Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Post Reply
User avatar
Jermobooka
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:22 pm
Location: Somewheeeere over the rainbow

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by Jermobooka »

_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:34 pm LMG being a good design is still the popular opinion lol.

Image
Yup. Most people really like it. Most people really like the MV designs in general lol there are a few...outliers, though
BioGoji’s the best!
Which is exactly why you should vote for BioGoji here!
C’mon now, Overrated-Geezer-Mc-Googly-Eyes is beating him for some godforsaken reason and we need your help!!

Image

User avatar
goji89
Sazer
Posts: 12459
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by goji89 »

Voyager wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:47 pm LMG sucks Mecha balls IMO. Just as bad as the knock-off RPO version.
You had me with "sucks mecha balls" but then lost me with "kockoff RPO version".

LMG is a piece of crap yes, but RPO kicks LMG's mecha ballz anyday of the week and twice on Tuesdays.

User avatar
Voyager
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2890
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:34 pm
Location: Urban Sydney

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by Voyager »

Jermobooka wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:53 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:34 pm LMG being a good design is still the popular opinion lol.

Image
Yup. Most people really like it. Most people really like the MV designs in general lol there are a few...outliers, though
Most people who aren’t Toho Elitists like me and some of the older members.

Added in 1 minute 34 seconds:
goji89 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:55 pm
Voyager wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:47 pm LMG sucks Mecha balls IMO. Just as bad as the knock-off RPO version.
You had me with "sucks mecha balls" but then lost me with "kockoff RPO version".

LMG is a piece of crap yes, but RPO kicks LMG's mecha ballz anyday of the week and twice on Tuesdays.
I said he’s just as bad as the trashy RPO knockoff. Not that he’s an RPO knockoff. They’re both bad. But I agree, I now realise RPO is worse.
Last edited by Voyager on Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will serve the nation and protect it, preserving the freedom and liberty all citizens have the right to. For Australia! For Democracy!
Image

User avatar
goji89
Sazer
Posts: 12459
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by goji89 »

Voyager wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:58 pm
Jermobooka wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:53 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:34 pm LMG being a good design is still the popular opinion lol.

Image
Yup. Most people really like it. Most people really like the MV designs in general lol there are a few...outliers, though
Most people who aren’t Toho Elitists like me and some of the older members.

Added in 1 minute 34 seconds:
goji89 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:55 pm
Voyager wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:47 pm LMG sucks Mecha balls IMO. Just as bad as the knock-off RPO version.
You had me with "sucks mecha balls" but then lost me with "kockoff RPO version".

LMG is a piece of crap yes, but RPO kicks LMG's mecha ballz anyday of the week and twice on Tuesdays.
I said he’s just as bad as the trashy RPO knockoff. Not that he’s an RPO knockoff. They’re both bad. But I agree, I now realise RPO is worse.
I didn't say you said LGM was an RPO knock-off fool. I said you lost me with you saying RPO was the knock-off.

Who hurt you today? Wanna talk about it?

User avatar
godjacob
G-Grasper
Posts: 1383
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:16 am

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by godjacob »

goji89 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:42 pm
godjacob wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:27 pm
But are you actually sorry? I am not sure you are.
Don't you dare question my remorsefulness in having to break, destroy and piss on the imagination and innocence of the kaiju world to the kids on this forum.
Sounds like what somebody without remorse would say as a cover ;)
Jermobooka wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:53 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:34 pm LMG being a good design is still the popular opinion lol.

Image
Yup. Most people really like it. Most people really like the MV designs in general lol there are a few...outliers, though
Haven't gotten that opinion yet in this thread or in most circles. If anything here MV Mecha G is a piece of garbage seems to be the growing consensus.
Image

User avatar
Cryptid_Liker
Futurian
Posts: 3830
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:53 am

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

MV MG is... okay. It's sorely missing its crest, the uncloseable mouth looks stupid, and there's just waytoo much detail on its armor.
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
ShodaiGoji needs your help! The tyrant known as BioGoji is going to usurp the throne of best Godzilla! Fight on our side to show Bio who's king! Vote for ShodaiGoji now!
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31329

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkvrqD ... 56sscldxTw

My DeviantArt: http://www.deviantart.com/zettotitan

My Wikizilla Profile: https://wikizilla.org/wiki/User:Gorogera

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/tokuholic

User avatar
_JNavs_
Keizer
Posts: 8631
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by _JNavs_ »

godjacob wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:24 pm Haven't gotten that opinion yet in this thread or in most circles. If anything here MV Mecha G is a piece of garbage seems to be the growing consensus.
Then you're showing your own bias lol. Just frequent the MV threads. Voyager does not speak for the entire fanbase. I count maybe 3 people in this current thread, tops, who seriously hate the MV design.

Also, saying "most circles" in regards to such a large fandom is like saying "i know Infinity War is bad because I asked 5 marvel fans". Doesn't register, nor can it even begin to fathom as a "growing consensus".
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
goji89
Sazer
Posts: 12459
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by goji89 »

I think people are just enamored with how it manhandled Godzilla more than anything, instead of it's actual design. Give it a few months after the hype to see the true consensus lol.

Added in 2 minutes 38 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:26 pm
godjacob wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:24 pm Haven't gotten that opinion yet in this thread or in most circles. If anything here MV Mecha G is a piece of garbage seems to be the growing consensus.
Then you're showing your own bias lol. Just frequent the MV threads. Voyager does not speak for the entire fanbase. I count maybe 3 people in this current thread, tops, who seriously hate the MV design.

Also, saying "most circles" in regards to such a large fandom is like saying "i know Infinity War is bad because I asked 5 marvel fans". Doesn't register, nor can it even begin to fathom as a "growing consensus".
Dude, it is a growing consensus in not liking this MG. Just because you love it and don't want to see the other side doesn't make it untrue. I know other fans and most didn't like it as well, not loathe it just thought it was bad design.

User avatar
Voyager
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2890
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:34 pm
Location: Urban Sydney

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by Voyager »

goji89 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:05 pm
Voyager wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:58 pm
Jermobooka wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:53 pm

Yup. Most people really like it. Most people really like the MV designs in general lol there are a few...outliers, though
Most people who aren’t Toho Elitists like me and some of the older members.

Added in 1 minute 34 seconds:
goji89 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:55 pm

You had me with "sucks mecha balls" but then lost me with "kockoff RPO version".

LMG is a piece of crap yes, but RPO kicks LMG's mecha ballz anyday of the week and twice on Tuesdays.
I said he’s just as bad as the trashy RPO knockoff. Not that he’s an RPO knockoff. They’re both bad. But I agree, I now realise RPO is worse.
I didn't say you said LGM was an RPO knock-off fool. I said you lost me with you saying RPO was the knock-off.

Who hurt you today? Wanna talk about it?
RPO looks like a knockoff Mechagodzilla in general, fool. Like it’s not even Mechagodzilla while also attempting to be MG.
Last edited by Voyager on Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will serve the nation and protect it, preserving the freedom and liberty all citizens have the right to. For Australia! For Democracy!
Image

User avatar
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer
Posts: 10977
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 am
Location: The Planet Trade HQ
Contact:

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

MVMG is bland AF but I've seen way worse.

Added in 2 minutes 6 seconds:
Then again I'm only going by the toys.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
Image
Image

User avatar
Cryptid_Liker
Futurian
Posts: 3830
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:53 am

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

The war's happening!

Added in 1 minute 31 seconds:
goji89 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:31 pm I think people are just enamored with how it manhandled Godzilla more than anything, instead of it's actual design.
Exactly.
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
ShodaiGoji needs your help! The tyrant known as BioGoji is going to usurp the throne of best Godzilla! Fight on our side to show Bio who's king! Vote for ShodaiGoji now!
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31329

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkvrqD ... 56sscldxTw

My DeviantArt: http://www.deviantart.com/zettotitan

My Wikizilla Profile: https://wikizilla.org/wiki/User:Gorogera

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/tokuholic

User avatar
godjacob
G-Grasper
Posts: 1383
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:16 am

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by godjacob »

Is this the war they talked about in Godzilla vs. Kong?
Image

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4977
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I'm going to just drop in quickly because the comment about Monsterverse designs being beloved that whatever you think on the designs, the Monsterverse is easily some of the best takes on these CHARACTERS in years.

I'll go now. Don't fight too much boys, I don't want to get ModdyNoodles on ya.

Added in 47 seconds:
godjacob wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:03 am Is this the war they talked about in Godzilla vs. Kong?
Yes, but that means we need a Mechagodzilla to unite them.

somebody insult Shin Godzilla so we can get a Shin stan in on this.
Image

#TeamMothra
#SheDoesn'tFight,JustHasANiceDayAndIsDisappointedInTheLackOfChill

User avatar
Gigantis
Keizer
Posts: 7976
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Nebula of the Orion

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:35 am I'm going to just drop in quickly because the comment about Monsterverse designs being beloved that whatever you think on the designs, the Monsterverse is easily some of the best takes on these CHARACTERS in years.

I'll go now. Don't fight too much boys, I don't want to get ModdyNoodles on ya.
I mean, why would i fight? It's true... well except Rodan. I don't like how they made him the kaiju version of Starscream.
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

User avatar
_JNavs_
Keizer
Posts: 8631
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by _JNavs_ »

I can't look at Shin without thinking of a burnt meatball. He's almost as fast as one too.

Image
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
godjacob
G-Grasper
Posts: 1383
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:16 am

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by godjacob »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:39 am
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:35 am I'm going to just drop in quickly because the comment about Monsterverse designs being beloved that whatever you think on the designs, the Monsterverse is easily some of the best takes on these CHARACTERS in years.

I'll go now. Don't fight too much boys, I don't want to get ModdyNoodles on ya.
I mean, why would i fight? It's true... well except Rodan's cowardly nature, i don't like that still.
Cowardly? 95% of Titans across the world bowed to Ghidorah without a fight, Rodan charged beak first to fight the Alpha Titan and had to be beaten down in order to bend the knee. Doesn't scream cowardly to me.
Image

User avatar
Gigantis
Keizer
Posts: 7976
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Nebula of the Orion

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by Gigantis »

godjacob wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:43 am
Cowardly? 95% of Titans across the world bowed to Ghidorah without a fight, Rodan charged beak first to fight the Alpha Titan and had to be beaten down in order to bend the knee. Doesn't scream cowardly to me.
Yeah i rephrased that, i don't like how they pretty much made him the kaiju version of Starscream where he gets beaten and suddenly ends up becoming a loyal servant. That's never how i viewed Rodan, i prefer to see him as a independent monster who doesn't bend his knee to anything. Honestly Kong's refusal to bow in GVK was what i wish Rodan was.
Image

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

User avatar
godjacob
G-Grasper
Posts: 1383
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:16 am

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by godjacob »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:50 am
godjacob wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:43 am
Cowardly? 95% of Titans across the world bowed to Ghidorah without a fight, Rodan charged beak first to fight the Alpha Titan and had to be beaten down in order to bend the knee. Doesn't scream cowardly to me.
Yeah i rephrased that, i don't like how they pretty much made him the kaiju version of Starscream where he gets beaten and suddenly ends up becoming a loyal servant. That's never how i viewed Rodan, i prefer to see him as a independent monster who doesn't bend his knee to anything. Honestly Kong's refusal to bow in GVK was what i wish Rodan was.
Pick one.
Image

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4977
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

No offense, Gigantis, I just need to rant and you brought it up lol, but I HATE the Starscream comparison for LP's Rodan.

Starscream is a bastard who schemes to overthrow Megatron and backstab anyone who would stop him, only putting a facade of pure loyalty when he's cornered.

Rodan is a wild card who just knows when he's facing someone who would END HIS ASS if he tried anything, knows to kneel and follow what they say.

I'd compare him to Grimlock more then anything, especially the film version where Prime had to knock him into submisson to make him listen.
Image

#TeamMothra
#SheDoesn'tFight,JustHasANiceDayAndIsDisappointedInTheLackOfChill

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 16224
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by UltramanGoji »

Literally every person who makes the Starscream comparison seems like they've never seen a single Transformers show or movie.
Image

Post Reply