Who will win? Who are you rooting for? Godzilla vs. Kong poll

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Who will win in Godzilla vs. Kong? AND who do you WANT to win?

Want Godzilla, predict Godzilla
45%
Want Godzilla, predict Kong
17%
Want Kong, predict Kong
4%
Want Kong, predict Godzilla
13%
Predict Godzilla, but don't really care who wins
12%
Predict Kong, but don't really care who wins
9%

Total votes: 149

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Re: Who will win? Who are you rooting for? Godzilla vs. Kong poll

Post by KingKong2005 »

miguelnuva wrote:Kong2005 if Godzilla had Ghidorah as outmatched as you think then why did he need the water and later Mothra to get an advantage? Ghidorah only powers up after Godzilla powers up and then Godzilla has to power up again to win.
Godzilla didn’t “need” to get him in the water. He was already chasing Ghidorah when he retreated. He just happened to have crossed Ghidorah’s path at the right time. The only reason godzilla got dropped was because the stupid film actually needed to pave the way for the sacrifice, literally before that Godzilla was dominating. So because Ghidorah got a powerup, now he can be stronger :roll: My boy Mikey can’t make a film for shiit!
Godzilla needed Mothra and the artic to win in the past and the film shows he and Ghidorah or rivals not equals. Ghidorah even in the showa series never physically manhandled Godzilla in part do to Ghidorah lacking arms.
Godzilla didn’t need anything in the past. He simply beat Ghidorah and Ghidorah happened to freeze over due to where they were. Ghidorah was shown as a powerhouse in DAM, in GTTHM multiple monsters were needed to take him down, in GvKG he is so close to killing Godzilla that Godzilla gets an out of nowhere lame new power just to stand a chance and save himself. But Dougherty prefers to have Godzilla be OP and completely undercut Ghidorah. I doubt we’ll be seeing him again in modern day blockbuster CGI, too. KG, Burning G, and the OD! Three birds one stone.
Once again saying Godzilla is physically stronger is another weak argument, I've seen several boxers and even a two normal people where one was stronger physically and still lost the fights. That's like saying I lost a fight to a professional weightlifter becasue the only thing I could do was shoot him with my gun.
You see, here is where that analogy falls apart. Those two boxers, for example. One lost simply because the other was a better, smarter fighter. Maybe they were faster or maybe they had the opponent gas themselves and then stepped in. Same goes for the normal people, one was a better fighter. Ghidorah wasn’t. Not even close. He had absolutely nothing going for him other than his triple gravity beam attack. He uses that to hold Godzilla off long enough to make a hasty retreat against an oncoming opponent. Since this is the only fight where they’re both base form (if you don’t wanna count the other two because “water!” and “lame powerups”, it’s still clear as day that Godzilla was dominating the Arctic fight.
Image Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

KingKong2005 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Kong2005 if Godzilla had Ghidorah as outmatched as you think then why did he need the water and later Mothra to get an advantage? Ghidorah only powers up after Godzilla powers up and then Godzilla has to power up again to win.
Godzilla didn’t “need” to get him in the water. He was already chasing Ghidorah when he retreated. He just happened to have crossed Ghidorah’s path at the right time. The only reason godzilla got dropped was because the stupid film actually needed to pave the way for the sacrifice, literally before that Godzilla was dominating. So because Ghidorah got a powerup, now he can be stronger :roll: My boy Mikey can’t make a film for shiit!
Godzilla needed Mothra and the artic to win in the past and the film shows he and Ghidorah or rivals not equals. Ghidorah even in the showa series never physically manhandled Godzilla in part do to Ghidorah lacking arms.
Godzilla didn’t need anything in the past. He simply beat Ghidorah and Ghidorah happened to freeze over due to where they were. Ghidorah was shown as a powerhouse in DAM, in GTTHM multiple monsters were needed to take him down, in GvKG he is so close to killing Godzilla that Godzilla gets an out of nowhere lame new power just to stand a chance and save himself. But Dougherty prefers to have Godzilla be OP and completely undercut Ghidorah. I doubt we’ll be seeing him again in modern day blockbuster CGI, too. KG, Burning G, and the OD! Three birds one stone.
Once again saying Godzilla is physically stronger is another weak argument, I've seen several boxers and even a two normal people where one was stronger physically and still lost the fights. That's like saying I lost a fight to a professional weightlifter becasue the only thing I could do was shoot him with my gun.
You see, here is where that analogy falls apart. Those two boxers, for example. One lost simply because the other was a better, smarter fighter. Maybe they were faster or maybe they had the opponent gas themselves and then stepped in. Same goes for the normal people, one was a better fighter. Ghidorah wasn’t. Not even close. He had absolutely nothing going for him other than his triple gravity beam attack. He uses that to hold Godzilla off long enough to make a hasty retreat against an oncoming opponent. Since this is the only fight where they’re both base form (if you don’t wanna count the other two because “water!” and “lame powerups”, it’s still clear as day that Godzilla was dominating the Arctic fight.
Expect the part where he knocks Godzilla into a hole in the ground and Godzilla is yelling.

And I just noticed we're in the wrong thread. I agree to concede our debate till we're in a more appropriate location.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sun May 24, 2020 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

miguelnuva wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
Expect the part where he knocks Godzilla into a hole in the ground and Godzilla is yelling.

And I just noticed we're in the wrong thread. I agree to concede our debate till we're in a more appropriate location.
Ditto that, we'll wrap up and agree to disagree considering we can both admirably go at it for ages :lol:
Image Image

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I'll say this....if Kong wins, the MonsterVerse can go to hell.

Kong won in the original movie, WHY come back so many years later just to have the same outcome? If G14 hadn't been a hit, then the entirety of the MonsterVerse wouldn't have even been able to go forward.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say this....if Kong wins, the MonsterVerse can go to hell.

Kong won in the original movie, WHY come back so many years later just to have the same outcome? If G14 hadn't been a hit, then the entirety of the MonsterVerse wouldn't have even been able to go forward.
There really is no where to go, any outcome can be claimed as predicable. Kong won in the Japanese movie, if Godzilla wins in the American one people will say that's predicable. If Kong wins again people will say bullshit. If it's a tie people will call the filmmakers pussies. What I want is good fights with memorable moments like maybe King Kong doing a jawbreaker on Godzilla only to get blasted in the face with atomic fire and look on in shock as Godzilla snaps his jaw back in place and maybe Kong picking up Godzilla by the tail and throwing him.

daikaijusaurus
Ronin

Post by daikaijusaurus »

I want Godzilla to win, plain and simple. BUT...I want Kong to be the toughest opponent Godzilla ever faced...at least in the Monsterverse. This needs to be a straight up no holds barred brawl to the finish, with both being heavily wounded and to the point of almost dying.

I imagine there will definitely be other monsters in this movie, but I don't want any of them to interfere with Godzilla and Kong's fight. And when/if Godzilla is declared the winner and continues as the King of the Monsters, there is a mutual respect between the two. Kong respects Godzilla as the king and Godzilla respects Kong as a strong and powerful monster that he shouldn't mess with.

That's pretty much what I would like to see. :D
My Video Channel Devoted to Toys, Video Games, Movies & TV.
https://odysee.com/@daikaijusaurus

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

daikaijusaurus wrote:I want Godzilla to win, plain and simple. BUT...I want Kong to be the toughest opponent Godzilla ever faced...at least in the Monsterverse. This needs to be a straight up no holds barred brawl to the finish, with both being heavily wounded and to the point of almost dying. And when/if Godzilla is declared the winner and continues as the King of the Monsters, there is a mutual respect between the two. Kong respects Godzilla as the king and Godzilla respects Kong as a strong and powerful monster that he shouldn't mess with.
I hope they do this too.

Added in 1 minute 15 seconds:
Living Corpse wrote:

There really is no where to go, any outcome can be claimed as predicable. Kong won in the Japanese movie, if Godzilla wins in the American one people will say that's predicable. If Kong wins again people will say bullshit. If it's a tie people will call the filmmakers pussies. What I want is good fights with memorable moments like maybe King Kong doing a jawbreaker on Godzilla only to get blasted in the face with atomic fire and look on in shock as Godzilla snaps his jaw back in place and maybe Kong picking up Godzilla by the tail and throwing him.
Fun fact: In that scene from the 1962 film, Nakajima was allegedly in the Godzilla suit.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:

Fun fact: In that scene from the 1962 film, Nakajima was allegedly in the Godzilla suit.
I don't know about that, but I know when he flips him over with a judo throw he is in the suit.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

>Godzilla has almost 3/4 of people predicting him as the winner

What makes you guys think he’ll be the winner? I’m super unsure myself.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I want Godzilla to win but I don't want it to be a one sided fight. I want Kong to seriously injure Godzilla to the point of near death, and vice versa.

I can't wait to see what
Spoiler:
that cool axe from the new toys
can do

GodzillaFanForLife
Ronin

Post by GodzillaFanForLife »

That's immature. The first King Kong vs. Godzilla only implied possibly Kong won. Before it was confirmed Kong won I interpreted it as a stalemate.

If Kong gets a clear victory that's awesome and Godzilla has already defeated his enemies in two films with some assistance. Have Godzilla win first GvK battle and Kong the last to show both can defeat the other.

Godzilla is way more powerful but Kong is more intelligent and besides in films the underdog often wins so fans wanting and expecting Godzilla to win all the fights especially the last might get very disappointed.
Last edited by GodzillaFanForLife on Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFanForLife wrote:

That's immature. The first King Kong vs. Godzilla only implied possibly Kong won. Before it was confirmed Kong won I interpreted it as a stalemate.

If Kong gets a clear victory that's awesome and Godzilla has already defeated his enemies in two films with some assistance. Have Godzilla win first GvK battle and Kong the last to show both can defeat the other.

Godzilla is way more powerful but Kong is more intelligent and besides in films the underdog often wins so fans wanting and expecting Godzilla to win all the fights especially the last might get very disappointed.
Kong has done nothing to show his is vastly superior to MV Godzilla. King was smarter in 62 because Godzilla was brute force in 1962.

Godzilla's intelligence has vastly increased across media since then.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFanForLife
Ronin

True Godzilla does have increased intelligence but I think the film will have Kong win the last GvK fight.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

It really doesn't matter to me who wins or loses. I'm more interested in the story that's to be told, and I'm fine with either winning depending on the narrative provided.

If I had to pick a winner, though, I kinda wanna side with Kong even he already won in '62 and so it's only fair Godzilla wins this time.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

GodzillaFanForLife
Ronin

It's not a true rematch so Kong can still win and Godzilla won in his MonsterVerse films so I predict Kong will win because he's the underdog and films love the underdog winning but I want Godzilla.
Last edited by GodzillaFanForLife on Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFanForLife wrote:It's not a true rematch so Kong can still win and Godzilla won in his MonsterVerse films so I predict Kong will win because he's the underdog and films love the underdog winning but I want Godzilla.
Godzilla is the face that runs the place. Kong winning would be like Iron Fist beating Iron Man in the Mcu.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFanForLife
Ronin

The MonsterVerse belongs to both Godzilla and Kong. Godzilla is the face for the Toho films but it's different for the MonsterVerse and fans need to accept that.
Last edited by GodzillaFanForLife on Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

miguelnuva wrote:
GodzillaFanForLife wrote:It's not a true rematch so Kong can still win and Godzilla won in his MonsterVerse films so I predict Kong will win because he's the underdog and films love the underdog winning but I want Godzilla.
Godzilla is the face that runs the place. Kong winning would be like Iron Fist beating Iron Man in the Mcu.
That’s a bad comparison and you know it :lol:

Kong made the most money, if anything he’s like Captain America or Thor. Monsterverse doesn’t only have one face, y’all should know that by now
Image Image

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

miguelnuva wrote:Godzilla is the face that runs the place. Kong winning would be like Iron Fist beating Iron Man in the Mcu.
Huh?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

KingKong2005 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
That’s a bad comparison and you know it :lol:

Kong made the most money, if anything he’s like Captain America or Thor. Monsterverse doesn’t only have one face, y’all should know that by now
Kong made more money barely due to China being a bigger market. Godzilla is more popular Kong and that's the reason he's getting a trilogy and Kong is crossing over into his universe.

But I'll accept Kong as Thor is better than Iron Fist.
GodzillaFanForLife wrote:The MonsterVerse belongs to both Godzilla and Kong. Godzilla is the face for the Toho films but it's different for the MonsterVerse and fans need to accept that.
The Mcu was headlined by the 4 main Avegers as well but who was by far more popular.

Iron man and Cap> Thor and Hulk.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image