The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-6)

Post by _JNavs_ »

Spino cameo would be nice
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:19 pm Spino cameo would be nice
I would love a Spino cameo.

Really excited to see:
Spoiler:
Giganotosaurus
In Dominion. Hopefully it has a good design.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

UltramanGoji wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:14 pm
Spoiler:
If it's the main antagonist of the film, that would be a much, much welcome change. Very sick of the Frankenstein dinosaur villains in these films.
The I-Rex was cool to me. Indoraptor however suffered from being a 8p's slasher in a jurassic movie where not only can it not kill the main characters but he also had to Job to Blue.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Shot in the dark idea?
Spoiler:
It's a BioSyn creation and they did what Dodgson mentioned they'd like to do in the novels. Set up a giant game reserve and stock it with prize dinosaurs for the ultra-rich to hunt or take. After all, what could be a bigger draw to a would-be "Great White Hunter" than the predator over trumpeted* as the largest predator to ever walk upon the earth? So the Giganoto was bred to be the ultimate prize hunt, but breaks out during the events of the film to menace the cast.
Spoiler:
*What exactly is the largest theropod is subject to change and metric. Tyrannosaurus, Giganotosaurus, and Spinosaurus all overlap significantly in mass as all animals have a range in size. Some adult T.rex for example are 35 feet long and around 6-7 tons whereas some others might be 42 feet long and over 8 or 9 tons. So it's fairer to say each of them is comparable to the others in size. Spinosaurus is certainly longer, Giganotosaurus is taller, and Tyrannosaurus is wider. If comparing the absolute biggest specimens, T.rex has a marginal lead in mass, but it should be noted it has way more reasonably complete specimens than the other two (30+ to Giganoto's 2 and Spino's 3-5). And while the absolute largest T.rex like Scotty and Sue are likely heavier than the known Giganoto specimens thus far known, the current Giganoto specimens are likely heavier than the average adult T.rex such as Samson and Stan, which tend to be just under 40 feet in length. The tl;dr of this is the three are basically a big toss up and resolving whom was largest on average or at max is likely to flip-flop. They're all really close so it wouldn't be disingenuous to say Giganotosaurus is "the largest" like Sam Neil is mentioning it to be marketed as
Last edited by Desghidorah on Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:14 pm
Spoiler:
If it's the main antagonist of the film, that would be a much, much welcome change. Very sick of the Frankenstein dinosaur villains in these films.
Trevorrow has confirmed there are no hybrids in the film, and so far, leaks are corroborating that, so I'd say it's likely.
Spoiler:
Though personally, I'm guessing the Deinonychus are the baddies, just cause I feel like it would be a good book end to the first film and they've gotten the most mention in leaks so they seem significant.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

“We need to kill off the franchise icon because it will cause butthurt!”

Good to see TK continuing to be contrarian assholes as per usual.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:48 pm “We need to kill off the franchise icon because it will cause butthurt!”

Wait what? Legit everyone said that they DIDN'T want Rexy dead because it was gonna cause butthurt.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:58 pm
gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:48 pm “We need to kill off the franchise icon because it will cause butthurt!”

Wait what? Legit everyone said that they DIDN'T want Rexy dead because it was gonna cause butthurt.
We reading the same thread homeslice? We literally just had a bunch of people say they wanted it to happen “fingers crossed”
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:01 am
[/quote]
We reading the same thread homeslice? We literally just had a bunch of people say they wanted it to happen “fingers crossed”
[/quote]

Okay, but like, who cares? Why let those people get to you anyway?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

That's not remotely what I or anyone else said. I said/meant that if the 'new guy' and Rexy fight, there will be butthurt regardless of the outcome. People are going to whine and nitpick for years. I don't want Rexy dead, and while endless nerdrage is entertaining, I would much prefer that this movie be good and broadly well-received.

And I'm pretty sure KK42 wasn't being serious, hence the emoji.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

It wouldn't be my first choice but I will still stand bye what I said. If Rexy died like Logan or the T-800 in T2 I would be upset but it would be a worthy end for her. She is old for her age and she has been threw a lot. All heroes eventually meet their end.

Added in 57 seconds:
Also camp cretaceous was awesome. Loved seeing Indominus again and the story was much better than I thought.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Yeah, no, everyone had fingers crossed it was either not an instant kill to prove Rex superiority or that it killed Rex.

Nice attempt to bait though. I give that 3/5, few more curses would have really tied the post together

Edit: AT MOST, I'll give you one person considered it and a few of us talked about how we would like it executed better then the Spino/Rex fight. No "yay, kill the Rex!" here like you're acting though
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:05 am

That's not remotely what I or anyone else said. I said/meant that if the 'new guy' and Rexy fight, there will be butthurt regardless of the outcome. People are going to whine and nitpick for years. I don't want Rexy dead, and while endless nerdrage is entertaining, I would much prefer that this movie be good and broadly well-received.

And I'm pretty sure KK42 wasn't being serious, hence the emoji.
Yeah, I wasn't being serious. I don't really care which dinosaur wins the fight, if there is one. My jab mostly stems from the fact that I've always found the Jurassic Park 3 controversy to be extremely silly.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Not spoilers but just in case -
Spoiler:
If they decide kill off the T. rex it really needs to be a powerful, poignant moment to cap off the series and not some bullshit at the start or middle of the story.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Sam Neill just confirmed in an interview
Spoiler:
Giganotosaurus will debut in JW:Dominion.

“I’ve just had the last five months working with dinosaurs, and it was really fun to do. We have a dinosaur called a Giganotosaurus … Apparently that’s the biggest dinosaur that’s ever been discovered. And, you know, it could eat you in a second if the guys on the controls didn’t like you.”

So, not only is a massive new dinosaur making its entrance into the Jurassic franchise, a full-size animatronic will make its presence even more terrifying in the film. As Neill said, the Giganotosaurus could swallow him whole if the team of puppeteers were feeling particularly murderous.

Link - https://www.jurassicoutpost.com/sam-nei ... d-dominion

Very cool.
Last edited by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX on Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

XxComablack1937xX wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:03 am Sam Neill just confirmed in an interview Giganotosaurus will debut in JW:Dominion.

We have a dinosaur called a Giganotosaurus … Apparently that’s the biggest dinosaur that’s ever been discovered.
Sheesh i know it put a dent on the franchise but give Spino his due here Sam! :P

SoggyNoodles2016

XxComablack1937xX wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:03 am Sam Neill just confirmed in an interview Giganotosaurus will debut in JW:Dominion.

We have a dinosaur called a Giganotosaurus … Apparently that’s the biggest dinosaur that’s ever been discovered.
somewhere, Argentinosaurus feels the need to throw hands....
Gigantis wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:53 pm
Sheesh i know it put a dent on the franchise but give Spino his due here Sam! :P
TECHNICALLY, Giganotosaurus might be the tallest theropod. At least second biggest compared to Spino....

RIP Evan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Unless we're going by weight, in which case, last I heard, T. rex still sits the throne. Probably crushing said throne in the process.

It's interesting that they're going with a full-on animatronic for the Giganoto. That, combined with the fact that Sam Neil appears to be working in close proximity with it, implies a significant role for this dinosaur.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

So, we now know Dominion's main dino antagonist. The wait's gonna be a lil hard, to be honest. Way too much info

villainzilla
Yojimbo

Post by villainzilla »

well,since i discovered this thread now im going to give my expectations for dominon,honestly,my expectations are extremely very low