TREMORS Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
The One and Only
Futurian

Re: TREMORS Thread

Post by The One and Only »

Blair Phoenix wrote:https://jonathanmelville.substack.com/p ... XSalYRrB94

Arrow Tremors 30th anniversary release
Matt Frank's cover art to the 30th Anniversary release to TREMORS.
And the creature partially inspired by TREMORS' Graboids for the 2002 Universal Halloween Horror Nights show, JURASSIC PARK:Evilution, the Grebendu.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Dust Errant
Samurai

Post by Dust Errant »

Was really hesitant to watch Shrieker Island after Tremors 5 and 6, but after watching it, I do think it's a nice step above those movies. It's not without flaws, and the acting is definitely pretty hit or miss, but overall, not too bad at all imo.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Haven't seen any of the films, but I hope to next year.

On personal notes:
1. My headcanon is the graboids are magical in nature, being Anaye, a type of demon from Navajo mythology; it would help explain why there's none of them in the fossil record while still being present by the time of the old west.

1.5 Related to the above, its given me two separate ideas for spinoffs. The first is Tremors: Earthmaster, a soft reboot/prequel about a young navajo man who rides on a graboid to fight other monsters in the Pre-Columbian age.

The other is an animated series akin to Godzilla: The Series. I'm surprised Universal never thought to make one in the 9's when cheap cartoon adaptations of films were all the rage.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Is Tremors sold out already!? I'm gonna be awfully peeved if it is. Would have grabbed it as soon as it came out but was told not to buy any blurays or DVDs till after Christmas.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:58 am Haven't seen any of the films, but I hope to next year.

On personal notes:
1. My headcanon is the graboids are magical in nature, being Anaye, a type of demon from Navajo mythology; it would help explain why there's none of them in the fossil record while still being present by the time of the old west.

1.5 Related to the above, its given me two separate ideas for spinoffs. The first is Tremors: Earthmaster, a soft reboot/prequel about a young navajo man who rides on a graboid to fight other monsters in the Pre-Columbian age.

The other is an animated series akin to Godzilla: The Series. I'm surprised Universal never thought to make one in the 9's when cheap cartoon adaptations of films were all the rage.
In the films graboid fossils are found dating to the pre-Cambrian era
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Vakanai wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:26 pmIn the films graboid fossils are found dating to the pre-Cambrian era
I know that. But wasn't this disconfirmed by the TV serries as being misidentified? Besides, the writers felt that any answer given would be cliche and would be used in other monster movies before, and they felt it was unlikely the normal residents of a small town would be able to determine the answer themselves anyway.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:41 pm
Vakanai wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:26 pmIn the films graboid fossils are found dating to the pre-Cambrian era
I know that. But wasn't this disconfirmed by the TV serries as being misidentified? Besides, the writers felt that any answer given would be cliche and would be used in other monster movies before, and they felt it was unlikely the normal residents of a small town would be able to determine the answer themselves anyway.
Arguably the later movies disconfirmed the tv series mostly if not entirely, with Burt still calling them pre-Cambrian in the last most recent one. Plus I haven't see the tv series for years so can't comment on if it did. As for the writers not wanting to give the monsters a known origin, I can only say I know that's been mentioned for the first movie, but don't know how they felt about it being revealed in the sequel.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Vakanai wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:56 pm
Al Diplodocus wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:41 pm
Arguably the later movies disconfirmed the tv series mostly if not entirely, with Burt still calling them pre-Cambrian in the last most recent one. Plus I haven't see the tv series for years so can't comment on if it did. As for the writers not wanting to give the monsters a known origin, I can only say I know that's been mentioned for the first movie, but don't know how they felt about it being revealed in the sequel.
You should get the TV series on DVD if you can. For one thing, the 13 episodes are in order of occurrence instead of the messed-up broadcast order they were first shown in, so if you watch it that way, it'll make sense for once.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

mikelcho wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:52 pm
Al Diplodocus wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:41 pm I know that. But wasn't this disconfirmed by the TV serries as being misidentified? Besides, the writers felt that any answer given would be cliche and would be used in other monster movies before, and they felt it was unlikely the normal residents of a small town would be able to determine the answer themselves anyway.
You should get the TV series on DVD if you can. For one thing, the 13 episodes are in order of occurrence instead of the messed-up broadcast order they were first shown in, so if you watch it that way, it'll make sense for once.
I do have it on dvd - that's how I watched it...just haven't rewatched it sense.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Vakanai wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:58 am
mikelcho wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:52 pm

I do have it on dvd - that's how I watched it...just haven't rewatched it sense.
Okay, I didn't know that.

That's interesting, though, that, according to what you've told me, after Tremors 4: The Legend Begins (am I right here?), the TV series is seemingly and mostly dropped from the storyline altogether (again, am I right here?).
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Tremors: 7-Film Collection is in stores now and probably has been for a while.

I hope to get it soon so I can replace the last collection I got.

UPDATE: I finally got it a little while back. I wonder if an 8th film is in the works already?
Last edited by mikelcho on Wed May 26, 2021 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

mikelcho wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:55 am

That's interesting, though, that, according to what you've told me, after Tremors 4: The Legend Begins (am I right here?), the TV series is seemingly and mostly dropped from the storyline altogether (again, am I right here?).
The series has nothing to do with the films 5-7. The only connection to the films I can recall is the episode with the assblaster that got caught and sold in Tremors 3.
Last edited by edgaguirus on Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

The series is the last thing done by the original creative team. Bloodlines on is an entirely new group of people. That said I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped a few things established in the series. Honestly wish Mixmaster would make a comeback. Would help to develop more varied storytelling ideas.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

Ah Tremors is a masterpiece as far as I am concerned. Two thumbs up.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Got my 4K Bluray!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Anyone else thinking of grabbing the Graboid gashapons? Arrow is also re-releasing the 4K Bluray as a steelbook.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Tremors series is a classic. 5, 6 and 7 were never needed. Should've kept it as four movies as it was.

My ranking.

1. Tremors/Tremors 2
2. Tremors 4
3. Tremors 3

Added in 4 minutes 15 seconds:
Al Diplodocus wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:58 am1. My headcanon is the graboids are magical in nature, being Anaye, a type of demon from Navajo mythology; it would help explain why there's none of them in the fossil record while still being present by the time of the old west.
Tremors 2 did reveal fossils. It was wrongly dated to be from the Pre-Cambrian before being corrected in the TV series that graboids goes all the way back to the Devonian period.

I think the more likely scenario would be graboid eggs are capable of staying dormant for centuries if not thousands of years, this would explain why it took until the late 20th century for them to be discovered as only a few at a time would emerge as seen with the few in the first movie.
TV series eventually goes on to reveal the dating of those fossils were inaccurate and were really from the Devonian.
Al Diplodocus wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:41 pmI know that. But wasn't this disconfirmed by the TV serries as being misidentified?
No, they were dated inaccurately and that the fossils really dated to the Devonian period.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:41 pm
TV series eventually goes on to reveal the dating of those fossils were inaccurate and were really from the Devonian.
Like I said after, the later movies retconned/ignored the tv series with Burt going back to calling them pre-Cambrian.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Who wants an articulated Graboid!? 3rd party company Artic Figures is doing exactly that. The figure will be available in both painted and unpainted variants. The "retail versions" will be smaller at around 8 inches.

Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Some rejected concept for the poster art for the original TREMORS flick from the legendary Drew Struzan.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/375 ... ever-used/
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.