What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year? (ver. 1)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Re: What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year?

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I wish they'd just say something to shut fans up like ''Godzilla is one of our top priorities an we aren't rushing things forward until we have it right'' Or ''Godzilla's script is just nearly completed an news will be coming forward in the following months''

Even news like that would make most of us happy.

Godzillaprime05
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzillaprime05 »

Maybe they won't release much news at all to increase hype. And thus audience numbers.
Dr. Niko Tatopoulus: This is not good! This is not good!-a truer statement was never made

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

I'd like some news that proves the LPG Godzilla film is actually in development, and not just these hazy "updates" every 8 months or so.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

Godzillaprime05 wrote:Maybe they won't release much news at all to increase hype. And thus audience numbers.
That isn't how "hype" works.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Chris55 wrote:
Goji wrote:I'd like some news that proves the LPG Godzilla film is actually in development, and not just these hazy "updates" every 8 months or so.
What I posted is from Legendary themselves.
Pfft..wow, all I had to do was scroll up a bit. I missed that. Thanks!
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Chris55 wrote:For those of you who care, here's some info on the background of the movie:

1 August 2007 Optioned Property
9 September 2008 Development Unknown
29 March 2010 Optioned Property
26 October 2010 Script
Undergoing rewrites.
10 November 2011 Script work continues
Very nice work chris!
How were you able to obtain that info from Legendary?

im curious as to what is taking the script so long though. Are they waiting on Toho approval or were there just other delays?
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

JessPrime
Yojimbo

Post by JessPrime »

Living Corpse wrote:1. We finished the script.

2. We're looking for the cast. Once we find them all we will start filming.

3. We finally decided on a design.

4. Here is concept art of the new final design. Enjoy and let us get back to work.
Pretty much this.

DinoZillaGod
GPN Volunteer

Post by DinoZillaGod »

Im hoping for some concept art and whether or not they'll use Toho monsters like Bagan, Rodan, Anguirus or others, or their own.

Breakdown
Keizer

Re: Best that could happen in 2012

Post by Breakdown »

Anything signifigant really. Posters, Cast, sign that the script is finished, etc.

I hope for atleast a sneak peek at some concept art even if its unusued, that way we can get some of idea of the direction they're going in terms of the design.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

CookieMonster
Yojimbo

Post by CookieMonster »

I'm hoping for some cast announcements, and maybe some concept art this year.

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

I just want some goddamn news!
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

CookieMonster
Yojimbo

Post by CookieMonster »

shinmattiathekaiju wrote:I just want some goddamn news!
I know, seriously!

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

The thing to think about and trust me i was worrying a lot too for awhile is that big movies like this, especially if they plan on making it a franchise, are going to take some time to develope more so than a lot of others. Examples I can think of are Transformers where the movie was announced in 2003 and didnt come out til 2007 and Avengers was planned way back in '08 and is coming out in 2012. Chris Nolan was brought on to direct Batman Begins in 2003 so I understand where big stuff like this will take some time especiallly if they are making a big franchise from this.
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

shinmattiathekaiju wrote:I just want some goddamn news!
Tsk tsk, you're awfully demanding.
Good news we must have, not long we wait.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

fgravagna
Ronin

Post by fgravagna »

that it actually gets released

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Hellspawn28 wrote:I just like some info on the story. After Ghost Rider 2, I just hope the writer does a good job on Goyer's story for the film. Ghost Rider 2 is based on the story that Goyer wrote and the plot is very weak to honest.

David Goyer wasn't on Godzilla very long, I assume he just did it for Legendary Pictures before he started another project he was signed onto. I believe he just wrote the outline of the story an Max is working on the dialog an character's.

I read somewhere a while ago while scrolling threw web pages that Callaham's script was completely rejected, So really this is Godzilla's second writer i wouldn't complain if they brought in someone else. Just make sure we have a solid plot an likable character's.

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:

I read somewhere a while ago while scrolling threw web pages that Callaham's script was completely rejected, So really this is Godzilla's second writer i wouldn't complain if they brought in someone else. Just make sure we have a solid plot an likable character's.

Tsk tsk. You are asking too much.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

Something gets announced, and we get a release date. I remember the wistful days when I used to frequent this subforum, but its now speculation built upon speculation. It's even weirder than that even. It's like...nitpicky speculation. Speculating about the weirdest tiny granuals to feed the ravenous hordes needs for speculation.....
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

^Good point Gorosaurus Rex. This subforum has got nothing going for it but members continue to agree that speculating over a film that has yet to reach any kind of progress (to our knowledge) is better than discussing the more serious issues with it. Its unbelievable how many threads has opened up with regards to how Godzilla should be etc. My only concern now is that we are in 2012 and we still don't even have a title for this film yet. I consider myself a bitter Godzilla fan after the let down of the final film and the last American Hollywood attempt, 2 films which had potential to make a big impact. So of course there is concern over this project and I want to know what's going on. Its as if Legendary Pictures is in complete disregard to the fan base that have been sticking to this thing since the comic con tease.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

tenup wrote:^Good point Gorosaurus Rex. This subforum has got nothing going for it but members continue to agree that speculating over a film that has yet to reach any kind of progress (to our knowledge) is better than discussing the more serious issues with it. Its unbelievable how many threads has opened up with regards to how Godzilla should be etc. My only concern now is that we are in 2012 and we still don't even have a title for this film yet. I consider myself a bitter Godzilla fan after the let down of the final film and the last American Hollywood attempt, 2 films which had potential to make a big impact. So of course there is concern over this project and I want to know what's going on. Its as if Legendary Pictures is in complete disregard to the fan base that have been sticking to this thing since the comic con tease.
I can't stand fans who feel their entitled to backroom dealings. Legendary Pictures owes you nothing and your total 100% disregard to the difficulty of actually producing a movie of this scale are baffling as a human and infuriating to me as a student of film. Legendary isn't just making a Godzilla film, they're trying to a brand and a reliable franchise out of Godzilla. They have to plan this, way before even pre-production so that this is not only a successful film, but a successful franchise.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury