What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year? (ver. 1)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Re: What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year?

Post by gatorzilla »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:With Batman going into hibernation (most likely) for a while now, Legendary may find themselves a little more eager to jump-start their next potential franchise. Could be good for Godzilla.
My thoughts exactly though I do worry about Legendary thinking that Man of Steel or Pacific Rim will be their next big franchises instead but I would think they would not considering Pacific Rim is an unproven film and will probably end up just being one movie and Man of Steel is hanging by a thread because should the film not do as good its been reported Warner Bros will not do any Superman movies for awhile so they could very well be waiting for TDKR to get done and then focus on Godzilla as their next big franchise.
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

In response to Livingcorpse, of course LP will eventually bust out something related to Godzilla. But that doesn't mean that by that time Edwards and company will still be involved. This is what I meant by being scrapped. I see it being similar to the 94' Tristar Godzilla being scrapped in favor for Emmerich's forsaken attempt. It might just turn out that Del Toro may eventually get on board for Godzilla depending on his success with Pacific Rim.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Living Corpse wrote:
Viva la revolucion! wrote:Oh thank god. Edwards is a great director, and it would sad to see him replaced by a talentless hack.
He's only had one film. Can't really say he's good or bad. :?
Well Monsters wasn't that great. That's the only work of his I've seen. It wasn't bad at all, it just isn't as great as people seem to say.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Tyler wrote:Del Toro was asked multiple times to turn Pacific Rim into Godzilla and he refused.
Never really cared for Del Toro anyways and its because of that that i find it hard to get excited about Pacific Rim. Dont understand why that was on Legendary's list ahead of Godzilla or why Del Toro wouldnt want to just make it into a Godzilla movie as the plot sounds exactly something you would see in a G-film

Ethan
G-Grasper

Post by Ethan »

I hope the estimated budget is announced.
"If only all garden variety fans had just one neck!"

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Tyler wrote:
gatorzilla wrote:Never really cared for Del Toro anyways and its because of that that i find it hard to get excited about Pacific Rim. Dont understand why that was on Legendary's list ahead of Godzilla or why Del Toro wouldnt want to just make it into a Godzilla movie as the plot sounds exactly something you would see in a G-film
I could do without giant robots in G films from now on.
As could I but the thing that annoys me the most is that this movie became a top priority over Godzilla and i dont understand why and I have a very hard time getting excited for it when anytime I see anything about this movie I think that it couldve been about Godzilla instead. If they wanted to combine this with Godzilla they should've done it before Del Toro got involved.

GodzillaIsCool
Interpol Agent

Post by GodzillaIsCool »

My next comment is not based on fact, just a guess to see what people have to say...

You think Legendary/WB is waiting to see how the Hobbit is going to do with the whole 48 FPS? If it takes off they might push it on the new Godzilla movie?

Which I am aware a lot of early reviews of the 48 FPS footage is leaning towards bad.

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

GodzillaIsCool wrote:My next comment is not based on fact, just a guess to see what people have to say...

You think Legendary/WB is waiting to see how the Hobbit is going to do with the whole 48 FPS? If it takes off they might push it on the new Godzilla movie?

Which I am aware a lot of early reviews of the 48 FPS footage is leaning towards bad.
Its a decent assumption, from what I heard and read about the 48 FPS footage was that to most, it looked like a TV soap opera show. (Someone used General Hospital as a example) Saying that there was no cinematic appearance and that the adventurous settings/movie settings looked like a normal set that you would see in a, you guessed it, a TV show.

There's nothing wrong with change, but this is really going to tear the audience/people wanting to see down in half for that film.

I don't think LP will be going with the new 48 fps format for the Godzilla film, in fear of turning potential audiences off, its something that might be avoided.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

So aside from the brief Gareth Edwards and Max Borenstein interviews back in March we have nothing? How is nobody able to ask these guys or Legendary staff themselves what the deal is? I'd like to know what is the whole secrecy thing is about and also how the script is coming along if its finished and been approved? Will there be anything at Comic Con?

So many questions. Is this Toho causing the delay? If so why would they?

Anyone that goes to comic con this year really should just ask Legendary whats the progress on the movie? We are STARVING for something.

Didnt Thomas Tull say awhile back at last years either SD or NY comic con to "stay tuned for an update on a project called Godzilla" or something lke that?

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Yes, but not intentionally.

Toho let Tristar have creative freedom in 1998, and look how that turned out. They're going to be anal up Legendary's ass to make sure they don't fuck up their shit.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

I sorta like this secrecy, honestly. Sorta how Cloverfield went and I really enjoy that movie (though many hate it). I just hope the tension is worth it...

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

JVM wrote:
Yes, but not intentionally.

Toho let Tristar have creative freedom in 1998, and look how that turned out. They're going to be anal up Legendary's ass to make sure they don't skreeonk up their shit.
Hopefully Borensteins script was approved by Toho. I dont want this to turn into a deal where we have to constantly wait because Toho is rejecting every single idea

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

A lot of people speculate that Toho might be the reason for the delay but what if it's Legendary that isn't pleased? Or Thomas Tull who is keeping a close eye on the project isn't? Even so, Let's say it is Toho who is causing the delay Legendary knew from the get-go Toho was not gonna-be hands''off this project like they were with Sony an Tri-Star's film, an i'm sure they weren't really to optimistic about giving the right's up either...

Several meeting's over a year or so ''from what i read'' it took before Legendary was given the right's and i'm sure a lot of $$$ was also another reason.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

GodzillaIsCool wrote:My next comment is not based on fact, just a guess to see what people have to say...

Pardon my ignorance, but what is 48 FPS? I mean I get that it's frames-per-second or something, but what does it look like/mean?
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Tohosaurus wrote: Pardon my ignorance, but what is 48 FPS? I mean I get that it's frames-per-second or something, but what does it look like/mean?
It's twice as much as the normal film frame rate (24fps).

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

I wonder if we'll hear anything new coming this summer.

A few people that I don't know all to well (But are huge G-fans), find that we might get something from this event.
http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movies/ ... apow/10118

I doubt we'll get anything from it though.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Blackout286 wrote:I wonder if we'll hear anything new coming this summer.

A few people that I don't know all to well (But are huge G-fans), find that we might get something from this event.
http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movies/ ... apow/10118

I doubt we'll get anything from it though.
Now there we go! This could be a place to get atleast SOME of our questions answered! Nothing is guarenteed but atleast its better than nothing. Do you know anyone going or is anyone here going?

Probably some of the questions that would most likely be answered if asked

1) Update on a script? Is it completed and approved?
2) Whats causing the delay/lack of news?
3) When can filming or casting be expected to begin?

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

gatorzilla wrote:So aside from the brief Gareth Edwards and Max Borenstein interviews back in March we have nothing? How is nobody able to ask these guys or Legendary staff themselves what the deal is? I'd like to know what is the whole secrecy thing is about and also how the script is coming along if its finished and been approved? Will there be anything at Comic Con?

Anyone that goes to comic con this year really should just ask Legendary whats the progress on the movie? We are STARVING for something.

Didnt Thomas Tull say awhile back at last years either SD or NY comic con to "stay tuned for an update on a project called Godzilla" or something lke that?
It is frustrating having to wait so long for what little info we keep getting but to be honest this is par for the course. Tristar's Godzilla went through a simaler development cycle.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:^ If nothing else, Edwards should know that he's going to blasted with Godzilla-related questions there. I'm hoping Legendary is smart enough to prepare a few tidbits for him to release.
Thats what Im hoping for. Either he has a few tidbits to release or people actually ask the questions that we've been asking for so long

and cloverfan98 thats why Im hoping we get a little new info at this even next weekend.

The thing i noticed is hes not there to promote a new movie so you would think he would be prepared for questions on Godzilla

I look at this as one of the 2 chances (Legendary at Comic Con in July)we will have this summer where we can ask questions and get a legit idea of where this project is headed and how its shaping up

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

How this forum continues to stay active is beyond me. I want something come time the Dark Knight Rises is released. At this point nothing is too soon with this film.