My version of the Kiryu series

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Re: My version of the Kiryu Saga

Post by SonOfGorgo »

mikelcho wrote:I was just thinking that some names on fanfiction.net are not the same on other forums, like this one.
Huh. Well anyways, my profile is definitely H.R.C. Stanley
Please feel free to review.
Last edited by SonOfGorgo on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

As anyone can see, I've now added four more films to this list-The Three Treasures, Latitude Zero, The War in Space and The Phoenix-that should've been added long ago. I think that I can say that it's finished now. What do you think, guys and gals?
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I just don't understand the purpose of including all these movies that have very little -or especially nothing- to do with the Kiryū films. Like what's stopping you or anyone else from including The Quiet Man or Cornbread, Earl and Me or That Man from Rio in this timeline?
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Terasawa wrote:I just don't understand the purpose of including all these movies that have very little -or especially nothing- to do with the Kiryū films. Like what's stopping you or anyone else from including The Quiet Man or Cornbread, Earl and Me or That Man from Rio in this timeline?
If you'll look at my original post, I've only included films that are mostly from the Showa era and then only if they've got a giant/large monster, an alien race or a man-monster in them (I still don't know whether to call the ones in the last category mutants or mutates). Also, they're only Toho films and TV shows and/or films and TV shows that are connected to, or authorized by, Toho and have been also suggested by others in this forum. Since it was Toho that started this storyline, only Toho films must be in it and only if they fit the overall pattern-nothing else. Finally, many of the films are officially listed in the two Toho books; I've just added other films/TV shows that weren't even thought of and that seemed to fit in. Outside of what I've added, nothing else is necessary or should even be considered.

Added in 9 days 19 hours 30 minutes 33 seconds:
In my additions to this saga, and to be totally honest here, The Mysterians was added mainly because the article on Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla on TV Tropes included it by saying that it was one of the films that was part of it, while Battle in Outer Space was added mainly by me because it was the sequel to The Mysterians. The rest were my, and others on this forum's, ideas.

UPDATE: I just checked out the aforementioned TV Tropes article and, yes, it still has that information about The Mysterians in it.
Last edited by mikelcho on Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 13 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Hey, Son of Gorgo, how goes the fan fiction? I'd like to read it, if any of it is available.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Remember reading this before I joined the fourms. Nice to see it again.

If I can make a suggestion, I'd change The Three Treasures and The Phoneix to put them before Gojira. They came out in 1959 and 1978 but take place in Medieval Japan, so putting them in the modern age is kind of weird.

RIP Evan.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Not too bad! I personally loved the Kiryu Saga as it was, but this isn't bad!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Remember reading this before I joined the fourms. Nice to see it again.

If I can make a suggestion, I'd change The Three Treasures and The Phoneix to put them before Gojira. They came out in 1959 and 1978 but take place in Medieval Japan, so putting them in the modern age is kind of weird.
You know, I never thought of doing a chronological version of the list. That's a good idea. I did the films in order of release, not occurrence. So, here it is:

Medieval Japan (order after the first film in this section approximate)
*The Three Treasures
*The Phoenix

*the dropping of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima (see the opening scenes of Frankenstein vs. Baragon)

*Godzilla (Japanese first version)
*The Invisible Man

*Half Human

*Rodan

*The Mysterians

*The H-Man
*Varan

*The Secret of the Telegian
*The Human Vapor
*Frankenstein vs. Baragon (the version with the Oodako)

*Mothra

*Matango
*Atragon

*Dogora

*Battle in Outer Space

*The War of the Gargantuas

*King Kong Escapes

*Latitude Zero

*The Vampire Doll
*Space Amoeba

*Lake of Dracula

*Evil of Dracula

1979-1980
*Gorath

*the unchronicled first appearance of Kamoebas II on Guam (see Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. for this reference)

*The War in Space

1998-2000
*Godzilla (American second version)
*Godzilla: The Series (40 episodes)

1999/2003/2004
*Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla
*Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.

2003-2006
*The Gransazers (2003-2004; 51 episodes and the film The Gransazers: Super Battle Memory (2005))
*The Justirisers (2004-2005; 51 episodes and the film The Justirisers: Super Battle Memory (2005))
*Super Fleet Sazer-X (2005-2006; 38 episodes and the film Super Fleet Sazer-X The Movie: Fight! Soldiers (2005)).

If there's any corrections needed for the years of occurrence, please let me know.
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri May 29, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 26 times in total.

mechagodzilla27
Yojimbo

Post by mechagodzilla27 »

mikelcho wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Remember reading this before I joined the fourms. Nice to see it again.

You know, I never thought of doing a chronological version of the list. That's a good idea. I did the films in order of release, not occurrence. So, here it is:

Medieval Japan
*The Three Treasures
*The Phoenix

*the dropping of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima (see opening of Frankenstein vs. Baragon)

*The Invisible Avenger

*Half Human

*Rodan

*The Mysterians

*The H-Man
*Varan

*The Human Vapor
*Frankenstein vs. Baragon

*Mothra

*Matango
*Atragon

*Dogora

*Battle in Outer Space

*King Kong Escapes

*Latitude Zero

*The Vampire Doll
*Space Amoeba

*Lake of Dracula

*Evil of Dracula

*The War in Space

1979-1980
*Gorath

*the unchronicled first appearance of Kamoebas II (see Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.)

1998-2000
*Godzilla: The Series

1999/2003/2004

2003-2006
*The Gransazers / The Gransazers: Super Battle Memory
*The Justirisers / The Justirisers: Super Battle Memory
*Super Fleet Sazer-X / Super Fleet Sazer-X The Movie: Fight! Soldiers.

If there's any corrections needed for the years of occurrence, please let me know.
the war in space takes place in 1988
time to protect people

:mechagodzilla:

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

mechagodzilla27 wrote:
mikelcho wrote:

Medieval Japan
*The Three Treasures
*The Phoenix

*the dropping of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima (see the opening scenes of Frankenstein vs. Baragon)

*The Invisible Man

*Half Human

*Rodan

*The Mysterians

*The H-Man
*Varan

*The Human Vapor
*Frankenstein vs. Baragon

*Mothra

*Matango
*Atragon

*Dogora

*Battle in Outer Space

*King Kong Escapes

*Latitude Zero

*The Vampire Doll
*Space Amoeba

*Lake of Dracula

*Evil of Dracula

*The War in Space

1979-1980
*Gorath

*the unchronicled first appearance of Kamoebas II (see Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.)

1998-2000
*Godzilla: The Series

1999/2003/2004

2003-2006
*The Gransazers / The Gransazers: Super Battle Memory
*The Justirisers / The Justirisers: Super Battle Memory
*Super Fleet Sazer-X / Super Fleet Sazer-X The Movie: Fight! Soldiers.

the war in space takes place in 1988
No sooner said than done! Thank you.
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

I like it! It's fun and interesting, and I like how you stayed faithful to TOHO's timeline while adding other movies in to help contextualize some of their choices in said timeline. I mean come on! If Tokyo S.O.S. could have a radioactive super dinosaur, a cyborg made from the remains of said dinosaur's ancestor, AND a mystical giant moth with her miniature fairies, why can't this timeline have vampires and space battles? Besides: Toho themselves confirmed Frankstein is canon here, so why shouldn't Dracula be?
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

SonOfGorgo wrote:
mikelcho wrote:I was just thinking that some names on fanfiction.net are not the same on other forums, like this one.
Huh. Well anyways, my profile is definitely H.R.C. Stanley
Please feel free to review.
Just looked at your two timelines on Monarch and the Kiryu Saga and gave reviews. Hope you like them.

Also, Anguirus 2000's prologue looks great! Can't wait to read the rest of it when it's written.

By the way, did you get my reviews?
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Hey, Son of Gorgo/H.R.C. Stanley, did you get my reviews on your two timelines of Monarch and the Kiryu Saga on fanfiction.net? I'd like to know what you thought of them.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

mikelcho wrote:Hey, Son of Gorgo/H.R.C. Stanley, did you get my reviews on your two timelines of Monarch and the Kiryu Saga on fanfiction.net? I'd like to know what you thought of them.
I'll PM you.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

This timeline is missing Madame White Snake (1956), Throne of Blood (1957), The Last War (1961), Imaginary Paradise (1968), Konto 55: Grand Outer Space Adventure (1969), House (1977), Pink Lady's Great Motion Picture (1978) and Blue Christmas (1978), as those are all Toho films with Sci-Fi/Fantasy elements that all align perfectly. You wouldn't want to ignore any of those, right? RIGHT?!
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

MaxRebo320 wrote:This timeline is missing Madame White Snake (1956), Throne of Blood (1957), The Last War (1961), Imaginary Paradise (1968), Konto 55: Grand Outer Space Adventure (1969), House (1977), Pink Lady's Great Motion Picture (1978) and Blue Christmas (1978), as those are all Toho films with Sci-Fi/Fantasy elements that all align perfectly. You wouldn't want to ignore any of those, right? RIGHT?!
I've put in four of these films-Madame White Snake, Throne of Blood, The Last War (personally, I was wondering when someone was going to ask me about that one) and House.

The other four, however, I know nothing about. Do they have reviews in the Movies section here? And in the cases of more than one film in the same year (i.e., The Phoenix, Pink Lady's Great Motion Picture and Blue Christmas, all in 1978), which one was released first and which second, third, etc.?

Finally, in respect to the release order and the chronological order, if there are any mistakes on the respective lists above, please let me know and I'll fix whatever's wrong.

Thank you.

UPDATE: I just found the Movies articles for Imaginary Paradise and Konto 55: Grand Outer Space Adventure.

Not much info on them and I saw that there was a sequel to the second one, also in 1969: Konto 55: We Are the Great-Great Grandchildren of the Ninja. Should that be put in, too? Also, one of the articles said that Konto 55 made a whole lot of movies, but I only saw these two listed.

Pink Lady's Great Motion Picture (minus the word "Great" and with an alternate title, Sinbad on the Beach) was mentioned, but didn't have a article and Blue Christmas wasn't even on there at all.
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:58 am, edited 4 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Since no one's said anything about it otherwise, I'll presume that this list's chronological order is correct now.
Last edited by mikelcho on Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

One question about the three Japanese tokusatsu TV series at the end of this list - The Gransazers, The Justirisers and Super Fleet Sazer-X.

Are any or all of them available in the U.S. in Japanese subtitled version/American dubbed version combinations, have they ever been, or are they ever going to be?
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Since no one's answered my last post, I'll take that as a "no".
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

This list needs Submersion of Japan. Sure, Japan sinks at the end, but it could have gotten better off-screen. Also, Prophecies of Nosatradamus. After all, most of it is a hypothetical scenario. And what about all of Toho's war movies? A lot of them are based off of real-life events that I'm guessing happened in the Keeyu Saga. And Toho had involvement in Detective Pikachu. Shouldn't that be included?
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....