avatar is the best in all of TK. Never changed it since I've been here.
Only the facts.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

edgaguirus wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:07 pm
goji89 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:05 pm

Only the facts.
You, I like you.

A man of culture.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

goji89 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:05 pmNever changed it since I've been here.
if you did I would fear the end times
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Gigantis wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:07 pm Ever since i heard of Deadzilla being a creep i actually refuse watching his older videos, despite the fact they actually mean a lot to me since they kept my interest in Godzilla high during the drought phase. I don't need to remind myself that i use to be a supporter of that monster.
The whole Deadzilla thing was a surprise to me, but I never really understood why so many people loved him to begin with. His videos were subpar and he had a big ego that he flexed on lesser-known content creators. I dipped once he started making videos ragging on other YouTubers that he didn't feel were "quality" (I think it was GodzillaFilms? It was a pretty harmless channel from what I recall). The whole thing was pathetic.

I'll still post on YouTube occasionally, but mostly do it for myself to share obscure content. A lot of the Godzilla-related stuff has reached a hard to watch level for me... some of those guys are cool and know when to "put it away", but a lot of them act out too much and make the casual fan look bad. You've also got to keep in mind that if you have a mostly-child audience... they're going to emulate whatever it is you put out there.
Last edited by Creature22 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Creature22 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:49 am
Gigantis wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:07 pm Ever since i heard of Deadzilla being a creep i actually refuse watching his older videos, despite the fact they actually mean a lot to me since they kept my interest in Godzilla high during the drought phase. I don't need to remind myself that i use to be a supporter of that monster.
The whole Deadzilla thing was a surprise to me, but I never really understood why so many people loved him to begin with. His videos were subpar and he had a big ego that he flexed on lesser-known content creators. I dipped once he started making videos ragging on other YouTubers that he didn't feel were "quality" (I think it was GodzillaFilms? It was a pretty harmless channel from what I recall). The whole thing was pathetic.

I'll still post on YouTube occasionally, but mostly do it for myself to share obscure content. A lot of the Godzilla-related stuff has reached a hard to watch level for me... some of those guys are cool and know when to "put it away", but a lot of them act out too much and make the casual fan look bad. You've also got to keep in mind that if you have a mostly-child audience... they're going to emulate whatever it is you put out there.
This isn't true of all of them of course but I feel like alot of Godzilla/kaiju content producers tend to get a bit of an ego or self obsession complex. It stops being about the films and becomes all about THEIR opinions on said films or products plus whatever community drama is going on. I would however HIGHLY recommend Monstrosities on youtube just recently found his channel and he's made some really incredible videos on the production history of singular point.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Hey does everyone remember this video? I didn’t watch it but I saw the thumbnail and title, And I thought to myself who thinks like?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Literally just saw a drawing of Mei Kamino getting tickle-tortured. Deviants never fail to ruin my day... or night... or extremely early morning... or non-specific ti-whatever, I need to go to sleep.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I'm not surprised by artist come up with, especially when it comes to female characters.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

A lot of the MonsterVerse's costume merch is quite bad to me.
Last edited by Al Diplodocus on Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:22 pm A lot of the MonsterVerse's costume merch is quite bad to me.
We all remember that G14 costume for kids.
For Emperor and Empire!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Meh. They aren't great but I'm just happy they exist. I would have KILLED for those as a kid.

RIP Evan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:49 pm Meh. They aren't great but I'm just happy they exist. I would have KILLED for those as a kid.
This. The best I could ever find was a crappy (probably bootleg) GINO mask that didn't have eye holes.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Voyager wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:59 pm
Al Diplodocus wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:22 pm A lot of the MonsterVerse's costume merch is quite bad to me.
We all remember that G14 costume for kids.
Yeah… funny thing is I actually wore it for Halloween when I was young