What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year? (ver. 1)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Re: What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year?

Post by Giga Kaiju »

CC Teaser being shown in another convention and finally coming online.
Or a new Teaser being shown.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Tormentor
Interpol Agent

Post by Tormentor »

-Well, we got Drew Pearce polishing the script to age up characters within the script.
-Casting will begin after Drew is done (Four weeks), so we know that it'll start early November.
-And we have news of LP aiming to start production within Canada

Damn...2012 is hands down, the most news packed year that we've had in regards to LP's GODZILLA. Lets hope we get much more news soon before the year is over.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Tormentor wrote: Damn...2012 is hands down, the most news packed year that we've had in regards to LP's GODZILLA. Lets hope we get much more news soon before the year is over.
And we will! Especially with casting in 4 weeks!
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Thinking about i think every single news we wanted to hear has been announced so far. 8-)
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

Giga Kaiju wrote:Thinking about i think every single news we wanted to hear has been announced so far. 8-)
Well, most of it and slightly more.

In the beginning of this thread, we mostly wanted:
1. Finished/Approved Script
2. Trailer
3. Concept Art
4. Announcement of Casting

Thus far, most of it has been made know.

1. Official Title Art/Concept art of Movie Title(From the Movie Poster)
2. Movie Poster
3. Teaser (Although it was never leaked/exposed to the public completely)
4. Interviews and panels
5. Finished Script (Although going through the process of polish and aging up characters)
6. Casting Begins after the next 4 weeks (When the script is done being polished and is officially complete)
7. Official Movie Release Date (May 16 2014, though it could change at anytime, none the less it is still official until such a thing happens)

The only thing not accounted for is:

Concept Design of Godzilla. And you can't really use the teaser as an example, it just shows that they are on the right path and we know the direction of the film in terms of tone and basic idea. But for all we know, a design could have been picked out and approved by now since they are readying themselves for production soon.

And Plot Details, we know that the film is returning Godzilla back to his dark gritty nuclear roots to that of the original 1954 Godzilla, we know this is the idea. But we don't know the details of the plot in itself. Which is understandable, but never the less, upon production we will inevitably learn about it.