Who will win? Who are you rooting for? Godzilla vs. Kong poll

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Who will win in Godzilla vs. Kong? AND who do you WANT to win?

Want Godzilla, predict Godzilla
45%
Want Godzilla, predict Kong
17%
Want Kong, predict Kong
4%
Want Kong, predict Godzilla
13%
Predict Godzilla, but don't really care who wins
12%
Predict Kong, but don't really care who wins
9%

Total votes: 149

edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Who will win? Who are you rooting for? Godzilla vs. Kong poll

Post by edgaguirus »

I don't care who wins this fight. Godzilla and Kong are both strong brawlers, while Godzilla has that atomic breath and Kong can turn anything into a weapon. If they fight on Skull Island, the film makers will likely have Kong win.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

KingKong2005 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:41 pm
Shadowfyre wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:49 pm How would being on skull island help Kong at all? I mean, besides other monsters helping him, I'm pretty sure there is nothing that is even going to slow Godzilla down on that island.
Pretty sure I clarified Kong has the terrain advantage...

What I'm asking is what terrain on Skull Island helps him? It's just an island with smaller monsters on it. And for that matter, I doubt a city would be advantageous to Godzilla.

With him having the only ranged weapon, the island would suit Godzilla better as he would have a clear straight forward sight of Kong where a city Kong could duck and dodge Goji all day long

Added in 14 minutes 20 seconds:
I was a Marine so I just look at things from a strategic point of view. For me the main advantage Skull Island serves is simply Kong has allies and he knows the area. The terrain itself serves no advantage

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Shadowfyre wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:24 pm
KingKong2005 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:41 pm
Shadowfyre wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:49 pm How would being on skull island help Kong at all? I mean, besides other monsters helping him, I'm pretty sure there is nothing that is even going to slow Godzilla down on that island.
Pretty sure I clarified Kong has the terrain advantage...

What I'm asking is what terrain on Skull Island helps him? It's just an island with smaller monsters on it. And for that matter, I doubt a city would be advantageous to Godzilla.

With him having the only ranged weapon, the island would suit Godzilla better as he would have a clear straight forward sight of Kong where a city Kong could duck and dodge Goji all day long

Added in 14 minutes 20 seconds:
I was a Marine so I just look at things from a strategic point of view. For me the main advantage Skull Island serves is simply Kong has allies and he knows the area. The terrain itself serves no advantage
I see your point, but Kong can not only use the mountains for cover when dodging, but he can also use the mountains for jumping from and surprise attacks to Godzilla. He can also use the dirt or water to blind Godzilla for a second or two, hollow earth entry points to possibly trap Godzilla in, just things like that. The point is Kong knows the terrain and knows how to use it, especially after being around for over a hundred years and growing and exploring the hollow earth.
Image Image

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

I absolutely agree with you on the knowledge part, really just arguing out of boredom really. Does anyone remember a clear cut view of the entire island? I remember him jumping off some mountains. Good enough reason to rewatch it I suppose...

What part of the island do yall think the fight would be on? I'm thinking near the villagers as Kong would try to protect the most defenseless beings on the island.

Also what major structures do you want destroyed in the Hong Kong fight? I'm not particular but I won't that whole damn city ravaged.
Last edited by Shadowfyre on Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Shadowfyre wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:33 pm I absolutely agree with you on the knowledge part, really just arguing out of boredom really. Does anyone remember a clear cut view of the entire island? I remember him jumping off some mountains. Good enough reason to rewatch it I suppose...

What part of the island do yall think the fight would be on? I'm thinking near the villagers as Kong would try to protect the most defenseless beings on the island.à
DUDE RIGHT?!! The wide shot views of the island shows like no land, just mini mountains and water, but then when he takes on two skull crawlers it looks like there is clear land for miles. It's pretty weird, I guess the water parts are the outer sections of the island, but further inland there is actual terrain and land.
Image Image

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

The island itself looked way to big for them to make it across in a couple of days considering giant ass monsters were attacking them

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Well, if Godzilla is the heel, then naturally, Kong should win. “But Kong should be weaker,” some say. And I agree.

The best scenario is that Kong wins, but only with the aid of something exceptional. Make it clear that in a fair fight, he would lose, then give him the assistance he needs to pull off the win.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I'm Team Godzilla all the way but Kong is probably going to clinch the win. That said, I don't want either of them to be killed. If this is indeed the last MonsterVerse movie I'd rather the "loser" just go back to their lair or whatever. Plus the fan backlash would be apocalyptic.
Last edited by Breakdown on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

I have such a lack of passion for this movie so I don't have too much to say so I will keep it brief. Godzilla. This whole "underdog needs to win" cliche is stale. In fact I'd say the constant appearance of these cliches is a factor in theatres taking a hit in moviergoers. It certainly is for me.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I want it to be a situation ala the original Rocky.

Godzilla wins...but Kong goes the distance and shows a lot of heart and ultimately earns the respect of Godzilla and the admiration of the audience

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

godzilla. no point in crowning him king only to get dethroned in the next movie
your source of self destruction

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Godzilla will win the fight, but Kong will be more sympathetic and will probably have his hero moment to have audiences cheering for him.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Godzilla will win the fight. There won’t be any question about it. Kong won’t be killed though. Kong will awaken to help his “king” fight the bigger threat.

People can cry “oh it’s just like BvS”, but seriously there’s no other real way to do it.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Cookson wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:24 am Godzilla will win the fight. There won’t be any question about it. Kong won’t be killed though. Kong will awaken to help his “king” fight the bigger threat.

People can cry “oh it’s just like BvS”, but seriously there’s no other real way to do it.
People keep bringing up BvS but every crossover does this. Iron Man and Cap fought Thor in the first Avengers and even Disney had Stich fight Jake Long.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

This IGN poll of over 56,000 is pretty decisive.

https://twitter.com/ign/status/1351593594684018688?s=21

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:05 am
Cookson wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:24 am Godzilla will win the fight. There won’t be any question about it. Kong won’t be killed though. Kong will awaken to help his “king” fight the bigger threat.

People keep bringing up BvS but every crossover does this. Iron Man and Cap fought Thor in the first Avengers and even Disney had Stich fight Jake Long.
Agreed. I feel like it'll be respectful with Godzilla likely getting a good beating at points. But overall his stats are a bit too high for Kong.

Also One will fall poster with Kong under it is huge lowkey spoiler. Practically gave us the answer.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:05 am

That movie was called The Avengers, not "Iron Man and Cap Vs Thor". A movie like BvS is just a huge mess all around. When you have a movie like Godzilla Vs Kong, people expect to see a good fight. Can expectation be subverted? Sure. You can either have no team up at all and just give the audience the fights they want. You can have a team up and even have the two monsters fight AFTER that team up. Or you could just have the much more standard "Fight into team up" idea. But I think there is a way to please both sides. I don't see Kong submitting, I don't see him or Godzilla dying. I feel like having there be two alphas is enough, having both win a round, and just showing both have their advantages over the other with constant one-ups. As long as there isn't disrespect to either side like "Kong DEPENDS on this, or we're going to completely change Godzilla and make him evil, or we'll have a monster get one-shotted." If we can just get the fight we are promised and if it can be an amazing one that is memorable, that would be everything! It would really overshadow the idea of a team up when the main battle is a true spectacle.
Image Image

Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

Easily Godzilla assuming we get a fair 1v1 matchup. Obviously if Mechagodzilla or some other kaiju helps Kong then that is different. I hope Godzilla since Kong already won if I remember correctly. That way each of them had a victory.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Hm.... How do I vote if I think they'll be multiple rounds?

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Desghidorah wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:53 pm Hm.... How do I vote if I think they'll be multiple rounds?
Just comment it.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!