Power Rangers/Super Sentai Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: Power Rangers/Super Sentai Thread

Post by Godzillian »

So has shout announced any new sentai sets? Was really excited to finally be getting Abaranger but they've seem to have gone pretty silent and haven't found any news online
Last edited by Godzillian on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Godzillian wrote:So has shout announced any new sentai sets? Was really excited to finally be getting Abaranger but they've seem to have gone pretty silent and haven't found any news online
Shout! told me they haven't licensed any other series at this moment in time.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
Godzillian wrote:So has shout announced any new sentai sets? Was really excited to finally be getting Abaranger but they've seem to have gone pretty silent and haven't found any news online
Ugh, literally the only other sentai I wanted from them

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Godzillian wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:
Ugh, literally the only other sentai I wanted from them
It's the last Sentai series from Fiveman on I have not seen subbed, so I am definitely looking forward to seeing it released from them. If they don't make an announcement by the beginning of next year, I'm just going to go ahead and watch my fansubs as Aba is also the last show I am waiting on before I do my Top 10 Sentai Series video.

The worst part is the longer they take to get more out, the longer it will be before I get Gekiranger.

My guess is they are waiting on Hasbro.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

So did Toei and Saban pull back from Shout? Or is this just a hiatus?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

LamangoKaijura wrote:So did Toei and Saban pull back from Shout? Or is this just a hiatus?
Saban has nothing to do with Sentai and PR anymore. It's all Hasbro. Hasbro is probably busy getting everything organized, which is what is holding up Shout! from doing more.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:So did Toei and Saban pull back from Shout? Or is this just a hiatus?
Saban has nothing to do with Sentai and PR anymore. It's all Hasbro. Hasbro is probably busy getting everything organized, which is what is holding up Shout! from doing more.
Oh snap, when did Hasbro take Saban down? God I'm so behind. So it is just a hiatus then. Good. I can catch up finally. I haven't even watched Time and Gao yet. I'm on the last like, four episodes of Jetman.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:
Oh snap, when did Hasbro take Saban down? God I'm so behind. So it is just a hiatus then. Good. I can catch up finally. I haven't even watched Time and Gao yet. I'm on the last like, four episodes of Jetman.
It was announced last summer that Hasbro had purchased the Power Rangers property and the officially took over the franchise this past Feb, hence why Beast Morphers is using the Go-Busters footage.

All of the new Power Ranger products that have come out in the last few months are Hasbro, which is why the LIghtning Collection figures have villains like Zedd and Goldar coming out.

Here are some pics of the White Ranger they just released I picked up (some shots are compared with the Figuarts):

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
Interesting. Does that mean they haven't actually got Fiveman yet, or just that they haven't licensed anything since? It looked like they had a cover ready in that video teasing it, and I doubt they'd go to the trouble of preparing artwork if they didn't even have the license yet, but the lack of an official announcement does beg the question.

I have also seen someone on Rangerboard speculating that the two movies dropping on Blu-ray are the reason we haven't heard about Fiveman yet; perhaps they only have a certain amount of staff or resources allotted to their PR/Sentai releases and those are their priority at the moment/have been recently.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

No idea, but Brian Ward swears they do not have the license for Fiveman.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

I hope Hasbro continues with Shout. I really do. Just started TimeRanger. So they can take all the time in the world. I still need to get through this, then Gaoranger.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Given that Hasbro and Shout! have had a great relationship thus via with all of the Transformers, MLP, Jem, and GI Joe releases, I don't see why they wouldn't continue to use them for Sentai and PR.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Could just be in talks with Toei then? God, I hope they get access to the earlier series. I wanna see Battle Fever J.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Could just be in talks with Toei then? God, I hope they get access to the earlier series. I wanna see Battle Fever J.
Nah, like I said, I figure it's just Hasbro getting all of their ingredients together, so to speak.

Added in 1 day 14 hours 45 minutes 19 seconds:
After the decision was made to end Gorenger, Toei quickly came up with a successor series that would feature a team of four heroes battling an evil crime syndicate as opposed to a terrorist organization. The results were not met with high praises, and as such, it was ultimately canceled. Is JAKQ really that bad? Or is it simply misunderstood? Watch to find out.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

I'm in the process of the first 5 episodes of Timeranger, and god, no wonder the leader of the Londerz family was replaced. Literally frogfish dude who t-poses and flies as an attack.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

LamangoKaijura wrote:I'm in the process of the first 5 episodes of Timeranger, and god, no wonder the leader of the Londerz family was replaced. Literally frogfish dude who t-poses and flies as an attack.
Don't you care go talking smack about the great Don Dolnero. He has far more depth than Ransik could ever dream of. :lol:

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:I'm in the process of the first 5 episodes of Timeranger, and god, no wonder the leader of the Londerz family was replaced. Literally frogfish dude who t-poses and flies as an attack.
Don't you care go talking smack about the great Don Dolnero. He has far more depth than Ransik could ever dream of. :lol:
Man, Flabber from Beetleborgs has more depth then Ransik. :lol:

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Was Flabber the Ronald McDonald ghost dude?

BTW, Shout did say today when asked that they are waiting on Hasbro before they can release more series.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:Was Flabber the Ronald McDonald ghost dude?

BTW, Shout did say today when asked that they are waiting on Hasbro before they can release more series.
Yep, with the huge blue chin.

And kick ass. Can't wait.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I thought Flabber was supposed to be Elvis :lol:
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting