What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year? (ver. 1)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Re: What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year?

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

tenup wrote:How this forum continues to stay active is beyond me. I want something come time the Dark Knight Rises is released. At this point nothing is too soon with this film.
Hope never dies bro.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

While i'm not gonna get myself all up an excited for this to avoid disappointment if no news is revealed, it should be expected that question's about LP Godzilla film will without question be asked Edward's should have something to announce about the project.

I'd just be happy with a release date, or the script is being approved by Toho an expect something big at Comic-Con this year.. That's the most i'm expecting for now... Concept Art would just send me threw the roof though. So here's hope.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

With Comic Conso close this year, i hope more News revealed, anything.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

gatorzilla wrote:
Blackout286 wrote:I wonder if we'll hear anything new coming this summer.

A few people that I don't know all to well (But are huge G-fans), find that we might get something from this event.
http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movies/ ... apow/10118

I doubt we'll get anything from it though.
Now there we go! This could be a place to get atleast SOME of our questions answered! Nothing is guarenteed but atleast its better than nothing. Do you know anyone going or is anyone here going?

Probably some of the questions that would most likely be answered if asked

1) Update on a script? Is it completed and approved?
2) Whats causing the delay/lack of news?
3) When can filming or casting be expected to begin?
The only person who I know (well, most of us know) that is going to the event is Tormentor, that's about it.

I'm sure that Mr. Edward will most likely be blasted with some Godzilla related questions, the somewhat real question to think about is "How informing will his answers be?" We all know that he can't just flat-out spill the beans, but I think he also knows that he can't just leave us or anyone with scraps of info that we most likely have already heard about. He'll probably try to do that due to higher-ups, but hopefully the guy will be able to toss us a few bones.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Living Corpse wrote:I honestly wouldn't expect to hear anything until next years Comic Con. It seems like they're trying to get this film out in 2014 (the Big G's 60th b-day).
Regardless on if Godzilla doesn't appear until 2014, There are several films already given release dates for 2014 an even 2015. There is no reason Legendary can't give a projected release date during Comic-Con this year.

6 months have already passed since Max B was announced script writer already..

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:I honestly wouldn't expect to hear anything until next years Comic Con. It seems like they're trying to get this film out in 2014 (the Big G's 60th b-day).
Regardless on if Godzilla doesn't appear until 2014, There are several films already given release dates for 2014 an even 2015. There is no reason Legendary can't give a projected release date during Comic-Con this year.

6 months have already passed since Max B was announced script writer already..

Exactly! Re watching that interview with Brian Rogers he states 2012 was a target release date never official since it was "such a large project" but your right we are way overdue for a big announcement now

My hope is that we either get big news this weekend or at least small info that keeps us happy and they release big stuff at comic con

My BIG concern with this weekend is that people wont ask the right questions like script update, release date, beginning of filming etc.
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

A Teaser Trailer only showing Godzilla name with Footsteps or a Teaser poster like this:

tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

xenotactics
Monarch Researcher

Post by xenotactics »

gatorzilla wrote:How is nobody able to ask these guys or Legendary staff themselves what the deal is?
There are people out there who would be in a position to ask such questions, but those people are either disinterested in Godzilla or distracted by upcoming Batman/other Legendary news.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

xenotactics wrote:
gatorzilla wrote:How is nobody able to ask these guys or Legendary staff themselves what the deal is?
There are people out there who would be in a position to ask such questions, but those people are either disinterested in Godzilla or distracted by upcoming Batman/other Legendary news.
Which has me a little worried people may not ask the right questions this weekend. This could be a golden oppurtunity atleast until comic con if that

xenotactics
Monarch Researcher

Post by xenotactics »

gatorzilla wrote:
xenotactics wrote:
Which has me a little worried people may not ask the right questions this weekend. This could be a golden oppurtunity atleast until comic con if that
Well, thankfully, people won't be asking Edwards about Batman (at least I hope not). The fact that he's there likely indicates some sort of announcement regardless of which questions get asked. It seems to indicate that things may be back on track. I don't know of any other reason that Edwards would attend.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

xenotactics wrote:
Well, thankfully, people won't be asking Edwards about Batman (at least I hope not). The fact that he's there likely indicates some sort of announcement regardless of which questions get asked. It seems to indicate that things may be back on track. I don't know of any other reason that Edwards would attend.

That is what Im hoping. Like I said earlier he is not there to promote any other movie and Legendary has no movies set for 2014. I would really love to know a release date and when filming will begin.

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

If there is no info for Edwards to release by now then obviously the project is in distress. But I think we all expect something from Edwards. At least that everything is finally underway and should expect something within the next year.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Here's a little something i found on LP's facebook page

Its an article talking about Thomas Tull and Godzilla is talked about in the last paragraph. Actually the whole paragraph is about the new Godzilla
Movies are still his main focus, though, and one of his next big projects is a new Godzilla. "We sat down and said, ‘What does Godzilla mean?' How do we tell a story that touches on that and takes it to a new level?" In the 1950s, as Japan recovered from atomic bombs, Godzilla represented something very real. And now? "Godzilla is an unbelievable primal fear. We always ask ourselves, If you turned on CNN and all of a sudden this huge creature emerges from the bay and it can breathe atomic fire, what would happen in the world? That got us very excited."
heres the whole article
http://www.fastcompany.com/most-creativ ... homas-tull

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

gatorzilla wrote:Here's a little something i found on LP's facebook page

Its an article talking about Thomas Tull and Godzilla is talked about in the last paragraph. Actually the whole paragraph is about the new Godzilla
Movies are still his main focus, though, and one of his next big projects is a new Godzilla. "We sat down and said, ‘What does Godzilla mean?' How do we tell a story that touches on that and takes it to a new level?" In the 1950s, as Japan recovered from atomic bombs, Godzilla represented something very real. And now? "Godzilla is an unbelievable primal fear. We always ask ourselves, If you turned on CNN and all of a sudden this huge creature emerges from the bay and it can breathe atomic fire, what would happen in the world? That got us very excited."
heres the whole article

Great find man, I honestly have slightly renewed faith in the project, I think it's finally gonna start moving along after this summers big blockbusters pass.... It's great to see even if its brief the approach an excitement they have for Godzilla an i believe this will be the film we all should have gotten in 1998.

Thomas Tull has nothing but respect from me after all i have read about him, He's probably the main reason they got the rights from Toho an the reason this will stay true to Toho's franchise.

xenotactics
Monarch Researcher

Post by xenotactics »

tenup wrote:If there is no info for Edwards to release by now then obviously the project is in distress. But I think we all expect something from Edwards. At least that everything is finally underway and should expect something within the next year.
I take comfort in the idea that if there isn't anything to report, there would be very little reason for him to be there.

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

gatorzilla wrote:Here's a little something i found on LP's facebook page

heres the whole article
Well now, this should help damp the drought of info that we've been having. Great job there gatorzilla. Still, hopefully, with this news as some sort of green-light, there might be some interesting news coming from the KAPOW event.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Nice to hear more "News" about it but im expecting that we would hear more at Comic Con if not close to that.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

I think its probably safe to say this movie is about to move full steam ahead soon. Hopefully we will get a lot more info this weekend or SDCC or even in between

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Thank Christ! (I Hope thats the case).

GodzillaIsCool
Interpol Agent

Post by GodzillaIsCool »

"We always ask ourselves, If you turned on CNN and all of a sudden this huge creature emerges from the bay and it can breathe atomic fire, what would happen in the world? That got us very excited."
Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but I hope he is using that description loosely. Cloverfield already did a "realistic" monster movie approach.