GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Re: Help get Biollante on R1 DVD 2.0

Post by Gojira-Fan »

SteveRGR wrote:
mxg744 wrote:I'm not going to get dubs for these, mostly because of personal preference, but also because dubbing is quite a bit more expensive.
Does this mean there will be no English dub? Because, if so, that would be extremely disappointing. I mean, I can get the japanese dub on DVD just fine, I'm hoping for an english dub I can have on disc since that's the one that's really unavailable. If I'm misunderstanding, I'm sorry for the confusion.
I think he means no dubs for the special features.

SteveRGR
GPN Volunteer

Post by SteveRGR »

Gojira-Fan wrote:
SteveRGR wrote:
mxg744 wrote:I'm not going to get dubs for these, mostly because of personal preference, but also because dubbing is quite a bit more expensive.
Does this mean there will be no English dub? Because, if so, that would be extremely disappointing. I mean, I can get the japanese dub on DVD just fine, I'm hoping for an english dub I can have on disc since that's the one that's really unavailable. If I'm misunderstanding, I'm sorry for the confusion.
I think he means no dubs for the special features.
Oh, yeah, that would make a lot more sense ^^;
Daddy's home. Cake. Every. Night.

KeizerKing81
Yojimbo

Post by KeizerKing81 »

mxg744 wrote:
KeizerKing81 wrote:I'm certain that Toho can charge a fee as well even if they don't supply the materials. Media Blasters used a great deal of items from Ed's personal collection and that's what got them into hot water because none of those extras were approved by Toho. Toho will have to give the ok for whatever additional content they wish to use for the disc and in addition, probably charge Miramax/EchoBridge for it.
I am no expert on this... I've only been doing my job since 2004... I've never heard of Company A charging Company B for content created by Company C just because it was packaged with content from Company A. I do believe you are right on the approval part. Different contracts include different clauses and details about what can be done with the licensor's content. Luckily our contract does not extend to giving Toho approval on our disc. We rarely give any licensor full 'veto' approval so that we can release product that fits our customer base and our knowledge of what that customer base wants. (Some producers and content owners are a little disconnected to say the least)

I did email Mr Godziszewski on the 12th, but I have not heard back from him.

It does look like Toho is clearing the bonus content from their BD release for us to use on our domestic release. I will be sending it out as soon as we get final word on what's approved for subtitling. I'm not going to get dubs for these, mostly because of personal preference, but also because dubbing is quite a bit more expensive.

@GodzillaFreak99/Matthew Bennett
Yes, read the last couple pages of this thread :) we do not have a release date yet, but both a DVD and BD will happen.

As a general update, we still have not received the HDCAMSR in our vault. Apparently the English track the Miramax is trying to lay back against this master is not fitting perfectly so they are still working on it. I do have the HBO laserdisc, Hong Kong Laserdisc, and R3 DVD all waiting on hand in case we need them for reference.

Other than that, nothing much to say.
Nice to know Toho has approved the extras for their bluray to be ported to the Echobridge bluray. I'm guessing they just send all the materials to Miramax who in turn, sends them straight to you, correct? Any idea as to what extras the dvd might include as I know you suggested it probably won't have what the bluray has to offer. Just curious - that's all. :D Again, thanks again for all your efforts and I do appreciate you keeping us in the loop as to what's going on.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

mxg744 wrote: And just doing the opening and end credits... what is different about those in the english print from the international print? Am I forgetting something?
I think many would appreciate the addition of the English credits, actually. Most people in the U.S. were first exposed to the film via HBO's VHS and LaserDisc releases from 20 years back, and those credits add to the nostalgia for a lot of folks.

If the costs isn't too high and within budget, I strongly encourage transferring at least the beginning and end credits from a 35mm source. :D
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

I don't see how it would be that difficult to include the credits as an extra or something. I'd be more interested in seeing them rather than the film's trailers. The trailers can all be found on YouTube, but if somebody uploads GvsB's opening credits in English, their account gets taken down.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Media Blasters included the English credits (AIP and international) on the BD release of DESTROY ALL MONSTERS, and they were going to do the same thing with MEGALON before it devolved into a "barbones" release.

I realize it's not something that everyone is going to care about, but since it was brought up by mxg744 to begin with, I wanted to put in my two cents. Considering this is being planned as a extras-laden release, I don't see why adding them would hurt if it was within the budget.

I couldn't care less about the HD trailer to BIOLLANTE. It was uploaded in 1080p by a Japanese fan years ago, and is still up on Youtube.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Crimson_Raptor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Crimson_Raptor »

Is there anyone here that is on the inside at Media Blasters or Tokyo Shock and see if they could, or at least considered to, pull off the impossible and obtain rights to Biollante? It seems as if they could get thru the AIP dub mess of DAM, then it should be just as viable? After all, Godzilla vs Biollante is not just the most original of the Godzilla films, but also the stars the beginning of the best internationally recognizable suit of Godzilla.
"Reach for the high apples first; you can get the low ones any time."

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

..BIOLLANTE is already in the hands of Echo Bridge.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

I realize there hasn't been an official announcement yet, but think it's about time the topic of this thread was changed to "GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE coming soon to DVD/BD from Echo Bridge" so that people aren't blinding posting 'X company should try to get the rights'. I sincerely doubt we're getting trolled here. Mxg 744 seems very legit.

KeizerKing81
Yojimbo

Post by KeizerKing81 »

Crimson_Raptor wrote:Is there anyone here that is on the inside at Media Blasters or Tokyo Shock and see if they could, or at least considered to, pull off the impossible and obtain rights to Biollante? It seems as if they could get thru the AIP dub mess of DAM, then it should be just as viable? After all, Godzilla vs Biollante is not just the most original of the Godzilla films, but also the stars the beginning of the best internationally recognizable suit of Godzilla.
I believe Biollante is in very capable hands with Echobridge/Miramax and let's keep it that way.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Goji wrote:I realize there hasn't been an official announcement yet, but think it's about time the topic of this thread was changed to "GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE coming soon to DVD/BD from Echo Bridge" so that people aren't blinding posting 'X company should try to get the rights'. I sincerely doubt we're getting trolled here. Mxg 744 seems very legit.
Yeah I say just "Godzilla vs Biollante DVD/Blu-Ray" and see what happens in the coming months.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

I see a lot of bootleg version of Godzilla Vs Biollante floating around. I was going to get one but I will hold off if it is going to get a legitimate release sometime soon (within the next year or two).
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

Crimson_Raptor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Crimson_Raptor »

KeizerKing81 wrote:I believe Biollante is in very capable hands with Echobridge/Miramax and let's keep it that way.
Why is that? Hasn't Miramax been sitting on the fence for far too long? Do we know if they have any history of releasing any giant monster dvds and in decent condition?

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Dude, Echo Bridge entertainment have the rights to the film. They are prepping a DVD and Blu-ray release.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Crimson_Raptor- please feel free to take your time and look back at the last few pages of this thread. There is an employee from Echo Bridge who uses the screen name mxg744. He has been kind enought to provide us information on the progress of a proposed DVD/BRD release.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

KeizerKing81
Yojimbo

Post by KeizerKing81 »

Crimson_Raptor wrote:
KeizerKing81 wrote:I believe Biollante is in very capable hands with Echobridge/Miramax and let's keep it that way.
Why is that? Hasn't Miramax been sitting on the fence for far too long? Do we know if they have any history of releasing any giant monster dvds and in decent condition?
Since ownership of the Miramax library changed hands a couple of years ago, the plan was to release the entire library on DVD/Bluray. 500+ Miramax titles have been entrusted to Lionsgate for release while 200+ have been entrusted to Echobridge for release. Biollante happens to be in the group of titles that Echobridge has acquired and they're trying to put out a dvd/bluray release with the best materials available. If you travel back to page 24 of this thread.....and read from that point on.....it should catch you up to speed on what's going on with this release.

Also the last thing we want is for Media Blasters to touch something like this as the only thing they've managed to do is make Toho angry and almost bankrupt themselves in the process.

Starsteam
Keizer

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE Upcoming DVD/BD from Echo Bridge

Post by Starsteam »

So Echo Bridge has it, eh? Wonder how many multi-movie packs this one will get released on.

I only own one EB Blu-ray, which is Halloween H20 but the quality was decent and not as grainy as most of their DVDs. I'm not sure how good their GvBio release will be, but I'm rooting for it's release.

Crimson_Raptor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Crimson_Raptor »

Goji wrote:Dude, Echo Bridge entertainment have the rights to the film. They are prepping a DVD and Blu-ray release.
Dude, I was was going by what KeizerKing81 stated:
o.supreme wrote:feel free to take your time and look back at the last few pages of this thread.
Thank you for pointing that out, lol.
o.supreme wrote:There is an employee from Echo Bridge who uses the screen name mxg744.
Yes but, you never know. We can always be optimistic. No matter the case, the demand for this film is out the door and into the street and around the block. The last one to have that kind of demand was Destroy All Monsters but now that it has been released, not everyone who wanted one, got one (myself included as of this writing).
KeizerKing81 wrote:Also the last thing we want is for Media Blasters to touch something like this as the only thing they've managed to do is make Toho angry and almost bankrupt themselves in the process.
This seems to be the case with their Destroy All Monsters release, and why they aren't supporting any backorders.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Crimson_Raptor wrote:
o.supreme wrote:feel free to take your time and look back at the last few pages of this thread.
Thank you for pointing that out, lol.
If you read the last several pages, you will see that mxg (the employee from Echo Bridge) has explained, in detail, the materials they are working with. The release will satisfy 99.9% of you out there. Toho's HD master of BIOLLANTE is one of their best, so I don't think you have much to worry about at all.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE Upcoming DVD/BD from Echo Bridge

Post by goji1986 »

starsteam wrote:So Echo Bridge has it, eh? Wonder how many multi-movie packs this one will get released on.

I only own one EB Blu-ray, which is Halloween H20 but the quality was decent and not as grainy as most of their DVDs. I'm not sure how good their GvBio release will be, but I'm rooting for it's release.
Seriously, dude, go back and read this thread. The guy from Echobridge is trying his best to make this a decent release and is listening to our input.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132