What Titans do you want to see in Godzilla vs. Kong?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

What Titans do you want to see?

Titanus Abaddon
No votes
Titanus Amhuluk
No votes
Titanus Baphomet
7%
Titanus Behemoth
24%
Titanus Bunyip
3%
Titanus Kraken
No votes
Titanus Leviathan
No votes
Titanus Margygr
No votes
Titanus Methuselah
7%
Titanus Mokele-Mbembe
14%
Titanus MUTO
3%
Titanus Quetzalcoatl
No votes
Titanus Sekhmet
10%
Titanus Scylla
7%
Titanus Tiamat
No votes
Titanus Typhon
3%
Titanus Yamata-no-Orochi
3%
Other
17%

Total votes: 29

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: What Titans do you want to see in Godzilla vs. Kong?

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Well I've got a feeling we'll see a Mothra as Dr Chen will probably have a bigger role and possibly her family's connection to Mothra delved into a bit more.

Pretty sure we'll also see the Skullcrawlers again.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

I want to see the Behemoth (Hector from "Amazing World of Gumball) actually do something. It looks pretty cool, I want to see what it can do.
Spoiler:
Ghidorah is alive, so I want to see what they do with him after he lost his place as Alpha.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I find this really weird...You guys have been asking for more original and new monsters and that's what you got now rather you want to see old monsters (Rodan and Mothra) again? I is confused? :?

Also its pretty certain Rodan and maybe Mothra will be in the film anyways its a no brainer.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I still want Fenrir. We need more mammals.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

*Darth Sidious voice*

All of them.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

JAGzilla wrote:*Darth Sidious voice*

All of them.
All of them, my lord?

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Living Corpse wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:*Darth Sidious voice*

All of them.
All of them, my lord?
DO IT!
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

something aquatic, amphibious, terrestrial, or just doesn't fly
your source of self destruction

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote:Why does everyone seem to have such a massive boner for the sloth?
It isn't often we get mammalian kaiju.
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:Rodan-Kong fight is new and excites me.
Then watch that Kong kills Rodan.
Oh, that's fair.

Somewhat related: I really wish in the fandom, we all called them kaiju, not Titans. I feel like that's an in-universe term. They're Kaiju, we can call them Kaiju. Kaiju can be American.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Fish Cakes wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote:Why does everyone seem to have such a massive boner for the sloth?
Cause sloth's are cool critters. 8-)
They were created to be bullied
Whenever someone says this, it sends a signal that transcends time to 20,000 years BC that causes a Megatherium to slap a smilodon off a cliff.

I wan 2 see Rodan and Behemoth back. Maybe scylla.
Last edited by Gawdziller1954 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Of course Rodan. After that...maybe Mokele mbembe and Methuselah.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Decided to add a poll.

HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer

Post by HannibalBarca »

Unpopular opinion: none of them. Godzilla, Kong, and Mechagodzilla (if that's what we're doing) are plenty. Wouldn't mind a bit of Rodan and Mothra too, but not if it means the movie's too scatter-brained to stay focused on telling a coherent story.

All the "bonus" monsters were one of my least favorite parts of KOTM. Would have preferred more quality time with Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mothra over the "mass awakening" stuff, which I mostly found pointless and contrived.
In my opinion, of course.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

HannibalBarca wrote:Unpopular opinion: none of them. Godzilla, Kong, and Mechagodzilla (if that's what we're doing) are plenty. Wouldn't mind a bit of Rodan and Mothra too, but not if it means the movie's too scatter-brained to stay focused on telling a coherent story.

All the "bonus" monsters were one of my least favorite parts of KOTM. Would have preferred more quality time with Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mothra over the "mass awakening" stuff, which I mostly found pointless and contrived.
Yeah, I don't really care about any of the kaiju in King of the Monsters. Except for the classic Toho ones and the Muto.

It doesn't really make sense to see a giant mammoth swim to skull island either.

Hoping to see some more creatures at Skull Island. I don't think we saw mother long legs upper body?
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

To be fair it didn't make much sense seeing Larvas swim across the ocean by bobbing their heads back in the day. I'm willing to think any Kaiju, be it mobile or immobile, can swim across the high seas with no trouble.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

1. Behemoth: Maybe in the opening of the movie as we recap what the Titans are up to during the events of Kotm and GvK, would love to see him fight Kong.
2. Rodan: Probably a given, but still.
3: Mokele Mbembe: I want to see a giant sauropod like beast, gracing the big screen, showing up with other monsters in the opening.
4: Leviathan: Maybe ba warm up match for Godzilla, Leviathan tries to challenge Godzilla, but ultimately loses, not that Godzilla needs to be put over, but it would be hella fun to watch.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I is still confused? I thought everyone wanted more original and new monsters and that's what we got? :?

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I is still confused? I thought everyone wanted more original and new monsters and that's what we got? :?
I thought it was obvious people wanted the old monsters to return too, nothing wrong with having a balance
between new and familiar.
Fish Cakes wrote: Somewhat related: I really wish in the fandom, we all called them kaiju, not Titans. I feel like that's an in-universe term. They're Kaiju, we can call them Kaiju. Kaiju can be American.
We can call them Titans if we want, Titan means big and powerful. Besides Pacific Rim already uses Kaiju.
Last edited by UltimateDitto on Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

UltimateDitto wrote:1. Behemoth: Maybe in the opening of the movie as we recap what the Titans are up to during the events of Kotm and GvK, would love to see him fight Kong.
I think it'd be actually cooler if he became Kong's buddy like how Anguirus is to Godzilla. Be cool if Behemoth turned on Godzilla and sided with him.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

_JNavs_ wrote:To be fair it didn't make much sense seeing Larvas swim across the ocean by bobbing their heads back in the day. I'm willing to think any Kaiju, be it mobile or immobile, can swim across the high seas with no trouble.
Yeah I always saw if a kaiju really wants/needs to get somewhere, it will swim or dig even if it's not built for it cause they are insanely persistent.