There needs to be a Kong-Rodan movie.

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

There needs to be a Kong-Rodan movie.

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

I can't put my finger on WHY, but i just LOVE the idea of a Kong-Rodan team up movie.

I have these mental images of Kong throwing trees at Rodan. And Rodan using his wind and dirty hit and run tactics on Kong.

Maybe after Kong kicks Rodan's butt, he becomes Rodan's alpha. The film could give us a new side to Kong, by giving him a his first friend and ally who is a kaiju. And it could also act as a redemption movie of sorts for Rodan since he was a villain last time and his actions lead to Mothra being killed.

From a studio perspective, a Rodan movie is less risky if Kong is also headlining it too.

Do you want to see a Kong-Rodan movie?
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: There needs to be a Kong-Rodan movie.

Post by Jermobooka »

Well when ya put it like that...hell yeah!

I never knew i needed a Kong-Rodan Hollow Earth buddy cop movie until now lol
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

This is the team-up I never knew I wanted! xD

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Now that you have described it I utterly love the idea lmao. Such a great dynamic potential, the warrior who doesn't gives up and the self serving jackass. Seeing them gradually warm up to each other and then team up in an unorthodox fashion would be glorious.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

That would be cool

Added in 1 minute 24 seconds:
Varan and Megagurius as antagonists would be dope as well

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

The Hobbes and Shaw of the Monsterverse.

ebirah_scampi
Interpol Agent

Post by ebirah_scampi »

It'd be interesting to see Rodan handle the gravity inversion flying around hollow earth. In a split second he'd go from climbing to falling towards the ceiling.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Absolutely. Honestly, that sounds even more interesting than if we somehow got a Godzilla-Rodan MV movie.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

göblin
Young Farmer

Post by göblin »

I would love that. It would also help to flesh out Rodan's personality like how Godzilla and Kong have been.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

JesstrK wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:30 am The Hobbes and Shaw of the Monsterverse.
Or Thor: Ragnarok.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Do we really need this movie?

I don't see any scenario where these two meet or befriend each other. Kong is that damn emo kid that likes to be left alone. Rodan is the class dick.

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

I kinda prefer to see Kong interact with someone new to his lore. Rodan needs more reason to cross paths with Kong, and tbh I still think he needs to flesh out his interactions with Godzilla beyond “submits at the end”.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Dynomy-DX wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:57 am I kinda prefer to see Kong interact with someone new to his lore. Rodan needs more reason to cross paths with Kong, and tbh I still think he needs to flesh out his interactions with Godzilla beyond “submits at the end”.
Agreed with that too. It would honestly be cool to see Godzilla and Rodan forming a bit more of a friendly bond than "the king and his pet parrot". Or at the very least come to somewhat understand each other leading to working together in a better manner.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

Rodan certainly needs to come back after not seeing any titans in GvK other than Kong and Godzilla. However this brings up a problem. How is Kong going to be able to withstand Rodan's fiery aura? Is he going to get another plot armor piece? Perhaps a shield made of the skeleton of Rodan's species? With a beak or talons for a make-shift weapon? It certainly would be cool to see Kong decked out in primitive warrior gear. No less crazy then a robot controlled by Ghidorah.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

goji89 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:53 am Do we really need this movie?

I don't see any scenario where these two meet or befriend each other. Kong is that damn emo kid that likes to be left alone. Rodan is the class dick.
Takes one to know one, ey ‘89? :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I think by adding Rodan to a Kong flick would certainly help and boost his popularity.

That way too by doing that, we could see if a solo Rodan film could work.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Jermobooka wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:55 pm
goji89 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:53 am Do we really need this movie?

Takes one to know one, ey ‘89? :lol:
Well of course.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:26 pm I think by adding Rodan to a Kong flick would certainly help and boost his popularity.

That way too by doing that, we could see if a solo Rodan film could work.
I Think this is a good strategy if there a idea for Rodan to have solo movie, people are more aware due to his part in this movie if it ever happens