What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year? (ver. 1)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Re: What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year?

Post by ゴジラ »

JVM wrote:Why? We have twenty-nine films already, most of which are crap anyway. Why taint Godzilla's legacy any further?
Most? Not really. But a decent handful? Somewhat true, they aren't as solid as expected. I wouldn't call them "crap" though, just not very solid.
I still hope and want this film to keep going and see the light of day.

Looking at things now, I have to say that I haven't noticed the time that has flown by. The last scrap of informing news was March 13, its been over a month since then. Hopefully some news will eventually come out.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

The way I see it, this film will either "save" Godzilla, or kill him for good.

Considering his reputation already seems to be in the pits, there's not much to lose, and worth the risk.

Viva la revolucion!
Samurai

Post by Viva la revolucion! »

I hope they release the press design for all the script and stuff, probably like the director and what the movie is about with characters, monster design and what monster will Godzilla fight.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

The director is Gareth Edwards -- unless something has changed and we don't know it yet.

Viva la revolucion!
Samurai

Yes but try to see it likes this: Edwards is enthuastic about the project. The project hasn't avanced significantly in the last months. Edwards isn't allowed to write the script. The script they already have has been rewritten god knows how many times. Edwards grows impatient. Toho keeps putting restrictions and crap because of the 1998 Godzilla. Edwards gets tired and leaves the project so he doesn't get stuck in a limbo.

Viva la revolucion!
Samurai

Oh thank god. Edwards is a great director, and it would sad to see him replaced by a talentless hack.

Viva la revolucion!
Samurai

I've also seen Edward's shorts, which were kinda cool.

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

I hope that ANY news is announced this year, though I am not counting on it.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

Killswitch
G-Force Personnel

Post by Killswitch »

I just read that the film has a 2014 release date - for now. lol

That's about it.

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

Living Corpse wrote: Though I wouldn't be surprised, seems like they'd want it out on the 60th anniversary.

Seems the most likely and makes sense.
Thats right, -To the most impatient members.- you will only have to wait two years.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Killswitch wrote:I just read that the film has a 2014 release date - for now. lol

That's about it.
Link?

If thats true then that would be perfect honestly. Set it up for the 60th anniversary would be great. I'll take it!
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

Killswitch
G-Force Personnel

Post by Killswitch »

True or false? Take it for what its worth.

http://starseeker.com/2012-movies/godzilla-2012/

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Killswitch wrote:True or false? Take it for what its worth.

http://starseeker.com/2012-movies/godzilla-2012/

Well it does seem legit but the only thing it doesnt mention is Gareth Edwards which is odd

but lets hope its legit! Need some official confirmation!

Killswitch
G-Force Personnel

Post by Killswitch »

I don't know how "legit" it really is? It looks more like a fanboy site to me. But, its the newest info I could find on the search engine.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Not major news but definitely interesting...

"Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures put "42", the Jackie Robinson Biopic, on deck for April 12, 2013."
http://www.legendary.com/news/post/42-o ... l-12-2013/

Legendary now has 7 films to be released in 2013 and nothing set for 2014. My gut feeling is that Godzilla will come out in 2014 and that we will probably get an announcement either around or after the release of TDKR. Usually studios release about 2 or 3 big blockbusters a year and with nothing set for 2014 I see that as Godzilla's spot. Just gotta wait and see!

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

I'm not holding my breath for tihs film. Too little to go on to be convinced that LP is doing anything at all with Godzilla. It won't surprise me if they scrapp it or if they already have.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:With Batman going into hibernation (most likely) for a while now, Legendary may find themselves a little more eager to jump-start their next potential franchise. Could be good for Godzilla.
My thoughts exactly though I do worry about Legendary thinking that Man of Steel or Pacific Rim will be their next big franchises instead but I would think they would not considering Pacific Rim is an unproven film and will probably end up just being one movie and Man of Steel is hanging by a thread because should the film not do as good its been reported Warner Bros will not do any Superman movies for awhile so they could very well be waiting for TDKR to get done and then focus on Godzilla as their next big franchise.

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

In response to Livingcorpse, of course LP will eventually bust out something related to Godzilla. But that doesn't mean that by that time Edwards and company will still be involved. This is what I meant by being scrapped. I see it being similar to the 94' Tristar Godzilla being scrapped in favor for Emmerich's forsaken attempt. It might just turn out that Del Toro may eventually get on board for Godzilla depending on his success with Pacific Rim.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Living Corpse wrote:
Viva la revolucion! wrote:Oh thank god. Edwards is a great director, and it would sad to see him replaced by a talentless hack.
He's only had one film. Can't really say he's good or bad. :?
Well Monsters wasn't that great. That's the only work of his I've seen. It wasn't bad at all, it just isn't as great as people seem to say.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Tyler wrote:Del Toro was asked multiple times to turn Pacific Rim into Godzilla and he refused.
Never really cared for Del Toro anyways and its because of that that i find it hard to get excited about Pacific Rim. Dont understand why that was on Legendary's list ahead of Godzilla or why Del Toro wouldnt want to just make it into a Godzilla movie as the plot sounds exactly something you would see in a G-film