What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year? (ver. 1)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Tormentor
Interpol Agent

Re: What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year?

Post by Tormentor »

Well, its not much. But it is technically an interview.

http://www.scienceandentertainmentexcha ... borenstein
Anything you can share about your next project? Here is your chance to go crazy!

"My next project is a reboot of Godzilla for Legendary Pictures and the folks behind the recent Batman trilogy. Our director is the young and enviably talented Gareth Edwards, whose vision for a fresh but faithful update of this beloved classic will – I feel safe in saying – kick major ass. Wish I could go crazy and tell you more, but I am pretty sure I would then be contractually obligated to be shot."

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Tormentor wrote:Well, its not much. But it is technically an interview.

http://www.scienceandentertainmentexcha ... borenstein
Anything you can share about your next project? Here is your chance to go crazy!

"My next project is a reboot of Godzilla for Legendary Pictures and the folks behind the recent Batman trilogy. Our director is the young and enviably talented Gareth Edwards, whose vision for a fresh but faithful update of this beloved classic will – I feel safe in saying – kick major ass. Wish I could go crazy and tell you more, but I am pretty sure I would then be contractually obligated to be shot."
While not much its nice to finally hear from the writer Max. Love hearing him talk about Edwards vision for Godzilla makes me really excited for this! Im still not sure what the secrecy is but maybe what they have planned for this new franchise is huge?

Hopefully this will shut up the doom and gloom naysayers for a little bit
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

Interesting, and its a recent interview as well. Not a bad find there Tormentor, not bad at all.
This is our only interview from the writer, and probably will be the only one for a long time. Need more info!

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

gatorzilla wrote:
Tormentor wrote:

Mattia WANTS! MORE! INFO!
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

GodzillaIsCool
Interpol Agent

Post by GodzillaIsCool »

Damn NDA's.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:At least Borenstein is implying that all the silence regarding the project is intentional, secrecy rather than total inactivity as many fear.
I wonder why though they want to keep it so tightly under wraps?
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

^ I guess they're going down the Cloverfield route to build up hype. Hopefully they wont disappoint.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Gyaos wrote:^ I guess they're going down the Cloverfield route to build up hype. Hopefully they wont disappoint.
They're secretly filming in an underground bunker on the moon. Very hush hush ;)
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Gyaos wrote:^ I guess they're going down the Cloverfield route to build up hype. Hopefully they wont disappoint.
They're secretly filming in an underground bunker on the moon. Very hush hush ;)
Well PopInPics, if we go back to what Mr. Borenstein said, you're now contractually obligated to be shot. Good day :lol:
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Gyaos wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Well PopInPics, if we go back to what Mr. Borenstein said, you're now contractually obligated to be shot. Good day :lol:
Bah, I never signed the contract. I have a mole on the inside :P
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Togera
Ronin

Post by Togera »

shinmattiathekaiju wrote:-Concept arts.

-Actors.

-Plot details.

-Trailors.
I agree. I hope they AT LEAST give us trailers of a release date
Running is not an option in the apocalypse. Unless its a Kaiju Apocalypse...THEN you run....

RodzSquad
Young Farmer

Post by RodzSquad »

Just bring him back! I truly miss this character, he's been part of my life since the mid seventies when I first lad eyes on him. Not just him, but all of them big part of my youth eagerly excited for the monster week marathons was pure joy. I have all the Godzilla films on DVD including 1985 and Biollante. I drive my wife and kids nuts with collecting his toys and never taking him out of the packaging. Godzilla means alot to me because he represents a time in my life when everything made sense. I know I'm a mark but it is what it is.. Only the Japanese can truly bring him back as he should be. Not to keen on Legendary Pictures getting involved (visions of the Broderick movie still haunts me). Miss the big Guy..... Bring him back but do it RIGHT! (Sorry for rambling, but had to get that out)

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Post by hammysammy59 »

gatorzilla wrote:
Cimmerian Dragon wrote:At least Borenstein is implying that all the silence regarding the project is intentional, secrecy rather than total inactivity as many fear.
I wonder why though they want to keep it so tightly under wraps?
With Pacific Rim and Monsterpocalypse in the works, they might be guarding against having their ideas hijacked, and simultaneously protecting themselves from being accused of the same. But yeah, it is refreshing to know that the silence means the project is being closely guarded instead of rotting in development hell.
Haters gonna hate

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

There is work being done on this project, I'm pretty sure we can all be placated by this rather evident fact. Few projects in Hollywood just lay inactive for months. However, the real issue seems to concern forward momentum. Will a script be finalized this year? Honestly, at this point we just need a cast announced and a shooting schedule. Release dates most likely won't come for quiet some time.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

Hellspawn28 wrote:Well the upcoming Ninja Turtles movie just got a release date with no cast and I don't think the screen play for the movie is done neither. I think a release date could be given since we are still in March.
That seems more like a assumption kind of date, or a date that they're trying to finish and release on time. No screeplay, or cast, that just tells you that they are most likely just grasping straws.

A release date for this film being announced this year is somewhat possible, just gotta hope that the script is completely done and approved if such a time comes.

FlamingZilla23
Interpol Agent

Post by FlamingZilla23 »

(2012) I hope to hear an interview from the director and producers, just alitte something to the fans just to let them know that the film isn't "dead" but still living. Also any cast or potential release dates but that type of information will likely be in 2013 which i predict we will get more news.
Proud member of Toho Kingdom since 2011

B5Erik
Ronin

Post by B5Erik »

Right now I just want to hear some news that the movie is actually going to be filmed in the next 12 months...

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I want to hear the movie's been cancelled.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I still want to see this movie happen, even if it's truly Godzilla's last. I don't want the franchise to end with a whimper, or a misfire like GFW.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Rody wrote:I still want to see this movie happen, even if it's truly Godzilla's last. I don't want the franchise to end with a whimper, or a misfire like GFW.
Why? We have twenty-nine films already, most of which are crap anyway. Why taint Godzilla's legacy any further?
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.