Ghidorah's species and ecology

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Ironcarnage101
GPN Volunteer

Ghidorah's species and ecology

Post by Ironcarnage101 »

In KOTM, Ghidorah is described as an extra-terrestrial, invasive species. But nothing else was ever mentioned describing their race, like how do they reproduce, how many heads can a Ghidorah have, what was Ghidorah's home planet like, did they ever have a family? I'd love to hear people's theories on Ghidorah's back-story
Last edited by Ironcarnage101 on Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Ghidorah's species and ecology

Post by BlankAccount »

Pure Evil.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

This is one of those cases where it should just be total mystery and letting viewers decide.

Fearing the unknown.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

My friend made this.
The ghidorah will usually lay 3 eggs, but sometimes they lay 6 or even 9 eggs. Never in sets other than 3, however. The set or sets of 3 eggs will hatch into small, furry creatures called “Dorats”. The dorats will then get into a set of 3 or sets of 3 and begin dueling to the death, using their barely formed wings, teeth, and talons against each other. Eventually, two die and one is left the bloody victor. It then begins to feed from the remains of its brethren, assimilating the nutrients and absorbing them as part of their biomass. Then, the fallen dorats become the heads to the left and right of the original head of the creature, and the original head remains the middle, dominant head. The new Ghidorah almost immediately loses its fur, regenerates entirely, and it gains a good portion of the traits it will have as an adult (golden scales, two tails, barbed tails, longer necks, etc). However, it will retain the underdevelopedness of the Dorat (shorter, proportionately larger skull and larger eyes, etc), giving it a babyish, “cute” appearance. These features will eventually develop over thousands to hundreds of thousands of years.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Something something they are Doraths, something something they fuse together
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I would like to imagine there's other Ghidorahs out there and he's not the only one. If anything the novelization made it sound like a bigger one scared him off to Earth.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

I still think it would have been a nice nod if they had mentioned or suggested (if even just briefly) that Ghidorah had been to Venus in the past. Not straight up say there was once a humanoid race there before he wiped them out; But at least throw it in there so there could be speculation. It would also make sense with the MV version since he causes changes in the atmosphere just by flying through it. Also hint that Ghidorah might not have even been fully mature. Maybe later on down the line (if the Monsterverse continues past GvK) introduce KING Ghidorah. An elder of the species much stronger than the first Ghidorah. I'd honestly rather have that than Mecha-Ghidorah. And yes it would likely just be Mecha-Ghidorah and not Mecha King Ghidorah since they never called him KG in KOTM. They allude to it, but it's never stated that it's "King" Ghidorah.
Dedicated To Darkness..

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Kaeyas wrote:I still think it would have been a nice nod if they had mentioned or suggested (if even just briefly) that Ghidorah had been to Venus in the past. Not straight up say there was once a humanoid race there before he wiped them out; But at least throw it in there so there could be speculation. It would also make sense with the MV version since he causes changes in the atmosphere just by flying through it. Also hint that Ghidorah might not have even been fully mature. Maybe later on down the line (if the Monsterverse continues past GvK) introduce KING Ghidorah. An elder of the species much stronger than the first Ghidorah. I'd honestly rather have that than Mecha-Ghidorah. And yes it would likely just be Mecha-Ghidorah and not Mecha King Ghidorah since they never called him KG in KOTM. They allude to it, but it's never stated that it's "King" Ghidorah.
One of my headcanons is Mars and Venus were once habitable planets but were wiped out by King Ghidorah due to lacking any alpha kaiju that Earth had which was Godzilla.

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Kaeyas wrote:I still think it would have been a nice nod if they had mentioned or suggested (if even just briefly) that Ghidorah had been to Venus in the past. Not straight up say there was once a humanoid race there before he wiped them out; But at least throw it in there so there could be speculation. It would also make sense with the MV version since he causes changes in the atmosphere just by flying through it. Also hint that Ghidorah might not have even been fully mature. Maybe later on down the line (if the Monsterverse continues past GvK) introduce KING Ghidorah. An elder of the species much stronger than the first Ghidorah. I'd honestly rather have that than Mecha-Ghidorah. And yes it would likely just be Mecha-Ghidorah and not Mecha King Ghidorah since they never called him KG in KOTM. They allude to it, but it's never stated that it's "King" Ghidorah.
One of my headcanons is Mars and Venus were once habitable planets but were wiped out by King Ghidorah due to lacking any alpha kaiju that Earth had which was Godzilla.
I definatley like this idea.
Dedicated To Darkness..

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Is it okay for me to imagine he has the same backstory as Thomas Fairchild’s interpretation of King Ghidorah in KWC Matches 56 and 79?

(That being he’s a nihilistic three-headed dragon older than the universe that was driven mentally insane by discovering the meaning of life.)
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Living Corpse wrote:Pure Evil.
Necessary evil. He’s Gaia’s reckoning, here to end the borrowed time we’ve all been living on.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I like this response simply because it serves as a hilarious answer to the OPs questions.

His species? Pure evil
His planet? Pure evil
How do they reproduce? The soul damning power of pure fucking evil.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Legendary Gojira wrote:
Necessary evil. He’s Gaia’s reckoning, here to end the borrowed time we’ve all been living on.
He's not part of Earth's order. He's a big fish brought to the wrong pond.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

GmkGoji wrote:My friend made this.
The ghidorah will usually lay 3 eggs, but sometimes they lay 6 or even 9 eggs. Never in sets other than 3, however. The set or sets of 3 eggs will hatch into small, furry creatures called “Dorats”. The dorats will then get into a set of 3 or sets of 3 and begin dueling to the death, using their barely formed wings, teeth, and talons against each other. Eventually, two die and one is left the bloody victor. It then begins to feed from the remains of its brethren, assimilating the nutrients and absorbing them as part of their biomass. Then, the fallen dorats become the heads to the left and right of the original head of the creature, and the original head remains the middle, dominant head. The new Ghidorah almost immediately loses its fur, regenerates entirely, and it gains a good portion of the traits it will have as an adult (golden scales, two tails, barbed tails, longer necks, etc). However, it will retain the underdevelopedness of the Dorat (shorter, proportionately larger skull and larger eyes, etc), giving it a babyish, “cute” appearance. These features will eventually develop over thousands to hundreds of thousands of years.
Oh i love this fancanon!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

There's a lot of mystery to him honestly, we don't know if he lives on another planet or in the vacuum of space. We don't know if there's more or if he's one of kind, we don't know if he's natural, a mutant or alien made weapon.

Heck we don't even know if he's conjoined triplets or if having multiple heads is normal for his kind.

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Living Corpse wrote:There's a lot of mystery to him honestly, we don't know if he lives on another planet or in the vacuum of space. We don't know if there's more or if he's one of kind, we don't know if he's natural, a mutant or alien made weapon.

Heck we don't even know if he's conjoined triplets or if having multiple heads is normal for his kind.
I like the idea that he’s conjoined triplets. That would make him stand out even amongst his own kind.
GO GO GOJI KUN

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

KG was not pure evil. He’s the same KG he’s always been. He’s a maniacal asshole who turns into a coward once the tables begin to turn.

If you want pure, cold, calculating evil you’re thinking of MG.