The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.

There's 13 so pick 6

Alien (1979)
19%
Aliens (1986)
14%
Predator (1987)
16%
Predator 2 (1990)
10%
Alien³ (1992)
4%
Alien Resurrection (1997)
4%
Alien vs. Predator (2004)
8%
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007)
2%
Predators (2010)
4%
Prometheus (2012)
4%
Alien Covenant (2017)
3%
The Predator (2018)
No votes
Prey (2022)
14%

Total votes: 114

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Well, I managed to quickly update all of the Alien and Predator films to Blu-Ray, including both AvP films. These franchises will always be among my favorites, ranking right up there with Godzilla as my #1. However, I know I am in the minority when I say I actually like the AvP films, both of them. While I understand all the criticisms and hate for each movie, I just... I don't know. I've ALWAYS enjoyed them, especially AvP:R which is among my favorite of the 2000's monster movies.

With that said, I REALLY wish we would get a third AvP film that doesn't try and act as a prequel. I'd like to see a film that takes place on a distant colony with the Space Marines involved. IE: Aliens... but with a Predator or two thrown in. I say two because I feel the film should at least show a Predator getting killed mid-way. Hell, legit just take the concept of the 2010 Aliens vs. Predator game and make it into a movie. I'd be fine with that.

Also, had an idea while gunning through the Predator movies. What if they did an anthology TV show akin to AHS. Each season has a different cast and a different Predator and also takes place in a different time. So we can get a season of say a Predator in the wild west, a Predator in the dark ages, a Predator in ancient Greece, feudal Japan, etc. Hell, with Disney owning the franchises now, a season could even be used to lead up to the third AvP movie I mentioned and have a Predator hunting a squad of Space Marines on a distant planet, with the sole survivor being the main character for the AvP3 movie.

I guess it's just a dream...

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

MM Raids Again wrote:Well, I managed to quickly update all of the Alien and Predator films to Blu-Ray, including both AvP films. These franchises will always be among my favorites, ranking right up there with Godzilla as my #1. However, I know I am in the minority when I say I actually like the AvP films, both of them. While I understand all the criticisms and hate for each movie, I just... I don't know. I've ALWAYS enjoyed them, especially AvP:R which is among my favorite of the 2000's monster movies.

With that said, I REALLY wish we would get a third AvP film that doesn't try and act as a prequel. I'd like to see a film that takes place on a distant colony with the Space Marines involved. IE: Aliens... but with a Predator or two thrown in. I say two because I feel the film should at least show a Predator getting killed mid-way. Hell, legit just take the concept of the 2010 Aliens vs. Predator game and make it into a movie. I'd be fine with that.

Also, had an idea while gunning through the Predator movies. What if they did an anthology TV show akin to AHS. Each season has a different cast and a different Predator and also takes place in a different time. So we can get a season of say a Predator in the wild west, a Predator in the dark ages, a Predator in ancient Greece, feudal Japan, etc. Hell, with Disney owning the franchises now, a season could even be used to lead up to the third AvP movie I mentioned and have a Predator hunting a squad of Space Marines on a distant planet, with the sole survivor being the main character for the AvP3 movie.

I guess it's just a dream...
I like the AvP films too, they're fun. And if nothing else they're a trillion times better than the Alien prequels...ugh!
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

John Pannozzi
Monsterland Worker

Post by John Pannozzi »

Dunno if this is the right place to post it, but I've found a rarely seen prologue to the Alien: Headhunters comic originally published in Comic Shop News #500:

https://johnpannozzi.blogspot.com/2020/ ... comic.html
Friends don't lie.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

KManX89 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I have no clue how they strayed so far with The Predator 2018.
Because the Shane Black is an idiot and he also hired idiots to write the script and produce the movie.
It didn't help that he hired an actual predator (pedophile) to star in the film.

No seriously, he did.
In Shane Black, and the crew's defense. The actor's pervy past wasn't known until after preproduction was completed on the flick.

Anywho, some interesting bits of lore were unveiled last week with the release of the PREDATOR:Hunting Grounds video game. In the course of the game ,a bunch of audio files that are uncovered reveal some interesting details about certain questions left unanswered in the course of the flicks since the first PREDATOR ended.

And some artwork by Staz Johnson from BATMAN Vs. ALIENS II featuring a group of genetically engineered Xenomorph/Human hybrids. Engineered from some of Dark Knight's nastiest foes.
Last edited by The One and Only on Thu May 07, 2020 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Is... Is that a Killer Croc Xenomorph?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

The One and Only
Futurian

Mac Daddy MM wrote:Is... Is that a Killer Croc Xenomorph?
Yeppers Mac Daddy.

Added in 26 days 14 hours 58 minutes 13 seconds:
Some interesting Alien and Predator art by Kyle Hotz.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

https://bloody-disgusting.com/comics/36 ... el-comics/

This isn't going to be good. Current day Marvel is God awful and it's more than likely we get watered versions of these franchises, no where in the press release is it mentioned that these R RATED HORROR MOVIES! We should be scared, people.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Modern Marvel being shit is subjective imo, but idk. I'd rather see what happens then cry doom and gloom.

Besides, we all know why Marvel got these two.....

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Alien and Predator in the MCU when? :lol:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Disney and those licenses don't mix.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

So long as it's better than the shitheap than was The Predator I'll be happy. Granted that's not a high bar to jump, but still.
Resized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Can we see a Predator go giant now and fight Ultraman?
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Can we see a Predator go giant now and fight Ultraman?
Ignoring seeing Ultraman fight off a Xenomorph Queen?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote:So long as it's better than the shitheap than was The Predator I'll be happy. Granted that's not a high bar to jump, but still.
What Predator movie? As far as I'm concerned that film you're talking about was an parody.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Yep, so many fools praised Disney beating Universal in the bidding war for Fox(I honestly think Uni was more interested in making Disney over-spend)

Because "yay all of Star Wars and now virtually all of Marvel cleanly and simply under one roof!" That made the ENTIRE 70+ Billion purchase worth it to them...so that they can get a 9 film Skywalker Saga Box Set, and see Captain Marvel upstage Wolverine in like 5 years.

Not giving any thought to material like Simpsons, Family Guy, Planet of the Apes, Alien, Predator and countless others all being absorbed into the Disney blob.

All of them doomed to be buried, censored, or otherwise 'rebooted' in the image of the new Disney Overlords....basically destroying them and turning them into "IP based nostalgic cash-flow product #12"

Disney trying to put everything into that 'magic for all ages' filter just does not work. Universal would have been a much better home for the vast majority of these properties.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Chrispy_G wrote:Yep, so many fools praised Disney beating Universal in the bidding war for Fox(I honestly think Uni was more interested in making Disney over-spend)

Because "yay all of Star Wars and now virtually all of Marvel cleanly and simply under one roof!" That made the ENTIRE 70+ Billion purchase worth it to them...so that they can get a 9 film Skywalker Saga Box Set, and see Captain Marvel upstage Wolverine in like 5 years.

Not giving any thought to material like Simpsons, Family Guy, Planet of the Apes, Alien, Predator and countless others all being absorbed into the Disney blob.

All of them doomed to be buried, censored, or otherwise 'rebooted' in the image of the new Disney Overlords....basically destroying them and turning them into "IP based nostalgic cash-flow product #12"

Disney trying to put everything into that 'magic for all ages' filter just does not work. Universal would have been a much better home for the vast majority of these properties.
This 10x over
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

The One and Only
Futurian

David Finch Alien and Predator publicity artwork for Marvel.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

The One and Only wrote:David Finch Alien and Predator publicity artwork for Marvel.
I must admit, I am very excited to see these guys crossover with Marvel heroes. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this make Alien and Predator the ONLY "third party creation" to go up against both Marvel and DC characters.

Quote of the Year:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Chrispy_G wrote:Yep, so many fools praised Disney beating Universal in the bidding war for Fox(I honestly think Uni was more interested in making Disney over-spend)

Disney, supposedly spreads happiness and joy when in reality behind their doors is their true nature, an dark evil among this world that manipulating their audience as they continue to absorb more franchises into their megacorporation and won't stop until they eventually rule the movie world.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.