What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year? (ver. 1)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
xenotactics
Monarch Researcher

Re: What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year?

Post by xenotactics »

GodzillaIsCool wrote:
"We always ask ourselves, If you turned on CNN and all of a sudden this huge creature emerges from the bay and it can breathe atomic fire, what would happen in the world? That got us very excited."
Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but I hope he is using that description loosely. Cloverfield already did a "realistic" monster movie approach.
Do you want Godzilla to sing and dance? I think that the inclusion of atomic breath in his description already indicates that the fantasy elements of the franchise are being kept very much alive.

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

xenotactics wrote:
GodzillaIsCool wrote:
"We always ask ourselves, If you turned on CNN and all of a sudden this huge creature emerges from the bay and it can breathe atomic fire, what would happen in the world? That got us very excited."
Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but I hope he is using that description loosely. Cloverfield already did a "realistic" monster movie approach.
Do you want Godzilla to sing and dance? I think that the inclusion of atomic breath in his description already indicates that the fantasy elements of the franchise are being kept very much alive.
Atomic stuff is SCIENCE!
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

GodzillaIsCool
Interpol Agent

Post by GodzillaIsCool »

That isn't what I am saying at all. I don't want Godzilla to go quesy-cam. Holy shit.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

GodzillaIsCool wrote:That isn't what I am saying at all. I don't want Godzilla to go quesy-cam. Holy shit.

Thats not what Thomas Tull is saying either. Basically what he is saying is if Godzilla all of the sudden appeared what would happen in the world? What would be the consequences of it? Would he destroy us or would he defend us from other threats? Hes pretty much talking about how to bring Godzilla into this modern generation.
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

GodzillaIsCool wrote:That isn't what I am saying at all. I don't want Godzilla to go quesy-cam. Holy shit.
Hell no! I want see the titular character in his full glory, not just few body parts through shaky cam.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

GodzillaIsCool
Interpol Agent

Post by GodzillaIsCool »

I hope that is what he means! He seems like the man btw.

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

Soo....Friday is here (Or its almost Friday for different timezones). Kapow starts this weekend, anyone think we'll get some edible info upon Godzilla?

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Fingers are crossed big time! :g2k:

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

So I thought about what Edwards could possibly have to say regarding this new Godzilla movie and would expect either of the following statements:

Edwards
1."I'm not allowed to give away too much, but I can give everyone a heads up on something big to come within the next couple of months."

2."Well so far we have a script and are currently working on casting auditions. We are just about set to begin filming within the next few months."

3."I just finished watching the entire 29 Godzilla films. My favorite one is the American version."

The 3rd statement is something to worry about.

Destroyer
G-Grasper

Post by Destroyer »

Well Gareth Edwards will be at Kapow and rumor has it there will be Godzilla news. I'll be posting it over at Unleash the Fanboy since a colleague will be there giving me any scoop on G.
Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. ~Ephesians 5:16

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Destroyer_199

Owner of http://destroyer14.com/

Editor/Reviewer for http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/.

Godzillabrawler
Monarch Researcher

Post by Godzillabrawler »

tenup wrote:2."Well so far we have a script and are currently working on casting auditions. We are just about set to begin filming within the next few months."
This seems like wishful thinking. I doubt this will be announced any time soon. It'd be nice, if a bit out of left field considering we haven't gotten anything this major on the film recently.
tenup wrote:1."I'm not allowed to give away too much, but I can give everyone a heads up on something big to come within the next couple of months."
I'd be content with this kind of response, because then we'd have a heads up to get excited about.
"There's two things you don't know about the Earth. One is me. And the other is... Godzilla."

ZillaEra
GPN Volunteer

Post by ZillaEra »

The director's panel Gareth Edwards will participate in begins at 7:00 PM London time, which is in about 20 minutes, so if we get any information, it should be in the next couple of hours.
AYBABTU.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Fingers crossed! Anticipation kills! :freak:

ZillaEra
GPN Volunteer

Post by ZillaEra »

I know, I wish I could be there.
AYBABTU.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Godzillabrawler wrote:
tenup wrote:1."I'm not allowed to give away too much, but I can give everyone a heads up on something big to come within the next couple of months."
I'd be content with this kind of response, because then we'd have a heads up to get excited about.
Don't they say something along these lines every few months though?
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Killswitch
G-Force Personnel

Post by Killswitch »

I hope we hear something from the guy, because I am starting to think this project is going to die. Oh, I expect LP to make a Godzilla film, but it won't be from this team of players.

ZillaEra
GPN Volunteer

Post by ZillaEra »

AYBABTU.

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

sonuva bitch! All this time and we get the same basic info from edwards. It seems like he himself doesn't know exactly what LP intends to do with Godzilla. Well Im going to do myself the favor of just forgetting that LP has ever mentioned anything about this film. I mean a title for the film is not even established amongst the fandom. 'Yeah I cant wait for Godzilla 201X'.

Destroyer
G-Grasper

Post by Destroyer »

Wow, basically we learned nothing new.
Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. ~Ephesians 5:16

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Destroyer_199

Owner of http://destroyer14.com/

Editor/Reviewer for http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

We still got San Diego Comic Con in July to get some more news and New York Comic Con in October
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012