Power Rangers/Super Sentai Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Power Rangers/Super Sentai Thread

Post by miguelnuva »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Alright so I heard that the three dinosaur teams are crossing over? I've wanted a Dino Thunder/MMPR crossover since I was a child, count me in!
Yeah they're crossing over with Beast Morphers and depending on how much gets adapted Goldar might be the villian.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Does anyone think Hasbro should step in the help co-produce a Sentai season in Japan and provide creative input?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote:Does anyone think Hasbro should step in the help co-produce a Sentai season in Japan and provide creative input?
NO.

Hasbro is a creatively dead company and should leave the Sentai team alone.

Also...you do realize Sentai is a show made primarily for Japanese audiences, right? Hasbro, an American company, meddling with it isn’t exactly a good look, plus I doubt the Japanese creators will accept their offer anyway.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Does anyone think Hasbro should step in the help co-produce a Sentai season in Japan and provide creative input?
NO.

Also...you do realize Sentai is a show made primarily for Japanese audiences, right? Hasbro, an American company, meddling with it isn’t exactly a good look, plus I doubt the Japanese creators will accept their offer anyway.
Maybe not the creative input part, but maybe at least co-funding?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

UltramanGoji wrote:
NO.

Saban or Bandai of America put input into a sentai season before so it's not impossible.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Breaking news :

http://www.jefusion.com/2020/07/hasbro- ... -toei.html

I am convinced, Hasbro DOES hate Super Sentai.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LegendZilla wrote:Breaking news :

http://www.jefusion.com/2020/07/hasbro- ... -toei.html

I am convinced, Hasbro DOES hate Super Sentai.
I'd love to see a Mmor reboot get off the ground. Depending on how much money Hasbro is willing to spend this could be good for Power Rangers.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I keep failing to find this topic!
I'm 21 episodes into Jetman so far and really loving it and the cast!

Added in 13 days 10 hours 47 minutes 17 seconds:
Finished Jetman! Might be my favorite so far!
About 14 episodes into Megaranger and it's growing on me. The episodes seem to do a nice job of balancing the 'guest' character for an episode with the Megaranger that gets the focus.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

The 45th anniversary series has been trademarked!

http://www.jefusion.com/2020/09/kikai-s ... super.html

John Pannozzi
Monsterland Worker

Post by John Pannozzi »

I dunno where else to put this, but has anyone else heard about actress Sarah Brown's horror stories concerning her past relationship with former Power Rangers producer Shuki Levy?

Basically, back in the 1990s, when Sarah was the female lead on VR Troopers (and played a supporting role in Power Rangers Zeo), she entered into a romantic relationship with Shuki. They were never married (nor even engaged, AFAIK), but they did have a daughter together. And Shuki (who at the time was married to another woman, and also seeing a third) was a total bastard.

Shuki even seemingly attempted to have Sarah murdered via a rigged air conditioner in an apartment he owned. While Sarah and a friend of hers made it out of the burning apartment alive, no items aside from a music box survived, so there was unfortunately no material proof of wrongdoing left from that incident.

Here's a podcast in which Sarah goes over her relationship with Shuki:

And here's a thread on Rangerboard discussing Sarah's accusations: https://www.rangerboard.com/index.php?threads/184347/
Last edited by John Pannozzi on Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Friends don't lie.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Holy shit that's awful. I give my condolences for her.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

The new rangers look like they’re trying to be Metal heroes.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Originally, for Season 2 of MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS, Saban and Sentai guys, Toei, were in talks for a new Season Two. This one featuring redesigns for the classic Dino Zords, and Tiger Zord for the stateside show. But ended up being shelved so to go with staying on the tried , true, and more cheaper method of using footage from the next Sentai show on the docket. From a bloke who doesn't look old enough to shave who goes by the name of Este. Here's his video on the sleek, sexy, new turbo charged Dino Zords we might've received.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Would anyone care to discuss what motifs you would like to see this franchise tackle in the future? I Think it would be cool to sea a show based around Marine life and another around Cowboys.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:51 pm Would anyone care to discuss what motifs you would like to see this franchise tackle in the future? I Think it would be cool to sea a show based around Marine life and another around Cowboys.
Just do cowboys on seahorses.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Post by StreamOfKaijuness »

I'm currently 17 episodes into Gosei Sentai Dairanger.

The introduction of Kiba Ranger was tremendously disappointing, especially compared to my memory of how Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers introduced the White Ranger.

To anyone who has watched this whole series: does this show get any better?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

StreamOfKaijuness wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:40 pm I'm currently 17 episodes into Gosei Sentai Dairanger.

The introduction of Kiba Ranger was tremendously disappointing, especially compared to my memory of how Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers introduced the White Ranger.

To anyone who has watched this whole series: does this show get any better?
Is considered by many to be the best series in the franchise.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Yeah, hang in there through the initial Kiba Ranger crap because Dairanger is great.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

mwbworld
Yojimbo

Post by mwbworld »

Just finished Dairanger. And yeah Kiba not a strong plus in my book, but it does get better. Without spoilers the ending gets strange - still I really like Dairanger. (I'm watching Jetman now.)

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Huh is Dairanger one of the best? I certainly enjoyed it and liked that the rangers were the main characters unlike Zyu. Oh yeah the trio of loser monsters was great. Jetman is indeed great.
Almost done with GoGoV. Rather liking it with the rescue and family dynamic. Gingaman was good fun. I wanna see some of the 80s entrees get translated.