Godzilla vs Kong General Discussion (No Spoilers)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Godzilla vs Kong General Discussion (No Spoilers)

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yeah it really don't. It feels more like Man of Steel or something along those lines.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

LindenHS wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:11 pm Not sure where else to put this but Amhuluk has been revealed!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNLJeg6h9mW ... w4ejn7rrv5

Stinger tongue... stretchy limbs... freaky as all heck

And I never want to see that thing staring at me from any distance..
If they kill Behemoth off in a comic I'll be pissed.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

https://mobile.twitter.com/BeeDrawingAr ... 4685670400

I’m pretty disappointed in Dickard T. I loved his animations. I don’t care about his opinions on GvK, but he’s been throwing a multi-day long tantrum where he sends his followers after people and is blocking people for liking the movie
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

LindenHS
Monarch Researcher

Post by LindenHS »

ernesth100 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:10 am
LindenHS wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:11 pm Not sure where else to put this but Amhuluk has been revealed!

Not gonna spoil it but... never be on a ref’s personal s**tlist.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:20 am https://mobile.twitter.com/BeeDrawingAr ... 4685670400

I’m pretty disappointed in Dickard T. I loved his animations. I don’t care about his opinions on GvK, but he’s been throwing a multi-day long tantrum where he sends his followers after people and is blocking people for liking the movie
Care to elaborate a little more on this? What happened?
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Godzilla21 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:46 pm
gottatalktothefake wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:20 am https://mobile.twitter.com/BeeDrawingAr ... 4685670400

Dickard was ranting about how the directors of other Godzilla movies would have hated what Godzilla is now and someone proved him wrong so he immediately blocked him. He also sent his followers after people who said anything remotely positive about GvK

So essentially he threw a tantrum over people liking a movie he didnt
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:53 pm

Dickard was ranting about how the directors of other Godzilla movies would have hated what Godzilla is now and someone proved him wrong so he immediately blocked him. He also sent his followers after people who said anything remotely positive about GvK

Ok. Sounds pretty immature
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Well, today I saw Godzilla vs. Kong, which has been a long time in coming.

I was not disappointed.

This movie was magnificent! Awesome! Fantastic! in short, King Kong vs. Godzilla on steroids!

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

I'm glad so many people are enjoying it, including many who aren't normally interested in kaiju. We're living in dark times, and Godzilla vs. Kong is exactly the type of ridiculous escapist fare the world needs.
Last edited by Rando Yaguchi on Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I'd give them one more film. An end everything DAM style flick. After that I'm done. I want a completely different studio, team, and production company have their crack at an American Godzilla film. I mean there's only so much that can be done that American audiences would buy in to and only so many monsters worth getting the license for. I mean a DAM film is about the only thing that could top a concept like Godzilla vs Kong anyway. Legendary has created more than enough of its own monsters they don't need to buy the rights to any more of Toho's creations.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Bluezilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Bluezilla »

LindenHS wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:25 am
ernesth100 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:10 am

Not gonna spoil it but... never be on a ref’s personal s**tlist.
Appears to be made out of lianas like grape vines for instance.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Godzilla21 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:01 pm
gottatalktothefake wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:53 pm

Ok. Sounds pretty immature
I feel sorry for the people who have been attack by his fans for liking a movie, it so unnecessary and stupid to attack people that have a different opinion than your.

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

I don't know who Dickard T. is or anything about him but that's small dick energy if I've ever seen it.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

*sigh* This is what I'm referring to when I say "LP/WB just can't win with these movies". I'm now 100% convinced that, no matter what they do, there's always gonna be a section of fans out there crying about "nawt enuff keijoo actyun". I screencapped one of the comments from John Campea's GvK Out of the Theater reaction video, and it just reeks of fail:

This guy has no idea how budgets or plots for kaiju movies work. He's trying to make it a black and white "one or the other" between kaiju fights and "boring humans" and just being an all-around ignoramus. First off, if it were JUST 2 hours of kaiju action, it would be plotless drivel that would get old after a while. As much as I didn't care for all the sex/dating talk in the first Cloverfield movie, if they weren't at the beginning of the film, the falling Statue of Liberty head and walking kaiju silhouette around the buildings scenes wouldn't have nearly the same impact. A kaiju movie needs both to work. Secondly, it would drive up the budget to $500+ mil if this guy had his way, and that's probably a generous estimate. The first movie cost $150m, and that was with around 20 minutes of kaiju screentime.

And sadly, this wouldn't be the first time I've seen somebody write such mindless drivel about the MV films:

Last edited by KManX89 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I don't understand the difference people seem to have between a CBM and a Kaiju flick.

One is allowed to have a story and a human narrative, but the other should be strictly fight scenes? I think that's one of the reasons they haven't made another Hulk film, his films were also criticized bc no one cares about Banner, just Hulk.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

...Kajui?
Last edited by Gigantis on Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:01 pm I don't understand the difference people seem to have between a CBM and a Kaiju flick.

One is allowed to have a story and a human narrative, but the other should be strictly fight scenes? I think that's one of the reasons they haven't made another Hulk film, his films were also criticized bc no one cares about Banner, just Hulk.
Exactly people are so one track minded to an almost bias level when it comes to kaiju films. I don't think the fans will ever be truly satisfied at this point. You guys don't like anything
Last edited by ernesth100 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:05 pm...Kajui?
Kajui War: Goodzil vs Keng coming soon to a local theater near u.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:01 pm I don't understand the difference people seem to have between a CBM and a Kaiju flick.

You have to have a human element AND good action in both, but one key difference that a lot of people overlook with such comparisons is: superheroes can actually talk, giant monsters can’t.

That’s also a key difference between kaiju and the Transformers movies that people conveniently ignore when equating the “useless humans” in the two movies. I kid you not, Steph Cozza actually compared the two in her KotM review. 🤦‍♂️ And I’m sure there’s others like her out there making the same asinine comparison/false equivalence.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Anyone watch that ASM Godzilla vs Kong series on YouTube? The MV should def pull from that in the future.

In terms of story telling they do a great job with zero human interaction.
Last edited by ernesth100 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.