Where should the next big battle take place?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Where should the next big battle take place?

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Everyone has talked about who the next big bad should be, but has anyone really thrown out ideal battlefields for the next film? The MV really does like its battles to take place in different locals, with the Godzilla films swapping coasts and Hong Kong being the center of GvK. Part of me really wants to see the MV demolish NYC, especially if we can get landmarks like the Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building getting destroyed. Though, I'd also welcome a return to Japan with a battle in Tokyo.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher

Re: Where should the next big battle take place?

Post by Showzilla »

Strap them to rockets and launch them at Tel Aviv

Memes aside, Brasília

TriassicTerror
Samurai

Post by TriassicTerror »

NYC or Tokyo would both be neat but I'd really like to see Singapore, Mumbai, or Dubai. I'd be even more into something full of really recognizable landmarks like Cairo. Maybe not for a final battle but I'd be really excited to see a monster rampage through Pittsburgh! It wouldn't work for a fight due to the scale of the structures but seeing a Titan at Angkor Watt or one of the Latin American pyramids would make for a really cool visual.
Last edited by TriassicTerror on Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuCrazy02
Ronin

Post by KaijuCrazy02 »

I certainly think they should do some final battles in the Hollow Earth, New York City, and Tokyo. Other than those three I certainly would love to see, I would also like to see some battles take place in cities like Dubai, Rome, or if you want to have a US City, Seattle, Washington.

And while I wouldn't want this location to be in a final battle, I would love to see a monster fight at Machu Picchu.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Can we see Godzilla go to Sydney other than just a quick pitstop for an outdated joke? That be cool.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Hollow Earth, of course!
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:14 pm Can we see Godzilla go to Sydney other than just a quick pitstop for an outdated joke? That be cool.
respect for australia
For Emperor and Empire!

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Hollow Earth
Osaka
Brisbane
Singapore
Hong Kong again
Vladivostok
Seoul

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

For me, Tokyo of course, but also New York, Sydney and Dubai. I also want Seattle since it's a place I've always imagined in my own little imaginary movies and fanfics where Godzilla would destroy/battle
Last edited by Hokmuto on Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The King

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

For me,Godzilla fighting a titan in the Desert
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ConvergeTakedown
Ronin

Post by ConvergeTakedown »

How about a fight in a natural arena, like during an eruption in Iceland, Niagara Falls, a caldera or impact crater, or even a shallow area with bioluminescent plankton? Or a sand desert or snowfield, with each movement and knockdown kicking up a cloud of stuff.

Could even have an underwater-ish (depending on depth) fight at a coral reef or kelp forest, since it'd be shallow enough for visibility to not be an issue. Or embrace the dark and have a fight go down along the walls of a trench, with the only light being from frantic submersibles and the bioluminescence of each combatant.

On that note, a fight taking place in an unnaturally wide cavern in the Hollow Earth might be fun just for how claustrophobic it would be, with the added risk of the whole thing collapsing. The tunnel walls teeming with something nasty would make for a nightmarish visual, almost like an upscaled Doom level for the good monster.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I doubt they will ever visit Japan again. That’s Toho’s stomping ground.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I can easily imagine Goji fighting a Titan like, say, Gigan in the desert, blasting his atomic breath at him but missing, landing it on the sand, blasting a hole into the ground, and turning the surrounding sand into glass
Last edited by Jermobooka on Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

KaijuKingGojira
Interpol Agent

Post by KaijuKingGojira »

Don’t know about the next battle but I feel the finale battle with Godzilla and whoever the last enemy will be needs to be in Tokyo, bring it full circle and end it where Godzilla began.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

For natural locales I'd really like to see a desert/beach battle or a pine forest like the Pacific Northwest.

For cities/countries, I'd like to see NYC or Greece.

For a combination of both, I'd like to see a battle starting in Dubai ending up in the desert, or vice versa.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

A forest battle would be pretty cool! For cities, I think my top pick right now is Dubai:

Every MonsterVerse movie has had Godzilla visit SOMEWHERE in America at least once, my vote for next time is Alaska. You don't even have to have him hit Anchorage, just visiting Alaska at all would be pretty cool. ^_^

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Seoul or Busan would be cool, but probably aren't likely. Shanghai has a very solid chance of happening, though, and has plenty of iconic skyscrapers to wreck. Imagine Godzilla taking on some quick flying enemy that keeps dodging his atomic ray, and then he finally fires a shot through the opening in the Shanghai World Financial Center to take it down.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

I definitely feel like Tokyo is an eventual must to "round up" the classic references aspect, would feel like a missed opportunity not to have atleast one climactic battle set there. As for my second choice, I actually dig the idea of having a destruction or fight sequence somewhere in the middle east- particularily Dubai. Godzilla slamming an opponent through the base of the Burj Khalifa has the potential to be one hell of a striking visual. I saw someone mention Tel-Aviv here too and honestly it could be an interesting setting too, considering the monsters would tower over the majority of buildings there. Plus it would be funny to see a kaiju scuffle interrupt a typical angry Israeli traffic lmao.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

New Zealand has never been tackled. I'd like to see that.

Also be a reference to Peter Jackson who directed the 2005 King Kong film. He was born in New Zealand.

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

San Diego...during Comic-Con....oh the irony. Plus the tallest buildings are roughly the height of Godzilla so scaling would be nice. Maybe not final battle but middle fight.

I mentioned LA years ago, downtown is a small area where there are big buildings but the rest is quite flat making for interesting long shots...thrash Hollywood and the studios for fun Then an atomic blast hits the Hollywood sign hill causing it to crumble. In an Easter egg moment you see the sign pieces visible in the rubble spell Toho using the “L” upside down to represent the “T”
My own fan service...
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.