What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year? (ver. 1)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
tenup
G-Force Personnel

What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year? (ver. 1)

Post by tenup »

If LP can get a trailer out by Dark Knight Rises then it will best suit the hype as many people will attend theaters for the 3rd Bat installment. Too many of you are guessing a 2014 release date but I wont settle on that until LP themselves make it official. Not to say that they will pull a rabbit out of their hat for a 2012 release but sometime in 2013 is very possible at this point. Personnally Im tired of the bits of news they've released so far with nothing to show for it. The next time they release any material it should be a trailer with a release date. Otherwise it would seem like the big budget movie company is stuck on this project and have no direction which will leave many of us hanging. Plus I think LP owes it up to the fans who they hyped 2 years ago and left us in the dark ever since.

FlamingZilla23
Interpol Agent

Re: Best that could happen in 2012

Post by FlamingZilla23 »

it will probably be a teaser trailer. the real trailer will probably be out the year after.
Proud member of Toho Kingdom since 2011

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

A trailer.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

Eunectes
Gotengo Officer

Post by Eunectes »

A trailer, concept art, and Godzilla's official look next year and i'll he happy. Godzilla's enemy late 2012

Hipster Thor
Gotengo Officer

Post by Hipster Thor »

For the world to end.
"My opinion matters and you need to hear, it regardless of how rude and obnoxious my posts are, because I'm smarter than all of you."
It isn't conderacting if i'm pissed.
Let's dance.

http://20sideshero.tumblr.com/

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

For all those obnoxious doomsayers to finally shut their yappers.

therealmccoy
EDF Instructor

Post by therealmccoy »

Space Hunter M wrote:For all those obnoxious doomsayers to finally shut their yappers.
Yeah, I get tired of hearing that crap too.

As for the point of the discussion, I really don't care what they give us. I would love to see trailers and TV spots and such, but whether it happens or not is open to debate. I would like to know something is going on, but I don't really need to know. If there is something, that's really great; if not, I'm not going to lose sleep.
Join the Zone Fighter DVD initiative:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7065
Check out Jahgee's Hall of Awesome:
http://jahgeeshallofawesome.forumotion.com/
Check out my monster movie reviews at:
http://skreeonk.com/

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Hellspawn28 wrote:I feel like Pacific Rim is likely to get a teaser next July then Godzilla. I think it's likely by next year that the script will be done and we could see a release date but I'm not counting on it.
This 100%... don't expect a teaser an if your lucky we'll get a release date by summer if not by Comic-Con an the film will start production late 2012 early 2013.

Darth Calypso
Gotengo Officer

Post by Darth Calypso »

I could atleast see a cast reveal by next year.
Think With Your Dipstick Jimmy
My edited images, drawings, music, and SFX

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

shinmattiathekaiju wrote:A trailer.

With pictures.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

Huan_of_Valinor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Huan_of_Valinor »

as others have said, absolute best case scenario is we would get a teaser trailer next year, but the news should trickle in reguardless. I wouldn't be surprised if they're a bit further along than we suspect (it's clearly not coming out next year tho)

as for doomsayers and people predicting the rapture, they clearly haven't actually read the Bible, which pretty clearly states that the world will end BUT also says that no one would know when it's gonna happen. So much for that :lol:
Gojirawars 03 wrote: The Giant Condor is a blessing upon this Earth, however. He's easily the most important and most powerful kaiju in the franchise. so powerful that Godzilla is helpless against his power, and pleads for mercy, which the gracious Condor grants him. I mean, even the editor wasn't able to show a single shot of the Condor onscreen for more than half a second, because no-one can handle that much sheer power for more than a second.

DeadpoolsbetterThanU
JXSDF Technician

Post by DeadpoolsbetterThanU »

I'd be happy with a poster. Simple, just to let us know they haven't forgotten about it. A trailer, even if it was just a teaser, should be put on hold until a year before.
CHIMICHANGA!!!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Nothing says AMURIKA like cars, explosives, guns, hot chicks, and tons of money being spent on it.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

A teaser poster, Cast announced.
But a Teaser trailer maybe of Pacific rim.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

DaddlerTheDalek
Monarch Researcher

Post by DaddlerTheDalek »

Teaser Poster & Teaser Trailer
Tails wrote:You're watching a Poster!

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Huan_of_Valinor wrote:as others have said, absolute best case scenario is we would get a teaser trailer next year, but the news should trickle in reguardless. I wouldn't be surprised if they're a bit further along than we suspect (it's clearly not coming out next year tho)

as for doomsayers and people predicting the rapture, they clearly haven't actually read the Bible, which pretty clearly states that the world will end BUT also says that no one would know when it's gonna happen. So much for that :lol:
Thank you.

On topic, I'm just hoping that we get ANYTHING.

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year?

Post by Blackout286 »

An innocent question no doubt.

As most of you recalled, last year had a decent flow of news. We got to learn about the process of script writers (Handling this movie) who would either improve on a already established script or make one up completely. It wasn't amazing, but it was pretty decent more or less. And to be honest, that was one of the news that I wanted to hear. That a good script writer would be announced and attached to the film.

But that was 2011. This is 2012.

For 2012, I hope that the film's script finally becomes complete and approved sometime by the end of this year. Or maybe even during the summer. And with that, announced to the world. Or umm...Internet? That's pretty much it at the moment.

Anyone else hope for any specific news to be announced this year? Approved Script? Possibly Casting? Maybe more Interviews?

Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year?

Post by Zilla103192 »

You know...

I'd be happy id we just saw some official legit LEGENDARY approved concept art.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

GodzillaIsCool
Interpol Agent

Post by GodzillaIsCool »

zilla103192 wrote:You know...

This.

Varan 1958
Interpol Agent

Post by Varan 1958 »

zilla103192 wrote:You know...

To be honest, I hope they reveal the final design before opening night.
shinmattiathekaiju wrote:
GodzillaIsCool wrote:Should we just start spreading our own rumors that Jet Jaguar makes a comeback in this movie? And Godzilla will be stop and go motion puppet?
Or riding a bike with Minilla while singing Born To Be Wild.

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

I hope that more detailed interviews surface, and possibly the announcement of the script being completed and approved. I don't think that I can expect more than that lol