Display Your Collection

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
User avatar
Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby Mr. Xeno » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:30 pm

Vankor wrote:TheRadness, both my kids play with my figures. I don't let my 10 year old son do much with my NECA Pacific Rim figures (he seems far more interested in those than the Godzilla ones) but once in awhile I let him play with them for a little bit, after I remind him of the possibility of loose joints and not to smack them together like he does his Transformers.
My 4 1/2 year old daughter mostly likes to arrange them together, mostly biggest to smallest (Jakks obviously gets top billing) and calls them "happy family" and tells me what each one is. The Jakks is either the mom or the dad, and the rest are little babies and brothers and sisters. She tends to stay away from my new Battle-damaged Knifehead though, saying "He's an ugly monster! You put him next to daddy Godzilla, so they fight."

Image
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

User avatar
Vankor
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 809
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:59 pm
Location: Panau Falls Casino

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby Vankor » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:16 am

Mr. Xeno wrote:
Vankor wrote:TheRadness, both my kids play with my figures. I don't let my 10 year old son do much with my NECA Pacific Rim figures (he seems far more interested in those than the Godzilla ones) but once in awhile I let him play with them for a little bit, after I remind him of the possibility of loose joints and not to smack them together like he does his Transformers.
My 4 1/2 year old daughter mostly likes to arrange them together, mostly biggest to smallest (Jakks obviously gets top billing) and calls them "happy family" and tells me what each one is. The Jakks is either the mom or the dad, and the rest are little babies and brothers and sisters. She tends to stay away from my new Battle-damaged Knifehead though, saying "He's an ugly monster! You put him next to daddy Godzilla, so they fight."

http://media.tumblr.com/721dec9c34e3bc0 ... s41d7v.gif


Yep, disgusting isn't it.

User avatar
TheRadness
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 390
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:38 pm

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby TheRadness » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:17 am

Vankor wrote:TheRadness, both my kids play with my figures. I don't let my 10 year old son do much with my NECA Pacific Rim figures (he seems far more interested in those than the Godzilla ones) but once in awhile I let him play with them for a little bit, after I remind him of the possibility of loose joints and not to smack them together like he does his Transformers.
My 4 1/2 year old daughter mostly likes to arrange them together, mostly biggest to smallest (Jakks obviously gets top billing) and calls them "happy family" and tells me what each one is. The Jakks is either the mom or the dad, and the rest are little babies and brothers and sisters. She tends to stay away from my new Battle-damaged Knifehead though, saying "He's an ugly monster! You put him next to daddy Godzilla, so they fight."



haha sounds like my kids!

The lil dude is only 2, and he has free range over all the vinyl figures in the collection. His favorites are an old Rodan and anything Mecha G.

He'll play with them up until he's got 4 or 5, then he starts posing them and staring at them.
I showed him the trailer to G14 the other day and now he only identifies him as Gozila LOUD.

I keep my Neca figures on a different shelf, and everyday when we get up the first thing we do is turn on the light and go look at em for a couple mintues!

My 6 year old doesn't really care for Godzilla, but loves Mothra and the merch along with it.
The Grandparents are getting my son a Godzilla Plush and the Daughter a Mothra plush for Christmas!

User avatar
GIGAN05
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3406
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:56 pm

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby GIGAN05 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:18 am

Image
Image

Current state of mii collection.

Come 2015 I will get every single figure I have and attempt to do a group shot.
TK's Jojo. It's MUDA.

User avatar
Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby Mr. Xeno » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:59 am

Vankor wrote:
Mr. Xeno wrote:
Vankor wrote:TheRadness, both my kids play with my figures. I don't let my 10 year old son do much with my NECA Pacific Rim figures (he seems far more interested in those than the Godzilla ones) but once in awhile I let him play with them for a little bit, after I remind him of the possibility of loose joints and not to smack them together like he does his Transformers.
My 4 1/2 year old daughter mostly likes to arrange them together, mostly biggest to smallest (Jakks obviously gets top billing) and calls them "happy family" and tells me what each one is. The Jakks is either the mom or the dad, and the rest are little babies and brothers and sisters. She tends to stay away from my new Battle-damaged Knifehead though, saying "He's an ugly monster! You put him next to daddy Godzilla, so they fight."

http://media.tumblr.com/721dec9c34e3bc0 ... s41d7v.gif


Yep, disgusting isn't it.

Sorry, I couldn't find a more appropriate gif/pic.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

User avatar
Vankor
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 809
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:59 pm
Location: Panau Falls Casino

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby Vankor » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:02 pm

Mr. Xeno wrote:Sorry, I couldn't find a more appropriate gif/pic.

No problem :)

By the way Giganos-NICE Monsterarts and Revoltech collection!

User avatar
GIGAN05
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3406
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:56 pm

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby GIGAN05 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:19 pm

Desolation MM wrote:
GIGAN05 wrote:https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... e=548F174C
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 91fe01c2bd

Current state of mii collection.

Come 2015 I will get every single figure I have and attempt to do a group shot.




... What is that Rhedosaurus and where do I get one?


It was a Japan Wonderfest exclusive kit, and I got it directly from the sculptor himself ;). It is an amazing vinyl piece!
TK's Jojo. It's MUDA.

User avatar
Vankor
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 809
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:59 pm
Location: Panau Falls Casino

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby Vankor » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:06 am

Not everything, but pretty much. At least for Kaiju anyway.
Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Monster Zero
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3098
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:57 am
Location: Guy City, Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby Monster Zero » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:09 am


Is that 13" Imperial Godzilla a bootleg?
Resized Image
Hey You! Do you like Comics?! Me too! Which is why I Partnered With my Best Friend to Create a Comic that we Love to Make! It's Called "Roomies!"
https://tapas.io/series/RoomiesofGuyCity
Please Check it Out if You're Interested!
Here's a trailer for it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqX_DNJbnaw
And here's the official Twitter page! Give us a follow for updates, please!
https://twitter.com/RoomiesComic

User avatar
Vankor
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 809
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:59 pm
Location: Panau Falls Casino

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby Vankor » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:25 am

No it's not, it's just a bit dirty. Think it's face was in the sand a few times.

User avatar
Steph3dfx
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:02 am
Location: Canada

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby Steph3dfx » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:44 am

Here is a shot of my complete X-Plus collection (15 figures so far).

Image

I have 30 cm GMK on reserve on Anime Island and I will get the upcoming 25 cm KG,
25 cm flying Mothra is also a possibility.
I just can't control myself with this damn line of figures :shock:

User avatar
Vankor
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 809
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:59 pm
Location: Panau Falls Casino

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby Vankor » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:39 am

Steph3dfx wrote:Here is a shot of my complete X-Plus collection (15 figures so far).

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t54 ... ca9c0e.jpg

I have 30 cm GMK on reserve on Anime Island and I will get the upcoming 25 cm KG,
25 cm flying Mothra is also a possibility.
I just can't control myself with this damn line of figures :shock:

Sweet! Nice collection.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer
Posts: 9473
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 am
Location: The Planet Trade HQ
Contact:

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:06 pm

Love Xplus, too bad I can't afford them. Though I hope to nab Ghidorah when my income tax returns come in. So far I only have the 25cm BioGoji and King Seeser. They look really good next to my McFarlane Movie Maniacs Kong.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
Image
Image

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10663
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby goji89 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:15 pm

Man, so evious at some of these collections.

My revoltech is:

Gigan, anguirus, Gamera 95, Gyaos.

My Monsterarts:

Godzilla 94, Goji millennium, KG, SG, mothra and battra imago and larva, biollante, Fire Rodan, little Goji, and MG.

And some Bandai America figures.

Wish I could upload pics.....Stay tuned.
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
Zentenk
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby Zentenk » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:34 pm

I did some cleaning of my shelves and had a battle royal going on:

Image

User avatar
Vankor
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 809
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:59 pm
Location: Panau Falls Casino

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby Vankor » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:40 pm

Zentenk wrote:I did some cleaning of my shelves and had a battle royal going on:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/ ... 2ce176.jpg

Add me to your list of jealous folk. I'd consider Mothra and Spacegodzilla because he's "reasonable" on Amazon now, but sadly I just splurged...

User avatar
IndyJ
Ronin
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:18 pm

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby IndyJ » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:19 pm

Seeing a lot of nice collections here. Only have four figures right now between NECA Godzilla and Pacific Rim (five next week when my Trespasser comes). Used to have a whole bunch of Godzilla figures when I was a kid. I think they were 6" Bandai, a model kit, as well as some others including this one big Godzilla.

User avatar
Castellan Zilla
Keizer
Posts: 8295
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 8:48 am
Location: Inside Source

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby Castellan Zilla » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:51 pm

Image

All of my Gamera Kaiju collection. Not much. I need more.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

User avatar
LazerWhale
G-Grasper
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:06 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby LazerWhale » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:56 pm

Desolation MM wrote:Not kaiju as we know them


To be fair, as they are "strange beasts" they certainly fit the actual definition of "Kaiju".
Lazer's Art Thread:http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21430&view=viewpoll
My DeviantArt: http://lazerwhale.deviantart.com/
Just because someone likes something you don't, don't treat them poorly for it.
But,
Just because someone doesn't like something you do, don't treat them poorly for it, either.

Lest We Forget

User avatar
Starsteam
Keizer
Posts: 8973
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:36 pm
Location: Over there... no, not there.

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby Starsteam » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:06 am

About as far as I'm going to get.
Image


Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest