Talkback: Godzilla Final Wars (2004)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Darkness
Interpol Agent

Flying Godzilla in Final Wars?

Post by Darkness »

I don't know if many people remember this, but back when Final Wars was in production, I remember hearing that Kitamura wanted there to be a scene where Godzilla flies or has some kind of air battle with Monster X at the end. I can't remember the source because this was obviously a long time ago, but it's just something I recall hearing about. Does anyone else remember this?

Gigan X3
Futurian

Re: Flying Godzilla in Final Wars?

Post by Gigan X3 »

I kinda remember this, that would have been awesome.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

Living Corpse wrote:I also remember this along with the whole using his tail as a spring to bounce around. It's like Kitamura this to be a live action cartoon more then anything else.
Would have been better if it had been like that.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

Darkness
Interpol Agent

Post by Darkness »

Living Corpse wrote:I also remember this along with the whole using his tail as a spring to bounce around. It's like Kitamura this to be a live action cartoon more then anything else.
Yeah, that's what I remember hearing as well. I guess it was removed because they thought it would have been too cheesy to have Godzilla jumping around like Tigger, but I don't see why considering how much ridiculous stuff goes on throughout the whole movie already.

DaikaijuSokogeki!
JXSDF Technician

Post by DaikaijuSokogeki! »

You know, I have to admit that as much as I hate that movie, I think that scene would've rocked. Of course Kitamura cut one of the most interesting ideas out.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

He shouldve flown while doing the planet x dance, while scratchig his nose and shouting terrible language at Anguirus.

Just cause it'd piss everyone off.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

godzilla1996
Monsterland Worker

Post by godzilla1996 »

I don't really like the idea. It's like experimenting with drugs, only do them once. However, the Planet X dance would've been cool, maybe after his fight with Anguiras, Rodan, and King Caesar
Formerly known as godzilla2001.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Yeah moderators!
@ omgitsgodzilla, the double rainbow means that Godzilla is on some really good shit

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

TokyoVigilante wrote:He shouldve flown while doing the planet x dance, while scratchig his nose and shouting terrible language at Anguirus.

This would have made the movie for me. :lol:
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I am glad they didn't do the aerial battle scene, because it would have been difficult to see Godzilla do any attack while being positioned like an airborne fetus-like thing.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

Goji wrote:
TokyoVigilante wrote:He shouldve flown while doing the planet x dance, while scratchig his nose and shouting terrible language at Anguirus.

This would have made the movie for me. :lol:
Hahahahahha! Hey ANGILAAAS You.. You! Double Ni****!
Showa Gyaos wrote:I am glad they didn't do the aerial battle scene, because it would have been difficult to see Godzilla do any attack while being positioned like an airborne fetus-like thing.
You have no imagination.
Chris55 wrote:

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

I remember that rumor very well, I recall hearing that the battle had Godzilla using his tail to bounce like Tigger.
Tyler wrote:$200 if I hump a car.

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

Hellspawn28 wrote:A air battle would look silly, and the battle sceens in this movie where already silly enough. I don't want to see a Godzilla version of an DB air battle at all in the movie.
Well of course Godzilla couldnt do that cause Humans pretty much took it and ran with it.
Tyler wrote:$200 if I hump a car.

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

To be honest, I wouldn't have minded. The damn movie was already overly rediculous. Throwing in that would have probably made it all the more fun.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

It would have been been entertaining, that's for sure.

Darkness
Interpol Agent

Post by Darkness »

I remember thinking it was an interesting concept before the film came out. Because the budget was going to be twice that of a normal film, I felt that they would make it look awesome. But most of that budget went to shooting on location and the monster fights and miniatures ended up looking worse than the rest of the Millennium films. With that knowledge now, I'm glad they didn't go through with it.

I do however support Godzilla doing the Happy Dance again. Because it is just that awesome.

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

If it happened it would've have been a good ol' tip of the hat to Showa Godzilla and the Showa series that's for sure.
SA
W: 72 L: 72

Instagram: @bloodeejacobreviews

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

It would have made an interesting scene. Bringing back a flying Godzilla would have been the ultimate tip of the hat to the Showa series.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Darkness
Interpol Agent

Post by Darkness »

Tyler wrote:I've never heard this. I missed the hype so I see people had REALLY high hopes for this thing. :lol:
At the time, it seemed like a good reason to by hyped. A badass Godzilla movie bringing back classic foes such as Gigan and Hedorah and allies such as Anguirus. Not to mention Zilla getting his ass kicked by Godzilla. It felt like it was gonna be a badass remake of Destroy All Monsters, but instead we get a movie that centers around an annoying protaginist that goes super saiyan and hogs the spotlight from the king of the monsters on his own 50th birthday. Not to mention a soundtrack that sounds like it's from a bad video game. Lame. Of course there are some redeeming qualities to the film, but not very many.

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

Darkness wrote:
Tyler wrote:I've never heard this. I missed the hype so I see people had REALLY high hopes for this thing. :lol:
At the time, it seemed like a good reason to by hyped. A badass Godzilla movie bringing back classic foes such as Gigan and Hedorah and allies such as Anguirus. Not to mention Zilla getting his ass kicked by Godzilla. It felt like it was gonna be a badass remake of Destroy All Monsters, but instead we get a movie that centers around an annoying protaginist that goes super saiyan and hogs the spotlight from the king of the monsters on his own 50th birthday. Not to mention a soundtrack that sounds like it's from a bad video game. Lame. Of course there are some redeeming qualities to the film, but not very many.
Hey I liked the soundtrack, the rest, I agree with.
Chris55 wrote:

Chimpbot
Ronin

Post by Chimpbot »

Darkness wrote:Of course there are some redeeming qualities to the film, but not very many.
One of them is that it ends. Another is that it can be conveniently removed from your player and replaced with any other movie.

It's a terrible, terrible, horrible movie.